“It was great!”

Streamside on Fall River
Sylvia, KS
“It was great!”
Reviewed February 26, 2009

We've been coming to Streamside since 1996. It is quiet, relaxing and we enjoy watching the wildlife. We appreciate the upgrades that have been done in the last year. My husband and I have found this a great place to vacation as there are no surprises with the accommodations. Visitors are closely watched and we consider this a safe place to spend quiet time. The river is so close and you can hear it running quietly. Good service.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed February 21, 2009

Our group of eight ladies shared 2 cabins which suited our needs perfectly. The kitchens are big enough to actually work around in and serve a meal at the big kitchen table. We were there for leisure but we definitely 'got down to business'. I'll explain. We are all avid quilters and enjoy getting together once a year in a mountain setting to just sit down and sew, laugh, and enjoy the camaraderie of a shared passion. Streamside on Fall River set up a great workroom for us and were always more than happy to help us with anything we needed. I think we all would enjoy staying at Streamside on Fall River with our own families when in Estes, but as a group of quilters, I know we will certainly be back next year if they'll have us!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Seattle
Reviewed January 8, 2009

Late check-in after our wedding was made easy for us. Very unobtrusive. The hot tub was a blast. It was too cold and windy to do much outside but it looked really pretty. Great honeymoon location.

Stayed December 2008
1 Thank drbolton
Colorado
Reviewed January 8, 2009

We stayed with Streamside over Christmas day and JUST LOVED IT! It was quiet, with snow and they had even set up our own Christmas tree for us. Our time will be forever cherished and hopefully repeated next year.

Julia

1 Thank KodiakColorado
Denver, CO

8 January, 2009
Reviewer: Tom Stuart
This has been my second Holiday vacation at Streamside on Fall River. In 2007 I was there over the Christmas holiday and this year, the weekend afterwards. I use my lucky #13 cabin to hunker down and enjoy some good hot chocolate during the evenings and spend my days just up the road in Rocky Mountain National Park taking pictures.

My little room #13 is perfect for me. It has a gas fireplace, a small kitchen, a covered deck and it's real quiet. The reserved parking spot just outside the door doesn't hurt either. I understand it's the smallest room at Streamside, but it's plenty big enough for two, so I'm just fine with all my stuff.

The staff is great. They know the area, and can make recommendations based on personal experience, not just by who is on the discount dining card. They even go so far as to solicit photographs from their guests and post a few to their web site. It makes it more of a family affair.

The price is comparable with most and it sure is better than the two hour drive I'd make up from Denver every day if I was to stay at home and still try to enjoy RMNP in the winter. Check it out!

1 Thank Cowboy_Tom
Cheyenne, WY
Reviewed January 3, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here over New Years Eve to have a nice relaxing getaway. Normally we stay at one of two other cabins on Fall River but both were booked, this was our first - and last - stay at Streamside. Firstly, they charge for half your stay when you make reservations, and keep a decent percentage if you cancel, even months in advance. We stayed in a 'romantic' cabin with a private hot tub. The room itself was on par with a Motel 6, with the addition of a gas fireplace. When we got in, the fireplace pilot was not on so we had to call management to come start it. They did come right away and we had no further problems that night. The hot tub was over chemically and rather old - the buttons didn't work quite right.

We spent the day relaxing in the room - or at least that was the intention. The maid knocked on the door at noonish (no surprise there) and we got more towels then she left. She was very polite. Then about 20 minutes later a hot tub guy knocked, asking to do maintenance and check the water on the hot tub. Normally I would assume this kind of thing should be done between guest stays. After he left we put the 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign out, which did absolutely no good whatsoever. 10 minutes after we put that sign up we got a knock on the door. I was pretty much agast, but whatever. I presume it was a manager or owner, wanted to check the fireplace and make an appointment with the plumber. All we wanted was to be left alone to nap and enjoy being away from home. He said the plumber should be there in about 30 minutes, and we agreed to wait up. He then returned in about 5 minutes, knocking again (and again ignoring the do not disturb sign) to check something while he was on the phone with the plumber. We informed him the fireplace had been working fine, just the pilot had gone out. So he left again. We waited up for a little over an hour, then fell asleep. I woke up to a severe pounding on the door - not a knocking mind you but extreme pounding - about an hour after we fell asleep. Pissed me off, so I didn't bother answering it. Sure enough, not 3 minutes later - the phone rang asking 'if it was ok' for the plumber to come in. I said we were sleeping so no, and we were not bothered again after that.

All in all, I felt more like I was in the way rather than being a paid guest. I have stayed in 3 other cabins in Estes Park and those by FAR are better than this one. Better atmosphere, friendlier staff, nicer view. This place is sadly ok if you don't want privacy or ambiance, but it is very overpriced and not at all worth the money with so many nicer places out there.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
FORT COLLINS
Reviewed December 21, 2008

We are regular visitors to Streamside. It has a quiet setting in the trees near the stream. Great privacy. Beautiful rooms with complete kitchens. Indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi's. Fireplaces in all the cabins. Often you see elk on the grounds. The location is only 3 or 4 minutes to town for eating and shopping and 10 minutes up the road to the Rocky Mt National Park. We will continue visiting Streamside as our first choice in Estes Park!!

1 Thank ORMONDBARSTOW