“Best View in Estes Park”

The Estes Park Resort
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Best View in Estes Park”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My recent stay at the Estes Park resort was an excellent experience. First of all the location is excellent. The only place to stay in Estes park that is on the lake. The quality of everything is top notch. It was recently renovated and not a thing was missed. The entire resort has a modern cabin feel. I had one of the standard rooms and it was nicer than many suites at other hotels I have stayed in in the past. Beautiful granite, cozy bed nice patio with a lake view. I was also impressed with the staff. They seemed well trained and very accommodating . I had some unexpected things I needed done for work and the manager offered to help me get some things scanned so i didn't have to waste my vacation time at a kinkos. The restaurant was also good. Food was great and the bar was a fun cozy place to have a glass of wine before bed. Overall I would highly recommend The Estes Park Resort for anyone wanting to visit Estes Park. I was not disappointed one bit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hi ArielKristin,
Thank you for being our guest, and for taking the time to share your experience with others on this travelsite! I was very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope the next time you find yourself in the Estes Park area, you will join us again! Happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the Estes Park Resort on 9/12/12 - 9/16/12 and could not of had a better time. I was there for business during the week and leisure for the weekend. The second night i stayed the Resort was having a Re-Grand Opening Party and cordially invited me to attend and so i did. The had appetizers and drinks for all the patrons and also gave a nice speech, come to realize it appeared the new owners really care about the hotel and the town and have made great changes to the hotel. I stayed in room 214 which a king room with lake views and a great balcony. The rooms could not be more inviting, granite counter tops, new comfortable beds and linens, robes and over sized bath towels.
I was there for four nights and ended up eating at the Waterfront Grille 3 of the nights as it was the best food/price that i have experienced in Estes for the price, the other night i went to Wapiti on the main strip downtown which was second best. I will return with out a doubt and stay at this location, if you stayed prior to the renovation i recommend you stay again as i think you will be impressed with not only the hotel but the service. The only issue i had with the property was getting to my car in the evening as there was something staring at me (Elk see attached photo)... not a bad problem to have.

Hello AustenB,
I'm pleased to see you were able to join us during your stay for our Grand Re-Opening! As you hopefully noticed, the local turnout was great, and I hope you enjoyed your time with us as much as it sounds you enjoyed the rest of your stay! Next time you are in the area, we would love the honor of serving your travel needs. Thank you for being our guest, and for taking the time to share your experience here with others.
Mount Vernon, Indiana
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My son and I stayed at the Resort while vacationing in Colorado. The location was great, the room clean and comfortable. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful in planning our day. The view from the balcony in the evening was stunning. For the price, some kind of continental breakfast would have been nice. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking lake on third floor
1 Thank kwalker2690
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Hello KWalker,

Thank you very much for being our guest, and for taking the time to share your experience on this site with others! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. Our Front Desk staff is one of the best in the business, and I was especially pleased to hear of their success in assisting you to plan your day's events while in Estes.

Thank you again for staying with us, and I hope the next time you are in Estes Park, we can have the pleasure of serving your travel needs again.
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The reservation process should have been my first clue that this would be a disaster, however, shame on me.

Upon arrival there was no help from the car to the "hotel". When I asked for help the response was, "as soon as I can find someone, I'll see if they can help, we're kinda busy!". Room wasn't ready by 4 as promised, asked to speak to a manager, was told " there's no one here, just wait!". At 5:10, no manager, finally a room key, with no apology from anyone, I went into the room, no hangars, no room service guide, no amenities in the bathroom. At this point, there was nothing positive to be had and I knew it. Wedding party in the lodge, created a disturbance all night. I think what upsets me the most is that no one was there or cared to help me. This place is a joke! Run, run, run away!

