“Reasonable place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Spruce Lake RV Park
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Reasonable place”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Aug 1-2, 2013. This was our first stay in an RV ever, so at the time we had nothing to compare it to. But the location was perfect for exploring RMNP, and the annoyances other reviewers mention (overstuffed dumpster, crowded, etc.) didn't bother us much. In fact, one thing we really liked was that the sound from the stream in back created a soothing natural wash that helped us all sleep in our first couple of nights in the camper.

It does seem pricey after comparing it to some other places we tried along the way. But for these East Coast travelers, to be able to lift our eyes up and see mountains all around us was a real treat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael R
Jim B, Manager at Spruce Lake RV Park, responded to this review, September 28, 2014
glad you enjoyed your stay

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Silsbee, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed for the first and LAST TIME in July 2013......Huge Garbage bin stuffed full and stunk to high heavens!!!! Laundry was a rip off.....dryers were set on lowest they could be set on took 4 times to dry clothes and they were small loads...looked like people lived there Not on vacation....Office personnel not very friendly. Paid 60.00 a night.....rip off... stayed 2 nights...would of stayed one but they wouldn't refund for second night and there were vacant places. .My husband is handicapped and I told them this when I called to make reservations and they placed us way away from laundry and restroom....too far for him to walk...and there was vacant spots close to restroom and laundry both days we were there...We left and stayed gone the first day because of the garbage smell....Left early the second morning as fast as we could.....Not an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Don't Bother staying here....
6 Thank Rebecca G
Jim B, Manager at Spruce Lake RV Park, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I am sorry you had problems when you stayed in our park. You complained about the garbage smell, you are right, when the bins get 3/4 full we call waste management to come empty them. Most of the times they are there within a couple of hours. Twice this summer it took them 3 days, this was beyond our control. You mentioned that some sites looked like people lived there and were not on vacation. Our work campers do live here for the entire season. You accused us of setting the dryers to the lowest setting, these are set at the factory, drying times are determine by the size of the load you put in. You mentioned that we put your handicap husband so far from the restrooms that he couldn't use them, if you were that far from the restrooms how could you smell garbage that was in front of the restrooms? You rated our rooms and sleep quality poor, if you were in your own RV how is this our problem?

Again I am sorry for your problems, we have never claimed to be a Holiday Inn, we are a small country RV park.

Jim

Travelers are raving about these Estes Park hotels

Calhan, Colorado
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed at Spruce Lake RV Park for 3 nights Aug 10 - 13, 2013. I have stayed in 2 other parks in Estes Park and wanted to try out something new. The pictures were nice and the reviews were good for the most part. We travelled in a 32 ft motorhome and had a full size extended cab truck as there 5 adults and 1 dog in our group. Although the campsite was big enough to park the RV, there was no room for the truck without either hanging out on the park road or parking in an unoccupied campsite. After being told by camp ground personnel to "park here, park there, now you have to move it again", we had no choice but having to park halfway in the park road and were worried about getting clipped by another vehicle. I like the sites by the river but they only have electricy and water. The restrooms/shower facilities were clean. The pool was nice as was the hot tub. The staff was not outwardly rude but conveyed an uncaring attitude. One afternoon myself, my mother-in-law and my stepson (all adults) went for a swim and a soak in the hot tub. I noticed that an afternoon thunderstorm was moving in and mentioned to the others that we would have to leave the hot tub pretty soon. Just about then a campground employee stepped out of the office building, looked at us and jerked his thumb to gesture us to get out of the pool. I would have at least expected him to verbalize his request in a somewhat polite manner. There seems to be no consistency as to what they enforce and what they deem not so important. Here's and example: the campsites are sort of back to back. During our first night another RV pulled into the space behind us. The back of their RV as approx 2 feet into our site. Not a big deal. We even told them to tell the campground folks we did not care and there was no reason for them to move. After coming back to our trip into RMNP, the other campers told us that they were made to move anyways. Every morning starting about 9:30 the 'golf cart patrol' went through park and reminded everyone who was supposed to check out that day that they had till 11 to check out. Really! On the other hand, kids were running wild and using the bathrooms to hide creating a mess. No one seemed bothered by that.
I won't stay here again. Next time I go to Estes Park I will stay at the Manor RV Park (right next door) were the sites are grassy, the people are helpful without being obnoxious and the river sites have full hook-ups.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Ellen L
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed August 4, 2013

over priced for very cramped quarters, 200+ dogs, two muzzled for meaness, and a very pretty river. avoid space 65H as it is facing the front road. Our space 88 was one of the better ones. Location is conveniently located and walking distance from activities.

4 Thank mark k
I do take some exceptions to your comments. We are pet friendly and have a dog walk the full length of the river. I seriously doubt that there were 200+ dogs in the park, we only have 110 sites? You claim to have seen 2 with muzzles due to meanness , we control the breads that are allowed in the park to avoid the "mean" breeds. As far as being cramped, 98% of our sites are wide enough for an RV to be on one side and a car, carpet and picnic table to fill the other side. We are a campsite not a Walmart with unlimited parking.

I am sorry for your issues and your disappointed expectations, we are only a small RV park in the mountains of Colorado.
Marietta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Spruce Lake RV Resort. We had a campsite near the Big Thompson River (more of a stream at the campground - but still very nice). It was a convenient location to explore the Rocky Mountain National Park. The campground is very clean and the staff ware friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KathleenM222
Virgin, UT
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The website and reviews left me expecting something other than a flashback to an old comedic movie about a vacation road trip. That said, if you pay for the deluxe site they are wide and for someone with dogs (or kids) this almost works like a tiny yard. This place is humming with activity that I don't enjoy on a vacation. It's clean, I had a poor experience in their laundry, it couldn't be more convenient to RMNP, which is the whole point after all?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KathyL1956
I am sorry that we were not what you expected. We are family friendly and make every effort to have activities over the weekends. If this is not what you enjoy I would suggest that in the future when you make your reservations you ask about the park being family friendly and if they have activities.

We are not able to please everybody all of the time. Again, I am sorry for the fact that you did not enjoy yourself.
Houston
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I once again stayed here and it was as good as before. I do wish they would do some updating such as new paint etc... The WIFI is still slow and undependable and some of the staff act as though they would rather be somewhere else. Overall I would return again.

1 Thank dtkana
#44 of 78 in Estes Park
Riverview RV Park
Riverview RV Park
#2 of 5 in Loveland

Been to Spruce Lake RV Park? Share your experiences!