This place is by no means a luxury resort. We stayed for 5 days in late July. To start you are greeted at the entrance to the hotel with the smell of rotting garbage, as poor layout placed the garbage receptacles 30 yards from the front entrance. While the resort has a nice rustic charm and was clean, the rooms have paper thin walls and ceilings. So every sound your neighbor makes can be heard including every step they take above you. The girl at the front desk was always pleasant and greeted us when we came in, the young man there however never seemed to be able to look up from the computer screen to acknowledge us or even say hi. We stopped one morning for breakfast in the cafe there, one waitress on staff, who did not have a clue of what she was doing. After listening to her tell the table next to us numerous times I'll be right back and 5 min later show up with the forgotten item only to have forgotten something else and start the process over again. We began to worry. After 30 min since ordering we still never even received our coffee so we left . Needless to say we had planned on eating dinner there but after this decided against it. The resort seemed to be understaffed and the staff that was there definely were not trained. This is all a reflection of poor management and ownership. This resort is way overpriced for what it is. We will not be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Estes Park Resort! The only lodging available on Lake Estes, overlooking not only Lake Estes, but also the peaks of Rocky Mountain National Park. Our Full Service Convention Resort has been completely remodeled, every guest room and public area has the finest offerings you will find anywhere in the area! Our Grand Ballroom has the ability to host up to 150 people for your reception, and larger amounts for your corporate events. Our outdoor wedding ceremony site will provide the most scenic backdrop available anywhere in Colorado and provide you with years of memories! Our Waterfront Grille and Lounge offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, along with Room Service, and special events such as Ladies Night, every Thursday, and a beautiful Sunday Brunch from 10am-2pm every weekend. Experience the finest and most modern resort in the area, experience The Estes Park Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your The Estes Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel Estes Park
- Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel And Conference Center
- Lake Shore Hotel
- Lake Shore Estes Park