Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$275
$250
QualityInn
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$206
Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$249
$220
The Historic Crags Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$379
$349
Hotels.com
Estes Mountain Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$148
The Baldpate Inn(Estes Park)
$150
Dao House(Estes Park)
$219
Deer Crest Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$164
Official Site
Econo Lodge(Estes Park)
$178
Hotwire.com
Blue Door Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$160
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe big thompson riverthe riverhot tuba stones throwhiking trailsgreat hostsfull kitchento rocky mountain national parkperfect locationa wonderful staycoffee makertrip to estes parkgas fireplacegarypatiormnpproperty
Reviewed September 1, 2014

I just returned from my 12th visit to Swiftcurrent Lodge. I have been making yearly visits to Estes Park and RMNP for 40 years. I started by camping in the park (I recommend the Moraine Park camp ground) where I was able to enjoy the great outdoors but lets face it I also enjoy my morning shower and my wife finely told me she wasn't that crazy about camping. We stayed in different hotels over the next several years but I missed the outdoor connection. For the next 10+ years we rented various houses at Aspen Brook (across the street from Swiftcurrent ) . They are very nice and I would recommend them for larger groups and families. Finally back in 2002 we booked our first stay at the Swiftcurrent lodge, We have stayed there every year since. We have already made plans for next year. My point is that I have sampled a lot of what Estes Park has to offer, I can afford to stay just about anywhere I want, and I choose to stay at Swiftcurrent Lodge. It is the best in Estes Park.

I enjoy sitting on my private patio just feet from the Big Thompson river and facing open forest. Just last week I watched a bull elk feeding in the meadow, a deer passing through, squirrels collecting pine cones, a humming bird looking for nectar, children playing hide and seek, a rabbit living in the old barn, and 7 lovely sunsets. On our last night there we enjoyed a glass or two(?) of wine, shrimp cocktail, and a steak cooked on the provided grill.

We stayed in cottage 1 this trip, our favorite. We have also stayed in units 2, 9, 10. Cottages(1-4) have been newly remodeled this year (Gary took us on a tour), They are all clean and cozy while retaining their rustic charm. We also took a peek at lodge room 6 which we plan to to rent for a winter vacation sometime soon. Some of the units were designed for two people, others for 3 and 4. Pay attention when you book and you won't end up like the illiterates that gave a bad review.

We have met some wonderful people at Swiftcurrent. Gary and Coni treat us like friends. Some folks are outgoing, others keep to themselves. Three years ago we met a lovely lady battling cancer that was so full of life. I will always remember her.

I don't write reviews. I have stayed at 100's of hotels for business and pleasure. Swiftcurrent is the only place I feel passionate enough about to write a review. I just love the place,

Thank you for sharing your piece of paradise with us,
Steve & Vick Foster
Garland, Texas

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveFoster
Coni-Gary, Owner at Swiftcurrent Lodge on the River, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Hi Steve & Vicki-
We're so glad you had another nice visit. We always look forward to seeing you each year. Thank you for your 2015 reservation. Your great!

Reviewed August 30, 2014

Nice cheap shot at people who tried to help you out of a mess you created. My wile and I have stayed at the Swift Current Lodge both Spring and Fall for years and we have always found Coni and Gary willing to go above and beyond to accommodate their guests. If you chose not to stay at the lodge Gary recommended to you, I guess it was your choice to have your family sleep in the car. I would recommend you make reservations for the actual number of people who will be using the room and turn your watch back 1 hour when you cross into Mountain Time. Most of all when you screw something up, don't try to blame someone else for it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2014

This was my first time staying at the lodge (we stayed in cabin#4 for 3 nights). The cabin was sparkling clean and tastefully decorated, kitchen was well equipped. My mom and I felt safe, welcome, and comfortable. I highly recommend staying there.

Room Tip: Cabin#4 - just remodeled...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Coni-Gary, Owner at Swiftcurrent Lodge on the River, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

Hi Ofelia-
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. Your 82 year old Mother is amazing. We can't say enough about all the wonderful people we have as guests.
Sincerely- Coni & Gary

Reviewed August 29, 2014

This was our first visit to Swiftcurrent. The resort is more affordable than most I looked at online. When we arrived we were concerned about the close proximity of our cabin (#4) to the highway. Our concern was unfounded because the sound of the river drowns out the highway noise. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Our cabin was immaculate and cozy. The access to nearby walking/hiking was great! As we explored Estes Park I noticed another perk of Swiftcurrent. There are no other cabins (only forest) across the river from you so when you're outside relaxing there is no one staring back at you as we saw at other resorts in different areas. The only slight negative in our opinion was that the very firm mattress wasn't the most comfortable, but it was okay. Overall this was an excellent place to stay for the $ and we would definitely go back!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Ginger & Guy-
Thank you for your kind review. We are so lucky to be only 300 yards from Rocky Mtn National Park. We just had a big bull elk lounging in the meadow across the river yesterday. The elk rut will be starting in the next couple weeks! We hope to see you again in the future.
Gary & Coni

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We were not told that our 3 and 4 year old kids counted as adults when we made our reservations. We paid for a 2 night stay and made it to Estes Park around 9pm. The owner wouldn't let us stay because we had our children with us and would not refund our money. We had to sleep IN OUR CAR because there weren't any other lodges open that late at night. To throw a family out at 9pm with two small children who have already paid for 2 nights takes a certain kind of owner and business. I would not suggest staying there or supporting this man's business.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Familyof4KC
Coni-Gary, Owner at Swiftcurrent Lodge on the River, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Jamie-
We appreciate all feedback and are sorry that your experience was not a happy one. When you arrived at 8pm, you informed us that you had not originally planned on bringing your children and understood that the room you reserved on-line was only able to accommodate two people. Our on-line system would not have allowed you to reserve that room with more than two people, children included. We did send you to another establishment close by because we knew they had a room open that was large enough for your family. We called them the next morning to see if all was well, but they told us you never showed up? Your original reservation was for two nights and you called and added one night which we told you we would collect for when you checked-in. We did not charge you for the third night even though we did not re-rent any of your nights. Unfortunately, we did not have a larger unit available when you arrived or we would have been able to change your unit. We would love to have you come back and stay in one of our larger units.