“No Better Meeting Place”

The Estes Park Resort
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was the planning coordinator for a recent weekend meeting our organization held at The Estes Park Resort and only superlative comments can adequately describe our experience. The entire building has been tastefully renovated. It's location on the lake provides the best views in Estes Park. Chris Carey, the manager, was personally interested in making sure we had everything we needed. The Front Desk staff were friendly and efficient as were the banquet captains. The Events Coordinator went out of her way to accommodate our requests. At the conclusion of the weekend I asked all of our guests to fill out an anonymous evaluation form rating the food and the accommodations on a scale of 1-5 (with 5 being the highest). 63 of the 67 respondents rated their accommodations as a 5 with the other 4 giving it a 4. Food ratings were similar. We will definitely return for future meetings.

Room Tip: We occupied every sleeping room in the resort and did not have a single complaint.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Hi Betty,
Chris C here - Thank you for taking the time to share your Estes Park experience on this site, to let others know about how hard we work to satisfy all our guests! We strive to make every experience a positive one, and I am extremely happy to hear we met that goal for your group. I hope to soon hear from your group contact for next year, and to make next year's event even better than this year! I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed here one night beginning of October, 2012. The place was quiet, the view across the lake wonderful and the bartender makes a great martini. Rooms were very nice. If I had a minor quibble it is that there is no pricacy wall between balconies.

Would stay here again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank woodspinner

Greetings woodspinner-
We are very pleased you selected us to be your host during your recent visit to Estes Park - Thank you for allowing us to serve your travel needs, and for taking the time to share your experience here for others to read. I am happy to see you had a good stay with us - please know, that due to feedback from individuals such as you - we are looking into options to indeed separate the decks. I hope you will consider us the next time you come to the area!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel was just about perfect. My husband and I recently stayed here for three nights. We had actually only reserved two nights, but they were able to accommodate us when our plans changed. We didn't even have to change rooms. The bed was big and comfy and the bathroom was roomy. The counter with the sink was actually in the main room with the fridge nearby. The location and views were wonderful with easy parking. Pricing was comparable to other hotels in the area. The only thing that didn't work properly was the A/C, and that's a personal preference. We like it to be cold when we sleep, but the A/C wouldn't drop below 74. The clerk told us that maintenance was going around the day we left to remedy this problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MufeGwen
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this site with others, and an even bigger thank you for being our guest! I am very pleased to see we met your expectations, and you enjoyed your stay with us! I would like to let you know your feedback has been heard regarding the A/C - The A/C units installed in our guest rooms were designed to be "green/eco-friendly", eliminating the option of A/C when the outdoor temperature drops below 69 degrees - While this is green, perhaps it wasn't the best design for being hospitable to our guests - Please know that we have found a way to override this function, and our guest rooms now will be as cold as you would like! Please join us next time you come to Estes, and feel free to get your room as cold as you can. Thank you again for your feedback - Happy Travels!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed at The Estes Park Resort Sept. 20-23 2012 for our wedding that was in Rocky Mountain National Park. We had a king jacuzzi suite. Our first impression when we saw the hotel is that it appeared to be one of the nicest hotels in Estes Park. It is right on Lake Estes with a beautiful mountain view behind the lake. The place was clean and well taken care of. The Waterfront Grille was pretty good and the service there was good as well. The bar is connected to the restaurant. They had live music on Thursday night but no live music over the weekend. We were disappointed about that. We went to have a drink at the bar on a Friday night hoping to relax and listen to some music and is was almost like a morgue in there it was so quiet. Our king jacuzzi suite was very roomy and clean. There were 2 sink/vanity areas and 2 restrooms. The shower was roomy and had plenty of hot water. The sitting area in the living room was nice but we really could have used a coffee table in there. We ordered room service a couple of times and didnt have any place to set our food. There were 2 fireplaces in the suite. One in the living room and one in the bedroom. The one in the living room worked but the flames on it were very low and you couldnt really see it that well. The one in the bedroom worked when we first turned in on, then it quit working. We called the front desk at 830 at night and told them it was our wedding night and we would like to be able to use the fireplace. Within 30 minutes, they had someone there to fix it. He was at his house relaxing watching the game and he dropped what he was doing to fix our fireplace. We really appreciated it!!! The door to our closet came off the track and they fixed it very quickly as well. We were disappointed because we thought we would be getting a private balcony but instead ended up on the bottom floor with a patio. But actually, it ended up being fine. The description on the website says the king jacuzzi suites have a private balcony, but, none of the balconies are private. There are no walls seperating one room from another. That didnt bother us but if you really want a private balcony, you wont get that here. Overall, we loved The Estes Park Resort! If we go back to Estes Park, we will definately be staying here again!

