“Wonderful bartender and waitress we meet!”

The Estes Park Resort
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Northglenn, Colorado
“Wonderful bartender and waitress we meet!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed her for the first time. It is very beautiful with nice rooms. The best part of the stay was how William and Cassandra made us feel so welcome. They are husband and wife and work in the bar and restaurant. We could have talked to them all night. The resort is lucky to have them.

Room Tip: A plus to stay on lake side.
Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicole C, Front Office Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Rhonda629,

Thank you for being our guest and choosing to dine with us during your stay! I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time in Estes Park as well as the company of some of our wonderful staff members. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others!

We hope to host you again next time you are in Estes Park!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Checked in to the resort an it was absolutely beautiful. The room (King Lakeview) was well appointed and the view was incredible. The only problem was the front door would not close. That was a concern, so we were offered two choices, a queen suite next door, or a king room on the ground floor. Took the king room and was delighted, except there was no heat and the room was COLD. We then were offered a king jacuzzi suite, and it was amazing! The next morning, however, there was an issue regarding paint and other chemical fumes that required an evacuation of the entire resort. Again, the staff handled this quite well. We were put up in another facility, at no charge, and were able to complete our weekend. I cannot wait to go back to the Estes Park Resort and see what it has to offer when Murphy's Law is not in play!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris C
Chris C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others and for being so understanding in your travels with us. We certainly try our best to ensure that every guest room is perfect before anyone checks in but unfortunately there are some unpredictable things that happen. When these things do happen, as you experienced, we do everything we can to make sure our guests can still enjoy their stay and create fond memories here at The Estes Park Resort.

The painting issue that we encountered during your stay was one of those unpredictable occurrences. The safety and well being of our staff and guests was our number one priority, so we appreciate your cooperation during your stay.

We hope we will see you again soon!
Valrico, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here on New Year’s Eve 2013. The hotel had a dinner and a band playing to celebrate the New Year. Although we had a great time, there were many frustrating things that started even before we checked in.

The good:
-This is a beautiful property. It’s right on Lake Estes and has great views of the lake/mountains.
-Room was clean. There were also robes in the room, which was a nice touch. There is a coffee maker and a small fridge in the room.
-Our food quality at the dinner was good (although not great – more on this below)
-The band for the night – the Dennis Tobias Band – was A LOT of fun. Played a great mix of music that had everyone on the dance floor for the entire night.
-They did allow us to check in early, which was appreciated.

The bad:
-I had called inquiring about the plans for New Years Eve and ended up booking our room on the phone. I was told that I would get an email confirmation and that my credit card would be charged immediately. Within a week neither of these had occurred, so I called back since I was concerned if we actually had a reservation. I was told again that I would get an email confirmation and was given a confirmation number. I never did get the email confirmation.
-Upon check-in the rate I was being charged was higher than what I was quoted on the phone. Since I never did receive the email confirmation, I couldn’t prove the rate I was quoted. They did give us 2 drink tickets for that night, rather than adjust the rate, which was about the same $ for $. The reason I didn’t get the confirmation is he had mis-typed my last name in the email, although it was right everywhere else. They also had us down for 10 people for our dinner reservation, rather than 2. Not sure how that happened.
-We went to the pool/hot tub. The pool was so cold you couldn’t swim in it. The hot tub jets weren’t working. We did call and maintenance came, but it was ½ hour after our call and we were ready to get out by that time. After we got out and got back to the room we realized we reeked of chemical smell. My skin has been irritated since that day.
-I had requested a 7:30 reservation for dinner, which I also confirmed when we checked in. We got to dinner about 7:15 and we were told that they had us down for 7 and they weren’t sure if we were coming or not. Luckily they still had our table.
-We ordered our drinks shortly after sitting down. They didn’t come until roughly ½ hour later. We were told the bar was backed up- and it was for the entire night. It was at least a ½ hour wait after ordering a drink each time.
-We ordered our food shortly after we ordered our drinks. We did the price fix menu and I think the cost was $35 a piece – came with soup or salad, entrée and dessert. Unfortunately, everything came at once, including the drinks. The gal that brought our food nearly threw it on the table. My husband commented that he was surprised something didn’t end up in our lap. There were two servers at our table because of everything coming at once and a more senior server told our server to always bring the drinks first. She said she tried, but the bar was backed up. I asked if they typically bring the soup/salad as the same time as the entrée and was told no, but they were backed up. I understand being backed up, but this wasn’t a cheap meal and everything simply should be better orchestrated than this. This place does events and so they should know how to handle a large group. We noticed several other tables around us having the same issues.
-Our server brought our check after we asked. We noticed she charged us for the two drinks that we had given her the drink tickets for. We told her what the issue was and gave her the check back. The check came back uncorrected two additional times. It wasn’t until the fourth time we got the check that it was correct and this was after multiple times of explaining what was wrong.
-The walls at this hotel are paper thin. When we arrived we quickly realized that a child was staying the room next to us. He was running around and laughing, it sounded like he was right there in the room with us. We also were woke up by this the next morning.

Again, we had a great time, but there were a lot of minor annoyances that did impact our stay. This wasn’t a cheap stay - $185 for the room for one night (including tax) and $70 for the dinner (not including any drinks). For this price we simply expect a little more. The next morning I woke up and was thinking about breakfast and we decided to go offsite because I just dreaded what I knew would be more screw-ups. This place has some great potential, but they need to get it together. My husband & I both commented that we cannot imagine having any kind of event here given the things that went on with our easy one-night stay.

