“Hidden Gem you HAVE to try”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Strudel Cafe - CLOSED

Strudel Cafe
Cuisines: International
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
“Hidden Gem you HAVE to try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've been to EP many times and just came across this place yesterday on my most recent visit. What a find!! We LOVED this place. We went there over Labor Day so the crowds in the town itself were crazy. This place is just a couple of minutes away past Safeway at the Appenzell Inn but MILES away from the crowds and was very nice and peaceful. We ate on the outside patio and it was delightful and gorgeous. The menu is also a little different so that made it that much more wonderful. It adds a little twist of the usual breakfast stuff but man what a twist is was. They have done a wonderful job with the menu. We found more than a couple of dishes interesting so would up ordering some different things to share amongst the 4 of us. The MUST tries are:
Brioche French Toast - Thicker than usual and the texture and taste was awesome. Served with warm syrup - Yum!!
Three Cheese Omelette - The combination of the different cheeses, spinach and mushroom was excellent
Apple and Walnut Strudel - Very good and super sweet. The texture was nice but IMO, it was more like Baklava than strudel. Not that it wasn't good which it was. Just a little different from what I was expecting.
Tuscan Baked Eggs - Awesome Awesome dish. The combination of flavors was excellent. Even the baguette it was served with was mouth watering. Speaking of mouthwatering, I'm going to have to stop the review before I drool on the keyboard. I enjoyed the service and food sooo much. I can't wait to hit this place again for breakfast on my next visit to Estes. MUST MUST try!!

Visited September 2012
4 Thank FaisalX

Lenexa, Kansas
“Gourmet Dining with 5 Star View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

When my husband and I arrived at the Appenzell after driving all day, we were delighted to find Strudel's Cafe within the hotel complex. The view was magnificent on the outdoor deck as we had our dinner. The service is not fast as they prepare the food to order. The meal was well worth the wait! The salmon was outstanding as was the frittata and French toast at breakfast. The whole wheat toast was even a special treat, as the meals had quality throughout. The restaurant is relaxed--just what we needed after a 10 hr drive. When the rest of the family came, we had 11 people. The asked us to call ahead for that large of a group, and that was a good idea. We ended up eating there three times and were never dissappointed.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank sabath67
New York City, New York
“Very good dinner in a relaxing chalet setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

After reading all of the reviews for local Estes Park Restaurants, my wife and I decided to try the onsite Strudel's Cafe (we were guests of the Appenzell Inn where the restaurant is located). I will admit that I was skeptical but my wife wanted to stay here as she very much liked the ambiance of the restaurant (bright, clean, Swiss chalet look) and wanted to just relax for the evening. She was right! The food was very good and the atmosphere was quiet and comfortable. We enjoyed talking to the owner as we sat, relaxed and enjoyed the views from the patio for about an hour and a half.

We started with an appetizer that I have never heard of before; Deep Fried Asparagus. It was fabulous. My wife then ordered the Gilled Salmon with grilled corn-on-the-cob. The entire meal was excellent and I helped her eat the corn (mmm). I ordered the Fish & Chips and it was certainly ok but nowhere near as good as my wife's salmon. We were quite satisfied and happy with our dinner experience and would eat here again even if we were not staying at the Inn.

We recommend that you give it a try for a less touristy, quieter, more relaxing meal (at a good value) than what you will get elsewhere in Estes Park.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank ChinaDuo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great breakfast in a Swiss setting. We can't wait to try dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

My wife an I tried this new restaurant for breakfast. We had a wonderful frittata with eggs, ham, imported Swiss cheese and potatoes. It was the best we've ever had? The setting is a small Swiss-style room centered on a beautiful fireplace. The owners are friendly and have a high expectation for quality food and a quality experience. We highly recommend Strudels.

2 Thank mbslanco