Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$260
$235
QualityInn
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$329
$319
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$206
Estes Village Inn(Estes Park)
$178
$160
The Historic Crags Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$379
$349
The Baldpate Inn(Estes Park)
$150
Dao House(Estes Park)
$219
Estes Mountain Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$148
$137
Econo Lodge(Estes Park)
$178
Hotwire.com
Blue Door Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$170
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe big thompson riverthe riverhot tuba stones throwhiking trailsgreat hostsfull kitchento rocky mountain national parkperfect locationa wonderful staycoffee makertrip to estes parkgas fireplacegarypatiormnpproperty
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We really enjoyed our time at Swiftcurrent Lodge. We stayed in one of the upstairs rooms. It was basically like a hotel room with a good-size fridge, microwave, and bathroom. It was very clean and I loved how it was decorated! We also had a balcony. Unfortunately, our balcony faced the Dunraven Inn Restaurant instead of the river. Next time I'd like to have the room facing the river. The other bad thing was that it is right off of a busy road. We kept our deck door closed because of the noise. I feel like the rooms on the river side might have been quieter because of the water noise. It did quiet down at night, fortunately. Other than that, I loved the place. The location was beautiful. There was also a hot tub next to the river. I'd love to come back (and stay in the room facing the river). A room on the river at $94/night in Estes Park is about the best bang for your buck. The owners were nice too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I made a last minute plan to spend a night in some place. Choose estes park and called dozens of lodges but all were full. Luckily got one night stay available at swiftcurrent. Place is beautiful with big thompson running next to your cabin. I wish I could have stayed longer. There are few trails nearby which you should try.
I would suggest to book ground level cabins so you are closer to the river front.

Room Tip: choose ground floor rooms facing the river,
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I argued with Gary the owner over this 30 day ridiculous policy for cancellation, they were
far from polite. Owners were only in office about one hour, the housekeeper showed me
to the room. I needed info on resturants but no to ask, so I went to visitor center.
I stayed one night in July. Definitely not worth $95/night. Room was simple but clean.
It was in a quad 8 room building 2 story so at least 4 rooms shared a wall, was not
quiet at all. I went to bed early because of sickness in Denver had to get back early.
Fridge was nice a large, heat worked nice, bath was small but clean, bed was hard
as a rock, my body sweat where touched bed, so Im guessing it had some type of
plastic cover. No view at all, except restaurant next door. Located way out in country
about 3 or 4 miles from town. Had rained that morning, parking lot was very muddy
and huge water hole in drive way; that's hard on brakes.
TV was very small, maybe 19-24 inch, I couldn't read anything from bed.
I would NOT choose this again due to cancellation policy and above comments.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here three days in early July. Cabin was divided into 3 different apartments. Ours faced the rushing stream; the Big Thompson. Cabins set under huge pine trees with chairs and benches throughout over looking stream. Small crowded rooms with queen bed and very small bath room adjacent. We got by because we were out visiting most of the time.

Trout fishing was limited on property side; however YMCA property on other side was easily accessible and adjacent property was posted. You could walk into Rocky Mtn Natl Park thru that property which was acceptable as we did for a hike and some fishing.

Estes Park was only 4 miles down the road for anything needed.

Room Tip: Big is better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary-Coni, Owner at Swiftcurrent Lodge on the River, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

We appreciate hearing from our guests. With Rocky Mountain National Park only 300 yards upstream, the fishing is unlimited. We are sorry that your unit was not up to your standards. Your unit does have a very "compact" bathroom as is stated on our rooms & rates page of our website. We do offer larger units for a higher price. Hopefully, you will stay with us again and can try one of the larger units.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at the Swifcurrent Lodge for the first time - 3 nights. I had read about it for a few years and finally made a reservation. The reviews are right, and that is why I am adding to the list. The owners are so kind and hospitable. This place has been their life for 17 years, so they care about it and keeping things in good shape. They know the gem they have in the location. Morning coffee on the river - can't beat it. At night the sound of the river - fabulous. The prices are very reasonable. If you want urban style and fancy smancy, go somewhere else. If you want clean, nice, cozy, comfortable, true Colorado mountain environment, stay here. The owners are very, very kind and are available if you need them, but leave you to your privacy as well. We like the distance from town - close but not too close. Yes, yes, yes to the Swiftcurrent Lodge.

Room Tip: All the rooms are close to the river, but the extra $10 to overlook the river is worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary-Coni, Owner at Swiftcurrent Lodge on the River, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

It was our pleasure to have you stay here with us. Thank you for the opportunity. We look forward to seeing you again.