“Great Views and Service”

The Estes Park Resort
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Estes Park Resort for a short "babymoon" weekend and had a great experience. The room had beautiful views of the lake and Rocky Mountain National Park. The rooms were not the fanciest I've ever had but were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and made us feel at home. The room and restaurant were slightly overpriced but my impression is that everything in Estes is a bit on the expensive side. I would defienately return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary at the Estes Park Resort. All I can say is it was OUTSTANDING! The rooms were excellent, the view was breathtaking, the location was perfect! All staff was attentive but I want to give a special THANK YOU to Kari and Camelo in the dining area and Josh and James in the Bar. The service,food and drinks were outstanding. If given the chance, have Camelo make your dessert a special one. Ask for his Bananas Foster or some kind of Strawberry Flambe. We had one of each, each night and all I can say is it was EXCELLENT! This was our first trip to Estes Park. The locals were very friendly.
Thank you, we will most definitely return.

Room Tip: Get a lake side view, totally gorgeous!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Hello;
Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to share your experience here with others! I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us - Our team has been working hard to make sure every single guest enjoys their time in Estes Park, and I am very happy to see we exceeded your expectations! I hope the next time you are in town, you will do us the honor of allowing us to serve your travel and dining needs again. Safe travels!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our visit to the Resort was an extended stay as we took care of some family business around New Year. Given the shoulder season, there were lots of cheaper places in Estes, but we wanted a solid place for our 6 day stay. So, we booked here.

Location - lovely. On the lake with decent views. (A caveat on views follows below).

Service at check-in. Wonderful Down home friendliness. And every request during our stay was met with eagerness and lightening action. Well done.

Lobby and facilities. The lobby is quaint, not huge. I found the bar to be really good. Nice service and good products. The restaurant less so - that has received a separate and not positive review on Tripadvisor. A games room is a great thing to have for families, and pool and gym were more than acceptable.

Rooms - very large, very clean. Modern. Overall, very good. With two small issues. If you book a room on the lower level, you will have no view, and little light. You'll save a few dollars, as we did, but plan to watch TV, because there is nothing to see out the window. Second, the vanity and mirror is not in the bathroom, but in the room itself. So, everyone will be watching you as you perform your morning ablutions. Not ideal. Very nice beds and pillows. Quiet. EXCELLENT free wifi.

Good and free parking. Ease of access to the town, nice coffee in the room.

It is a better than average hotel, but seals the deal by managing to attract and train staff that truly make you feel at home. That matters.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at this resort right before the Christmas holidays. It turned out to be a fantastic experience. My husband and I were celebrating our 24th Anniversary and they made sure that we had a wonderful time. This place is extremely clean and so comfortable in all aspects. We will be returning to this beautiful and friendly place.

Room Tip: We had a corner room with the jacuzzi tub and both rooms had fireplaces.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Hello Melanie,
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! I am very pleased to hear you had a positive experience while with us! I very much hope we have the pleasure of serving you - the next time you come to Estes Park!
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed at the resort in December for a wedding. Overall the resort is a very nice place.

I'll mention the bad before all the good. We had reserved a king room. When we checked in we were "upgraded" to a double queen "due to availability." We would have rather had the foldout couch for a place to sit than the extra bed. The hotel was mostly empty at this point, and the 20 or so people that checked in the next day mostly had king rooms. Two days into the stay the staff told us they could move us to a king room, but at that point we decided against it.

The beds were too soft for my wife and I. This isn't anyone's fault I guess, but it made sleeping uncomfortable. If you like soft beds, you'll love the beds they have. There were only three drawers to put clothes in and maybe four hangars in the closet. We had three adults in the room so this didn't help much.

The staff bent over backwards to help us with odd things. They called around to find a tailor for an emergency fix on a coat and helped with a couple other things. The food they make is amazing if a bit pricey. There isn't included breakfast, but as we all know the more you pay for a hotel room the less you get. I recommend the mac and cheese challenge, as it's an amazing penne pasta, but for a family or group since five adults didn't finish it.

The hot tub and pool were nice. We got a massage and were very pleased with it. There are many outdoor areas to sit and it looks like the hotel offers many water activities, so I would say the place would be amazing in the summer, but we were there when it was about zero degrees.

The wedding and reception was held here and it was great. It was nice having everything at the same place with a staff that was very helpful.

Room Tip: Get a king room with a mountain/lake view. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank racko71
Reviewed December 13, 2012

For the view and service, 5 stars. Amazing lakeside view, and everyone was so nice and helpful with making suggestions of where to hike. It also helped that because of the fire, they had to change dates and gave us a king suite with balcony view of the lake (amazing sunset view). Though the location is a bit far from central stores, we weren't there for stores... we drove to the park anyway to do trails or see other sites.

For the noise, 1 star. If you're too close to the reception area, you'll have to deal with noisy guests and the elevator traffic. We were on the end where the staircase was and the door constantly slamming shut or voices projecting up the stairwell was a big problem until I found my earplugs. Walls are thin.

For the comfort, 3 stars. We couldn't get the room to a good temp so we had to turn the heat on and window open. The pillows were all limp. Looked fluffy but had no firmness to them. For a renovated hotel, they need to get fluffier pillows. On that note, too, the hotel is newly renovated so it's very clean and modern. Huge plus.

I don't know why they had bad reviews because for the price we paid on http://Hotel.com, we most definitely will be coming back if we ever come back to Estes Park or RMNP. It's by far the best choice for that location. Hopefully they'll have better pillows, and we'll request a quieter room.

Room Tip: Avoid being by the stairwell or elevator. Somewhere in the middle with a lakeside view!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelSeeker22
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We drove in from Steamboat Springs through RMNP and decided to stay in Estes Park. Based on the hotel description and the specific room type described, 2 or 3rd floor balcony room we booked this hotel. The hotel was very nice and the staff was helpful and attentive. However the room was basically below ground with no balcony or view. Another surprise was no air conditioning on a slightly warm evening. It appeared on our bill that we were charged a lower rate based on the lesser room. Not the case. It took several phone calls and emails to finally get a $25 dollar credit approximately a month later. Nice hotel, but not worth the price charged for the downgraded room.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the balcony room....don't let them put you in the basement.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RichwithGirls

Hi Rich,
Thank you for allowing us to serve your travel needs while in Estes Park. We generally don't sell rooms based on the floor location - I am sorry to hear that somehow a miscommunication must have occurred. If you have the opportunity to reach out to me directly, I would love to learn the manner in which you made your reservation - so I may repair this opportunity for confusion.

We do have about 6 rooms which do not contain a/c, not uncommon for mountain resorts- however it obviously displeased you during your time with us - and for that, I sincerely apologize. I will work with our Front Office to not only ensure we check all booking sites to make sure miscommunications do not happen, but to also make sure upon our guest's arrivals - rooms are delivered as expected.
Thank you for your feedback, we will use it to make ourselves better!