The Estes Park Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Columbine Inn(Estes Park)
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)
View Hotel
Blue Door Inn(Estes Park)
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)
View Hotel
All reviewslake viewwaterfront grilllakeside roomwalking pathfront desk staffindoor poolthird floorchose this placeking roomoff seasontwo night staybeautiful scenerydowntown areahot tubrocky mountainsbalconywedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Was there for 5 nights for workshop and conference. First fall snow but rooms were warm. Steak good, pasta so so from restaurant. Recommend book with Estes Park shuttle from Denver airport ground transportation instead cos it is a direct 1.5 hour without switching bus unlike with SuperShuttle.

• Stayed: October 2011
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Hi Cottgirl:

Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us. We also appreciate hearing information that can improve other traveler's experience with us on the way to our location from outside of Estes. I will share your opinion about the Estes Park shuttle from DIA instead of Super Shuttle- we want our guests to be comfortable not only once they arrive to stay with us, but to and from us as well.

I hope that next time you are in the Estes Park area, you will give us the pleasure of again being your hosts!

Reviewed October 20, 2011

I loved it so much and it was so beautiful I would not stay anywhere else. The room was the perfect size. When you step outside in the morning on to the balcony and see the view of the lake reflecting the mountains it is majestic. The restaurant was very good. the people at the front counter were very helpful every time I went there for a question. To wrap it up I would say loved it loved it loved it. I wish I knew how to attach picture for you.

• Stayed: October 2011

John S-

Thank you so much for your testament to our beautiful hotel, and the even more beautiful natural surroundings. We would humbly agree with you that we certainly do have the best views in town, and are more than happy to share it with anyone who would wish to stay with us! I hope someday you can return, and enjoy it again!

Safe travels!

Reviewed October 20, 2011

My husband & I had a 2 room suite with Jacuzz tub, sounded romantic. The views were awesome but the furnishings left a lot to be desired. The couch was worn and the 2 chairs in front of the fireplace were falling apart and had staples holding the cloth on. While they did trade them out it meant they put them in someone elses room. The pilot light was out on the fireplace which they relit. The resturaunt was good and the staff friendly. But if we would have wanted bargin basement furnishing we would have booked a bargain hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gz949

Hi GZ949-

I am very sorry to hear that your room furnishings did not meet your expectations. We agree with you.

The LakeShore Lodge has recently been purchased by a new ownership group, and has a new management team operating this beautiful hotel, in an amazing location! One of the first orders of business is to do a complete renovation of all of our guest rooms and public areas! This process is underway and is scheduled to be completed in the Spring of 2012- I hope next time you are in the Estes area, you will consider staying with us again to see all the new exciting changes we can provide under our new name "The Estes Park Resort"!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here recently and were incredibly impressed. The hotel sits on a really pretty lake in Estes Park with great views of the mountains. We actually had elk come right up to us in the parking lot which was SOOOOO COOL!!!! The staff was really nice and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The rates were very reasonable as well. All in all, a fabulous stay at Lakeshore Lodge and Estes Park, Colorado. I really look forward to next visit! :) Thanks!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview....totally worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Hi Todd,

As a former Minnesotan myself (Lakeville), I can appreciate the enjoyment I've had on Prior Lake. However as beautiful as Prior is, I tend to agree with you that the natural beauty that surrounds our soon to be named Estes Park Resort is one of the best locations in the nation. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope we can be your hosts again next time you are in the area!

Happy Travels!

Reviewed October 1, 2011

As the coordinator for a recent corporate event we held at Lakeshore Lodge, I am delighted to give the Lodge and it's staff an overwhelming vote of approval.

As I was in the midst of making plans for our event, I read a review of the lodge on TripAdvisor that was entitled "The Wedding From Hell". I immediately panicked as the names mentioned in that review were people at the Lodge that I was working with and it was too late for me to back out.

Thanks to Trevor, we had no accommodations snafus; Meghan had everything set up just as we requested; Anne was most accommodating in the dining room and Nicole and Krista who worked the front desk honored every request with patience and cheerfulness.

The only problem we encountered was a shortage of food for our Saturday dinner but Kory readily acknowledged the problem and adjusted our bill accordingly.

The "Weekend From Hell" that I so feared truly did turn out to be a very "Heavenly Weekend"

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms are most desirable; Garden level are least desirable.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Betty W

Hi Betty,

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your experience with us. We acknowledge that despite the best of intentions, planning, and organization - sometimes event don't go perfectly. But I promise you that our entire team (as you experienced) is top notch and extremely professional in our efforts to make every event an outstanding success! We strive to create an environment that will make lasting memories, and I hope that is just what happened during your event with us. I hope you can join us again!