“Very good dinner in a relaxing chalet setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Strudel Cafe - CLOSED

Strudel Cafe
Cuisines: International
New York City, New York
“Very good dinner in a relaxing chalet setting”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

After reading all of the reviews for local Estes Park Restaurants, my wife and I decided to try the onsite Strudel's Cafe (we were guests of the Appenzell Inn where the restaurant is located). I will admit that I was skeptical but my wife wanted to stay here as she very much liked the ambiance of the restaurant (bright, clean, Swiss chalet look) and wanted to just relax for the evening. She was right! The food was very good and the atmosphere was quiet and comfortable. We enjoyed talking to the owner as we sat, relaxed and enjoyed the views from the patio for about an hour and a half.

We started with an appetizer that I have never heard of before; Deep Fried Asparagus. It was fabulous. My wife then ordered the Gilled Salmon with grilled corn-on-the-cob. The entire meal was excellent and I helped her eat the corn (mmm). I ordered the Fish & Chips and it was certainly ok but nowhere near as good as my wife's salmon. We were quite satisfied and happy with our dinner experience and would eat here again even if we were not staying at the Inn.

We recommend that you give it a try for a less touristy, quieter, more relaxing meal (at a good value) than what you will get elsewhere in Estes Park.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank ChinaDuo

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great breakfast in a Swiss setting. We can't wait to try dinner!”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My wife an I tried this new restaurant for breakfast. We had a wonderful frittata with eggs, ham, imported Swiss cheese and potatoes. It was the best we've ever had? The setting is a small Swiss-style room centered on a beautiful fireplace. The owners are friendly and have a high expectation for quality food and a quality experience. We highly recommend Strudels.

2 Thank mbslanco