The Estes Park Resort
Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$219
$180
BestWestern.com
Peak To Peak Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$89
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$215
$190
QualityInn
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$160
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$135
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$138
Hotels.com
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$140
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
$309
  • Restaurant
All reviewslake viewwaterfront grilllakeside roomwalking pathfront desk staffindoor poolthird floorchose this placeking roomoff seasontwo night staybeautiful scenerydowntown areahot tubrocky mountainsbalconywedding
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Estes Park Resort is in a beautiful location overlooking Lake Estes and Longs Peak. I was planning a special weekend for my husband's 50th birthday and did my research on Trip Advisor. 95% of the reviews for this Resort were great and I loved the thought of having a room overlooking the lake. So I called the Resort directly to reserve a upper floor room King Suite with jacuzzi tub. I told the gal taking my reservation it was a special occassion and would really appreciate if my request for an upper floor was granted. I had made my reservation almost three months in advance. Unfortunately when we arrived, I was disappointed to learn we had a ground or garden level room, no opportunity to upgrade. I don't know how it is determined who gets the upper floor rooms, but perhaps you can charge an upgrade or premium rate for those rooms. Other than that, we very much enjoyed our time at the Resort. The bar staff was wonderful, especially James. The room lay out was fantastic and we very much enjoyed the fire place and jacuzzi tub! Would love to stay here in the Summer to take advantage of the beautiful deck and views of the lake. We will be back, perhaps next time we will get that upper floor room.

Room Tip: Upper floors have the best views but no guarantees you will receive one.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights at the Estes Park Resort while attending a wedding in April, which is shoulder season in the mountains. I was surprised at the $135 per night we were meant to pay for a basic room on the lower level of the building. But not as surprised by the strange room layout. The bathroom sink is not actually in the bathroom! This made for awkward mornings, trying to get ready for the day. The greatest disappointment beyond the high shoulder season price was the complete lack of service or ability by the staff. House keeping came late (2pm) leaving fewer towels then we'd started with. Trays from room service lined the hallway outside our room from morning until night. The front desk staff where in attentive at check in and check out. Our experience at the restaurant where we ate all of our meals was painful. I twice sent back my meal because it came to our table cold. I had to ask for ice for my orange juice that was too warm. When ordering a bottle of wine, our server was not old enough to actually bring it to our table. When the wine was brought, the server reached across another guests meal to pour a glass.

Overall, I would say that the establishment simply didn't care that we were there. As this seems to be a popular National Park with high attendance in the busy season, they must feel that they don't need to compete or work for patrons. I was let down by the service and the value of this "Resort". I won't be staying again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for being our guest! I am very sorry to hear we were unable to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us! The experience you have described is not the typical type of feedback we receive, so I would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to learn more - if you would be willing to call me, I would like to hear from you for some more specific information. Your perception is definately not the one we strive daily to achieve. We indeed do care about each and every guest who stays with us - and we take all feedback seriously. I will communicate with our Department Managers to do everything possible to learn from your information and we will be better because of it - Thank you for this opportunity!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

First and foremost the entire trip was awesome. But the folks at the Estes Park Resort were off the chain GREAT. James, Ilona, Kyle, Kari and those I may have forgotten the names. Service, food you name it all were A+.

The staff made our trip Five Star. We will be back and bring more friends. Can't say enough for all aspects of service and a good time. Big shout to Tobias and his Thursday night jam session.

Mr & Mrs Faulkner

Room Tip: You must get a lake view room
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We took a quick break to Estes this past weekend and chose this hotel so if the weather got snowy, we could at least swim indoors. We arrived on Friday to learn that the pool had been drained for reprinting, refilled on Friday and was colder than the Lake outside. It never got warm enough to use, so we used the jacuzzi, which was comfortable enough, given that the pool building itself was not very warm either. However, our room was comfortable and clean, and we enjoyed the views over the lake and the deck off our room. We had amazing hot stone couples massages...definitely check that out. Bar and restaurant were cozy even if the food was not not 5 stars. A little pricey for off season but being able to stroll around the Lake before sunset was great.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor...on the west end for great views and a little less traffic. We qualified for the senior discount, but it didn't make it much cheaper than the standard rate. Sorry that we didn't ask about the temperature of the pool...paying extra and not being able to use it was disappointing.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Hi Claire,
Thank you for being our guest! I am so sorry to hear the pool did not warm up quickly enough for you to enjoy it as planned! We took multiple steps to try and ensure this would not happen - but we apparantly did not achieve our goal for this area. Please accept my apology. We are one of the few hotels in Estes Park that has an indoor pool, and I can say with confidence it is now up to temperature and will not be a problem in the future. Thank you for your feedback, while we do not anticpate having to drain our pool again for quite some time - we will use your information to improve on this the next time it is required. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

What a wonderful hotel! So glad we chose this place to stay. Our room looked over the lake and had the chance to watch the local wildlife while sitting out on the deck. The staff was the best and we enjoyed the comfortable beds. WE WILL BE BACK! Thank you Estes Park Resort for making our trip to Estes very special.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view - you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family