Will we return? Not likely. There are too many great places to stay in Colorado that don’t have the issues that we did here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SunAndBeachSeekers
Nicole C, Front Office Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
SunAndBeachSeekers,

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on your most recent visit. I am glad to see that there were a few things you did really enjoy about your stay. The Dennis-Tobias Band is absolutely wonderful and they play in the Waterfront Grille and Bar every Thursday night.

Our indoor pool - which is normally heated to 83 degrees - and our hot tub did run into some problems that evening. I believe that the reason the jets were not working was due to the water level. For safety reasons, the jets will not work if the water level is too low. Similarly the heating units will not function is there is not enough water in the system. Both of these issues have already been addressed by our maintenance team and will hopefully not cause any issues in the future.

It seems that many of the problems you encountered were due to the large volume of guests that evening - while this is no excuse for a poor experience, I would like to assure you that we learned a lot from this New Year's Eve. Due to the recent flooding and how slow business has been we did not expect the number of guests we had show up. Unfortunately, we were not as prepared as we would have liked to have been. I can assure you that next year will run much more smoothly and we will have many more people on staff to ensure that it does. I certainly appreciate your patience with us and your feedback. I have already shared your comments with the rest of my management team, who have already begun brainstorming for how to make this entire year better, simply based on that evening.

Thank you again for being our guest and taking the time to share with us the pros and cons of your experience - we appreciate all feedback and the opportunity to learn from it and grow. We certainly hope that you will allow us to prove ourselves to you again in the future.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 26, 2013

While a great hotel and great location --- I'm not sure I would label it a resort. They feature a full bar/restaurant, good meetings rooms and their hotel rooms are rustic. The front desk was always helpful and attentive.

The workout facility is limited --- but their is a great gym down the street (Rocky Mountain Health Club). If you enjoy walking --- they have a path that you can take around the lake which is right outside your window.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RanchGuy
RanchGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with others. I am sorry that you do not feel we live up to our name, but I am glad you did enjoy your stay with us otherwise. I hope you had a chance to take advantage of the path around the lake that you mentioned - it is a beautiful walk!

Thank you for being our guest - we hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Estes Park!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The Waterfront Grill itself is worth the trip. The food is great, and it’s nice to start or finish the meal with a drink on the terrace and maybe a walk around the lake. For the rooms, you get what you pay for. Although the suites are lovely (we were there for a wedding, so we got to see some), the lower-priced rooms lack the better views.

Room Tip: Although the suites are lovely, the lower-priced rooms lack the better views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnnaSophia06
Nicole C, Front Office Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Commines,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Estes Park and taking the time to share with other travelers. I am pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant so much! Hopefully you will be able to come back and see us again over summer - we usually have live music on Thursdays and Fridays and of course, Thursday is Ladies night year-round so we have drink and appetizer specials.

I am glad that you were able to see a few different rooms types - if ever you are interested in seeing a specific room, just stop by the desk and our dedicated Guest Services Representatives would be happy to show you any room type to help you make your lodging decision!

We look forward to exceeding your expectations again next time you are in Estes Park!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Estes for a summer wedding and wanted to book at a hotel that was mid-range in terms of accommodations and price. Estes Park resort was the right combo.

The hotel is well situated near town, but not right in the middle of the summer standstill traffic. Checking in was a breeze, staff was nice. Our room was comfortable and modern. We booked through Priceline, so I wasn't sure what we'd get and we ended up in a ground level room with a view of the parking lot. Considering we spent very little time hanging out in our room, and most of our stay hiking the Rockies or at wedding festivities, this wasn't a big deal for us. If you're looking to spend most of your time indoors (which would be insane... this area is gorgeous!), try to book a room with a view of the lake or the mountains.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms have terrible views, so try to get a lakefront room if you care about this.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jasminer81
Jasminer81,

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to recount your experience on TripAdvisor. It seems that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you were also able to enjoy the wedding festivities and experience some of the amazing outdoors that Estes Park has to offer.

As you've pointed out we do have a range of available views and rates within our hotel. Just as you experienced, when you're out and about in Rocky Mountain National Park during the day, the view from the room isn't as important, and deciding that allows you to save money for shopping, dining or other expeditions. For those who are less inclined to hike and more interested in a relaxation weekend, we offer in-room massage treatments as well as in our spa rooms. For those guests, the view might be more important since they may spend more time in their room.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with others. We hope to see you again next time you are in Estes Park!
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had booked to stay at EPR as part of a touring holiday but had to cancel as at the time of our intended visit, there was a ban on visitors entering into Estes Park.
The management/office staff of this hotel were fantastic. Despite what they and their families were going through, they offered THEIR sympathies to US for us having to cancel.
We got our money back straight away when they must have been up to their eyes in dealing with so many other customers. We expected - quite rightly - to have to wait a few weeks while they had other priorities. Clearly they have the customer at the heart of what they do no matter how dire the circumstances.
Special mention to Nicole, Front Office Manager, she was caring, efficient and sympathetic.
We will make every effort to ensure we stay at Estes Park Resort sometime in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole C, Front Office Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Lesley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others regarding your interactions with our staff. We are sorry that you had to cancel your trip and very glad to hear that you plan on allowing us to host your stay in the future. We certainly aim to provide personalized and customer-oriented service to all of our guests, so I am pleased that you were able to experience that.

If there is anything we can do for your before, during, or after your next stay, please contact us and any of our dedicated Guest Service Representatives would be happy to assist you.

We look forward to seeing you in Estes Park soon!