Room Tip: If you want a lot of room, the King Jacuzzi Suite is for you. It's huge!. You could almost get l...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Lesa H-
Thank you for allowing us to serve your travel needs during your visit to Estes Park! I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us - I will research why the description shows a private balcony in that room type - while some of our rooms do have this feature, you are correct your whirlpool suite did not - yet, as this is a project we are considering doing in the near future due to feedback such as yours.
Thank you again for being our guest, I hope you can join us the next time you find yourself in Estes Park!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My recent stay at the Estes Park resort was an excellent experience. First of all the location is excellent. The only place to stay in Estes park that is on the lake. The quality of everything is top notch. It was recently renovated and not a thing was missed. The entire resort has a modern cabin feel. I had one of the standard rooms and it was nicer than many suites at other hotels I have stayed in in the past. Beautiful granite, cozy bed nice patio with a lake view. I was also impressed with the staff. They seemed well trained and very accommodating . I had some unexpected things I needed done for work and the manager offered to help me get some things scanned so i didn't have to waste my vacation time at a kinkos. The restaurant was also good. Food was great and the bar was a fun cozy place to have a glass of wine before bed. Overall I would highly recommend The Estes Park Resort for anyone wanting to visit Estes Park. I was not disappointed one bit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Hi ArielKristin,
Thank you for being our guest, and for taking the time to share your experience with others on this travelsite! I was very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope the next time you find yourself in the Estes Park area, you will join us again! Happy travels!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the Estes Park Resort on 9/12/12 - 9/16/12 and could not of had a better time. I was there for business during the week and leisure for the weekend. The second night i stayed the Resort was having a Re-Grand Opening Party and cordially invited me to attend and so i did. The had appetizers and drinks for all the patrons and also gave a nice speech, come to realize it appeared the new owners really care about the hotel and the town and have made great changes to the hotel. I stayed in room 214 which a king room with lake views and a great balcony. The rooms could not be more inviting, granite counter tops, new comfortable beds and linens, robes and over sized bath towels.
I was there for four nights and ended up eating at the Waterfront Grille 3 of the nights as it was the best food/price that i have experienced in Estes for the price, the other night i went to Wapiti on the main strip downtown which was second best. I will return with out a doubt and stay at this location, if you stayed prior to the renovation i recommend you stay again as i think you will be impressed with not only the hotel but the service. The only issue i had with the property was getting to my car in the evening as there was something staring at me (Elk see attached photo)... not a bad problem to have.

Hello AustenB,
I'm pleased to see you were able to join us during your stay for our Grand Re-Opening! As you hopefully noticed, the local turnout was great, and I hope you enjoyed your time with us as much as it sounds you enjoyed the rest of your stay! Next time you are in the area, we would love the honor of serving your travel needs. Thank you for being our guest, and for taking the time to share your experience here with others.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My son and I stayed at the Resort while vacationing in Colorado. The location was great, the room clean and comfortable. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful in planning our day. The view from the balcony in the evening was stunning. For the price, some kind of continental breakfast would have been nice. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking lake on third floor
1  Thank kwalker2690
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Hello KWalker,

Thank you very much for being our guest, and for taking the time to share your experience on this site with others! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. Our Front Desk staff is one of the best in the business, and I was especially pleased to hear of their success in assisting you to plan your day's events while in Estes.

Thank you again for staying with us, and I hope the next time you are in Estes Park, we can have the pleasure of serving your travel needs again.