“I was hooked the first time I stayed there.”
Review of Silver Moon Inn

Silver Moon Inn
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Upon the first time staying at the Silver Moon, I was hooked. Many Many years thereafter, I would not stay anywhere else. The rooms were nice, the cabins before they remodeled were small but quaint. The staff was NEVER anything but friendly. The small river running in front of the Inn-how could anyone in their right mind be disappointed with a river running right in front of your room?? swings, picnic tables, grills. Wonderful! If I want to stay at the Ritz when I'm on vacation, then I will pay for, and I will go to the Ritz. If I am not going to be satisfied with anything and complain about the river, etc. smallness of rooms, I go elsewhere, or I just stay home, where I should be happy, or am I, since I left the house to go on "vacation". There are always going to be someone out there who cannot be pleased, no matter what. I feel sorry for them. The beauty of the mountains, the convenience of having the town right there, walking distance, the cleanliness of the rooms and the peacefull sound of that river, my God, how could anyone go wrong??? I just dont get it, I guess. The sky will be blue tomorrow, and I will be happy. If the sky is gray, I will still be happy. Life and your happiness is what you make of it. I loved the place & cant wait to go back & relax & shop.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed March 27, 2010

Silver Moon Inn is in a great location in downtown Estes Park. The room we stayed in was a decent size, even with two queen beds in it. Everything was updated and in working order. When we first walked into the room, it looked a lot like a motel room and the foot of the bed was really close to the door, but once we settled in we found the room to be quiet, clean, and comfortable. The river wasn't quite what I expected from the description but there were plenty of places to sit alongside it and enjoy the mountain air. The free breakfast provided a decent selection of food and drinks and kept us going through a morning of hiking in the National Park. The staff we met were very welcoming and very helpful. All in all I found the Silver Moon Inn to be great place to stay and good value for the money. I will definitely stay there next time I'm in Estes Park.

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank L0veFreshAir
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Maybe it's not the very best value, but the location and the friendliness of the staff absolutely make up for it. It's an easy walk to the main street for shopping and eating. We had a little problem with the room that couldn't be fixed until the following day, which necessitated our moving to another room for the first night, and upon checking out, I found that our rate had been adjusted to make up for the inconvenience. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BobbinBloom
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We stayed one night and we were very disappointed! We expected a three diamond and did not get it. You can see that they have upgraded the bathroom only and added a flat screen tv & refrigerator. The bathroom had no towel bars or shelving. The closet was just a medal bar with wires coming out of it. The beds were not comfortable and the room was drab. The breakfast was real basic and the front desk person did not care about our concerns. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!
We could have stayed anywhere, it would have made no difference.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YBIInnkeeper
Reviewed November 5, 2009

My first adventure in 5 years and I chose this place in Estes Park after many reviews on this site. We couldn't have been more pleased. At the edge of town, perfect location, walking distance to main street and the best Grill in town right next door...that would be Wapiti Grill. Staff at the Inn here was awesome, very helpful and down to earth, maid service the best. Room was always cleaned well, free complimentary water..
As much as I loved this little town it is most defintely a "touristy" place. Only grocery store is expensive and like the local Starbucks staff they are customer service freindly but nothing more as they know you're not a "local". Ranger Bob at one of the entrances to RMNP was deintely rude.
My recommendations are defintely to stay here, eat at Wapiti Grill, The Wild Rose and the local Pizza place down the hill fm Safeway.
Enjoy
S & S

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SjoOmaha
Reviewed November 3, 2009

My mother and I spent two nights at the Silver Moon Inn during an autumn trip to Estes Park.

We booked over the phone the day before our arrival, and were told that we'd have to climb some stairs to access our room and asked if this was a problem... It wasn't a problem for us, but it was nice of them to ask. Perhaps they get a lot of customers unaccustomed to the elevation...

We were in the older section of the hotel - I didn't even realize there was a newer section until reading these reviews after-the-fact. We were given #208 on the second floor, a room which partially overlooked the parking lot, an area with picnic tables, BBQs and swings, and a section of the Fall River; the sound of which lulled us to sleep when we left the window open at night.

Our room was spacious and comfortable, with two queen beds, a wardrobe, a table with two chairs, and sink/vanity outside the bathroom. The bathroom was quite large with a tile floor and shower over the tub. The room was a bit dated, but cozy, nicely furnished and full of character.

Our room also had a smallish TV, a microwave and a small fridge.

Breakfast was included in the AARP rate of $87.50, and consisted of coffee, tea, juice, and various carbs...donuts, muffins, cereal bars, etc.

We found the inn perfectly located for walking to town and exploring Rocky Mtn National Park. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

An added bonus was the elk we found grazing on the Aspen right outside the door of reception on our first morning.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Silver Moon Inn and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009
2  Thank Melnq8
Reviewed October 22, 2009

This hotel has kitchenettes, it sits along a creek with fire pits and barbecues, and has a pool and hot tub. After a day of hiking it's pure pleasure. The staff is friendly and the location is within walking distance to downtown Estes. I've stayed here two different times and it keeps on getting better!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends