My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights before going to the Lane Guest Ranch, we stay in Estes Park to get used to the Mt. air.
We had a king room on 3rd floor with a balcony. Overall very nice hotel, rooms were large, clean, nicely done. Service was excellent, very nice hotel staff from front desk to housekeeping. Food was way above avg. we had breakfast every morning @ hotel. Omlets were outstanding, lunch also excellent. Did not have dinner there.
The view from our room was worth the trip. On our first morning @ 6:00 AM, opened up drapes and saw a mom elk and baby calf drinking from Lake Estes, woke up my wife for this sight. Will remember that sight for the rest of our lives. In the evening we could see 100"s of trout jumping from the lake, feeding maybe 50 feet away, right from our balcony. The Estes Lake walking trail is right outside the door, people walking dogs of all kinds, joggers, etc, added a nice touch.
Overall an excellent place to stay. Only negitive points
1. Balcony is not priviate, it runs along the outside of hotel, but is connected to your room via patio doors.
2. Entire hotel could use an update, futniture old and worn, but clean, same for carpets.
3. Shuttle does not stop there, so getting to downtown area without car requires a taxi, only $10 dollars.
Best positive points
1. Staff, servers in resturant were great, on first name basis on first day.
2. Food was just outstanding
3. THE VIEW FROM THE ROOM!!!!!! Unforgetable, just unforgetable.
4. Nice resturant for dinner 3 min. walk thru parking lot.
As we already booked Lane Guest Ranch for next year in Aug. I believe we will stay here again for 3 days, this time staying in a corner suite with fireplace and hot tub in room, if possible the view appears to be even better, and balconies are private.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Estes Park Resort! The only lodging available on Lake Estes, overlooking not only Lake Estes, but also the peaks of Rocky Mountain National Park. Our Full Service Convention Resort has been completely remodeled, every guest room and public area has the finest offerings you will find anywhere in the area! Our Grand Ballroom has the ability to host up to 150 people for your reception, and larger amounts for your corporate events. Our outdoor wedding ceremony site will provide the most scenic backdrop available anywhere in Colorado and provide you with years of memories! Our Waterfront Grille and Lounge offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, along with Room Service, and special events such as Ladies Night, every Thursday, and a beautiful Sunday Brunch from 10am-2pm every weekend. Experience the finest and most modern resort in the area, experience The Estes Park Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Estes Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel And Conference Center
- Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel Estes Park
- Lake Shore Hotel
- Lake Shore Estes Park