Room Tip: Window shakers and old jacuzzi tubs with worn out finish.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank EscapesNM
Hello EscapesNM:
On behalf of Estes Park tourism, I would like to apologize that the majority of our establishments did not meet your expectations on your recent vist. I viewed your profile, and reviews following your trip to Estes, and unfortunately it appears you were generally disappointed on your trip to our town.
We value your feedback, and will use it to improve our products and services. I have spoken with our Front Office Manager, and our Executive Housekeeper, and while neither of them recall an instance where rooms were not ready by 3pm (our check time is indeed 4pm), it appears we dropped the ball on your visit. If you would be willing to reach out to speak with me directly at the resort, I would be happy to speak with you, and learn about the specifics of your visit with us. Again, please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused during your stay. I can say with confidence that your described stay was the exception, not the normal level of service you can expect at our resort.
Ottsville, PA
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was impressed and delighted when we checked in, lovely lobby, very welcoming. We specifically requested a room with a nice view (anything but a parking lot). We were told that the rooms have private balconies/decks - this is true but it is anything but private. It is merely a deck that runs the around the hotel; there are no barriers between rooms. This wasn't such a big deal, but when you are told each room has a balcony/deck, one would assume that it would have some type of deliniation. They advertise a happy hour with complimentary appetizers - never happened; chef was out or some such thing. The restaurant was EMPTY - we were the only guests that showed up. The room was of adequate size but the bathroom sink was not in the bathroom - it was in the main room - thought this was rather strange. When we ordered room service for breakfast, it was delivered promptly; no utensils; no place to set the plates down. Called room service and they came back with utensils but would have to look for a table; they sent up a waiter's tray; they did not have room service tables. We once again sat down to eat - no condiments, i.e., salt/pepper, etc. We were out for the day, returned about 5pm - housekeeping never came in. When I asked why, no reason. I will stop here...you get the general gist. Would we return? Perhaps with some improvements but overall, very pricey and not worth it......do more research.

Room Tip: The best view are the rooms next to the restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jacqcris
Hi CristiniJacque,

Thank you for being our guest!
I am sorry that you had the impression that we have private balconies, would you be willing to contact me directly at the hotel to let me know how you were misinformed? I am wondering if perhaps a travel website listed the balconies as private, when as you experienced, they are not. (By the way, separating them is something we are looking into based on feedback such as yours) We do have a happy hour in our lounge with discounted drink prices and complimentary appetizers Sundays thru Wednesdays - Did your stay take place during any of these dates? If so, I again apologize and will share this information with our kitchen and bar staff.
Thank you for your feedback, we will distribute it to all of our Department Managers in order to improve the quality of our products and services so that the stay you described is the exception, not the normal level of service a guest can expect to receive from us.
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Rooms were very roomy and nicely decorated, clean as well. Somewhat pricey. Restaurant is a different story, very unprofessionally run. Long waiting times and food mediocre. I would go again, just choose a different restaurant .

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Aussiebitz
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for being our guest- and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, however I also would like to apologize for any inconveneinces you experienced in our restaurant. I would love to hear some specifics we can take to improve ourselves. Thank you again for staying with us, I hope to hear from you soon.
Apache Junction, AZ
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our committe booked the grand ballroom for the EP class of '82 : 30th reunion. It was thee best place to have held this! The atmosphere is wonderful! Jamie in sales was so wonderful to work with and is very thorough on everything you could possible want or need. She was very helpful in taking us through the steps of planning!
We started with an appetizer that was fabulous! We had a wonderful buffet dinner (of which there are many items too choose for your group) ! We had picked the Prime rib, which was very good and also the stuffed salmon, great as well! Add to that garlic mashed potatoes and an asperagus/mushroom rosetti. And a nice big mixed green salad. It was all very good! The attention to detail was AWESOME from the get go, to the night of the event! The service was attentive, and the bartender (Cameron?) was a favorite visit:)
We had a dance floor and so much fun with our former classmate DJ'ing all our 80's tunes for us! So needless to say; it was alot of fun!
I would highly reccommend if you are planning an event in Estes, that you contact sales and book today!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hello to the Estes Class of '82:

It certainly did appear to me that your group was having a great time! Thank you so much for taking the time to share you experience with others on this site. We appreciate and value your business, and your opinion. I hope we see you the next time your class gets together!