Front desk staff was welcoming and friendly at check-in. Lobby and dining area have a pleasant western-theme to them. The hotel is located on the shore of Lake Estes about 2 miles east of downtown and about 8 miles from the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park.
Our room was located on the lake side of the resort and room did have a balcony (shared) with two chairs. The room provided very nice views of the mountains and the lake. Room contained two beds (very comfortable), sitting chair & ottoman, HD TV, and business desk and chair. Bathroom contained the toilet and shower/tub combo. The sink was in the room parallel to, and next to, one of the beds. Of note, the sink height was the lowest I’ve experienced in a long-time. Wi-Fi available and it is free. Room also contained a microwave and refrigerator.
The room and public areas were well-kept and clean. An odd part of the resort are the huge dumpsters directly to the left of the lobby entrance (about 15 feet down) which were not only unsightly, but stunk! Surprised that the resort has not found a way to hide the dumpsters and eliminate the stench.
Large parking lot with ample free parking.
Overall experience was good, but cost of the room was high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Estes Park Resort! The only lodging available on Lake Estes, overlooking not only Lake Estes, but also the peaks of Rocky Mountain National Park. Our Full Service Convention Resort has been completely remodeled, every guest room and public area has the finest offerings you will find anywhere in the area! Our Grand Ballroom has the ability to host up to 150 people for your reception, and larger amounts for your corporate events. Our outdoor wedding ceremony site will provide the most scenic backdrop available anywhere in Colorado and provide you with years of memories! Our Waterfront Grille and Lounge offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, along with Room Service, and special events such as Ladies Night, every Thursday, and a beautiful Sunday Brunch from 10am-2pm every weekend. Experience the finest and most modern resort in the area, experience The Estes Park Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Estes Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel And Conference Center
- Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel Estes Park
- Lake Shore Hotel
- Lake Shore Estes Park