“"Unbelievable"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Swiftcurrent Lodge On The River
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were completely surprised at the loveliness of this lodge. We could sit at out kitchen table and see the river rushing by. They have all the appliances and kitchenware you could ever possibly need. Each cabin/unit has it's a gas grill and table and chairs. The price is perfect. The restaurant next door "The Dunraven" is 5 star. This trip was a memorable one. We will be back!

Ms Ellis & Ms Larson

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Swiftcurrent Lodge On The River

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I researched via Internet for several days before going with Swiftcurrent Lodge for our visit to the Rocky Mountain National Park. I loved the pictures on the web site and the fact that the owners put their own picture on the home page. I also liked that you could reserve exactly the room you wanted for your stay. Well, we were not disappointed and LOVED it all! We were in room 204, which was on the second floor overlooking the Big Thompson River. We kept the door open (had a screen) at night to get fresh air and especially to hear the rushing water. Everything was clean and the property was homey but well maintained. There is a hot tub that you could reserve and plenty of gas grills and seating areas along the river. We walked out the back of the lodge and could get to the park -- when we went, we came across an elk. Very cool! I would highly recommend the popular Dunraven restaurant next door -- best lasagna we've ever had! It is not in the tourist crowded area, but located about 2 miles from the main entrance to the park, a grocery/deli/souvenir store and other shops. Anyway, I would HIGHLY recommend the Swiftcurrent to everyone!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are probably fine, but we loved the upper level of the lodge facing the river. (exa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We will stay here everytime we visit Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. Our cottage was very clean and was just what we needed. Our back patio was right on the river, which was amazing. It included a table and chairs as well as a propane grill we used almost every night. We saw wildlife right across the river throughout our stay, including mule deer and elk. We took advantage of their swings, fire pit, and hot tub all along the river. You CANNOT find a place with a better backyard. Connie and Gary have been there for 18 years and know what they are doing. I delt with Gary throughout our stay and he could not have been a better host. If you are looking for a place that is clean, afordable, and right on the river, look no further!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
conipkn, Owner at Swiftcurrent Lodge On The River, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Amber & Derick,
Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to have you as guests at the Swiftcurrent Lodge and we are grateful that you enjoyed your stay here. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I lucked out when we decided to stay the night in Estes Park at the spur of the moment. This lodge is absolutely perfect and has lots of character. We loved the room, river, swings and of course the hot tub but most importantly the cleanliness of all the facilities and the friendliness of the owners. The Italian restaurant next door was also a pleasant surprise. We will definitely return to this establishment again but next time we will bring the whole family.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank cobabe
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I wanted to stay near water during my trip to Estes Park and Swiftcurrent Lodge was everything I hoped for! Cabin 2 was right on the Thompson River.. the patio complete with gas grill and lovely patio furniture was feet away from the wonderful sounds of rushing waters... very peaceful.. very quiet and quite comfortable.. I was with my daughter but it would also be a great place for a romantic get away.. and Rocky Mountain National Park is only minutes away.. If only I had more time to spend there.. I will be back to my new favorite place in Colorado!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank karmamamma
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I needed a nice place to get away and relax. I almost hate to let others know how much we enjoyed our stay at the Swiftcurrent Lodge - I want to keep the secret to myself! :) In all honesty, we plan to make this a yearly trip and stay at the same lodge again. Gary and Coni are great and the river is a must see, along with the convenient trail to Rocky Mountain National Park right from the lodge! This is a must for anyone who wants to get away and see some beautiful sights! :)

Lori Allard

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori A
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I did not want to stay in a typical 3 or 4 star hotel since I did not want the same format when I am on a relaxing trip, so even though I take it on a riverside, I may not have that "wow, I am feeling different and good! " factor.
At the same time, I wanted something which is affordable! Came across Swiftcurrent in Tripadvisor! Let me say, myself and my wife truly enjoyed our stay. I took Lodge No:9. It was small room with Kitchenette and more importantly Riverside Patio with Bbq grill. Do not expect the top of the line appliances or new look rooms. But let me tell you it is extremely clean. I liked the 80's feel. This place is more peaceful and not a party place for big group where you can play loud music and be crazy. Trust me, if you want the same you should check other options. Like, I would do the same if I want to party.

Other highlights: Trails, hot tub(Didn't get time to use, but it also faces the Riverside which is cool)

So, if you want a relaxing riverside, affordable and clean rooms next to RMNP, Swiftcurrent is perfect.

PS: If you want bigger room, just check with Cony or Gary. Lodge No:9 got a good view, however the Bathroom is compact. Check the specs in the website before booking. I am 6 ft, I had lil difficulty. But then, not so bad. Rest of the Cottages should be fine.

GPS: Google Navigation took me to the Lodge correctly with address: 2512 Hwy 66 / Moraine Route
Estes Park, CO 80517
I heard few others had issue with the maps!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple