“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
A TripAdvisor Member
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

From the moment we entered the reception area we could see this was going to be a lovely stay, with the stone, the floor to ceiling glass and solid timber frames. The setting on the lake is beautiful in any weather or time of year. Can't fault anything about this hotel apart from the noisy air conditioning in the rooms, which does affect your sleep hence the rating of sleep quality as average. The bar and restaurant area looking over the lake and the snow capped Rocky Mountains is outstanding. All staff very warm and welcoming.
The one big downside about this hotel is that we had to leave.
Would definately stay again and would recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Greetings!
Thank you for your kind words regarding our resort in Estes Park! We make every effort to exceed every guest expectation, and in this case I am please to see we appear to have met our goals! I hope the next time you are in town to see you again! Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The amazing view of the Rockies is second to the courteous staff and amazing Chef. Staff couldn't do enough to ensure our every need was being taken care of. And the food was to die for!! Chef Alan Long obviously has a passion for cooking. Meals in the restaurant, and the buffet service for my nephew's wedding were absolutely amazing. The wait staff and bartenders were friendly and eager to please. The event coordinator was attentive to the little things, resulting in a flawless wedding event.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hi Regina F,
Thank you for your kind words, and for allowing us the honor of serving your newphew's wedding neds. Your perception is correct, our staff does take great pride in our work, and we make every effort to exceed all guest's expectations - I am pleased to see we accomplished our goal during your visit with us. I hope if you are ever in the Estes Park area again, you will join us! Thank you for your feedback.
Leawood, Ks
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Event Coordinator, Meghan Beard and Chef, Alan Long will create a lasting memory for your event at The Estes Park Resort. Our rehearsal dinner couldn't have been better as the evening was flawless. From Meghan's attentive eye for detail and skill in putting her "long distance" clients at ease in assuring your event will be what you expect to Chef Long's talents in his kitchen presenting a five star culinary experience to you and your guests will always be remembered as the "kick off" to a wonderful wedding weekend.

Hi Kathy E,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us! I love your title - we are indeed a New Resort - and your stay was an example of the efforts we are making to ensure every experience with us is a positive one! I hope you can join us again the next time you find yourself near Estes Park!
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I bought a Groupon for this hotel and got a room with an amazingly beautiful view of the mountains, and overlooking a lake where there were several elk hanging around - it was wonderful! The rooms are a little odd - the bathroom only has a shower and toilet - the sink area is in the room next to the bed. I've not seen this before, so it seemed odd to me, but it really wasn't a big deal. Other than that I can only say good things about our time there - even though they were doing some remodeling, because even the men doing the work were super nice to us. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant one night and it was great, as was the service - although when we asked to charge our bill to our room, they didn't seem to be able to handle that, so we just paid it. It seems they need to get up to speed on a few things. The reason I am giving 4 stars stars is that it is old and needs some updating - hopefully the remodeling they are doing will take care of that. The location could not be more perfect - amazing views of the mountains, right on a lake, just a short drive to the cute little downtown area, and to Rocky Mountain National Park. There is a movie theater just up the street, as well as a few cafes, and a Safeway grocery store. I would definitely recommend this property, but I think the amount I paid with the Groupon (about half price) is all I'd be willing to pay to stay there - maybe after they update it I'll feel differently.

Room Tip: As for a room that faces west - toward the mountains and overlooking the lake. It is a spectacular...
1 Thank Songstad
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Hello Songstad-

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with others - we value your input, and appreciate you taking the time to write. Our renovations are complete! Every guest room and essentially every piece of lobby space has been complete renovated - we are essentially a brand new hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience you had as we completed these improvements - I hope the next time you find yourself in the Estes Park area, you will consider granting us the honor of serving your - so you may see the results of our efforts to make us the nicest hotel in Estes.
fort carson co
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I went to this resort on a singles treat with some of my friends. From the time I walked through the door until i left, every individual from the staff to other guests were courteous. The rooms were spacious and provided many amenities, not to mention the cleanliness from the ceiling to the floor. The food was great, very well prepared. I nor any of the 30 plus people from my group had any complaints about the resort other than having to leave. It was very scenic, well placed and a great visit. I do look forward to coming back in the future and once again partaking in yet another amazing stay at The Estes Park Resort.
- Tyler Walker

Room Tip: Most every room has an amazing view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings Tyler-
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with others! I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us! We indeed work very hard to ensure everyone has a great time while they are here, and I hope you can join us again in the future! Stay safe!
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2012

After researching the area, I chose the Estes Park Resort for it's location and amenities. I was not disappointed! I booked a fantastic suite w/ 2 fireplaces, a jacuzzi, and 2 decks overlooking a lake. The snow capped Rocky Mountains were just beyond the town. Breathtaking! I traveled there for 4 days before going to a conference in Denver. The staff at the Resort was so friendly. The ambience in the dining room at the Resort was warm and welcoming thanks to the ladies who waited on me. They were so helpful in suggesting places to see in the Rocky Mountains and in Estes Park! The huge windows in the dining room provided a great view of the lake and the mountains. I spoke w/ Chef Alan about his menu of gourmet creations, which was wonderful. Try the salmon w/ the crispy, fried spinach.
Early one morning, there were 5 elk on the shore of the lake right outside my deck! Visit the Stanley Hotel and take the "Ghost Tour". It was full of surprises. And, DO NOT MISS The Riverspointe SPA!! I had at least 4 spa treatments while I was in Estes Park, & why not? The staff were, again, very friendly and helpful. I was so relaxed, ready for my conference! Note that the Spa is tucked away on the river, just behind the main street of the town. Easy to find. The town is full of shops and restaurants, and worthy of several visits. Stop by the Visitor's Center on Elkhorn Ave. for more information.
P.S.- The Resort has a pool and a hot tub, which I didn't have a chance to check out. There are also facilities to do your laundry.
I will be returning to the Estes Park Resort!

Room Tip: I had a corner suite on the top floor. I would pick a room on that floor again. I think it's br...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 36BettyBoop
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Hello 36BettyBoop-

Thank you so very much for the very encouraging comments about our resort! We love to hear great experiences such as the one you had with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with others on this travel site.
One quick note I would like to add to your comments - The Riverspointe Spa you speak highly of in your review - now are partners of ours and we have opened a spa inside our hotel! Spa services are now available - in partnership with Riverspointe Spa - either in the privacy of your guest room, or in our brand new spa treatment rooms.
Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to being your host again the next time you find yourself in Estes!
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I had our wedding dinner in the Mezzanine last summer and could not have asked for more. Some of our guests stayed here and had a great experience. We did a buffet- the food was excellent. Great bar tender. We got to bring in our cake from a local Estes Park bakery. GREAT value for us!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank BHendrickson1
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Hello BHendrickson1;

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others on TripAdvisor. We strive to make every guest stay a memorable one and I am very pleased to see we met your expectations! We look forward to being your host the next time you make your way to Estes Park!