Hotel Estes
Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$219
$180
BestWestern.com
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Peak To Peak Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$89
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$215
$190
QualityInn
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$259
$251
Travelocity
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$160
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$135
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$138
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$140
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
$309
  • Restaurant
All reviewsyogurtroom was cleanhard boiled eggslodge feelcontinental breakfastplayground equipmentpool and hot tubfree popcornwould stay here againgranola barsfire pitgreat view of the mountainsbooked this hotelkids loved the poolfamily roomqueen roommicrowave and fridge
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a motel. The rooms are adequate in size, the western décor fits, the view from the window is great. The washer&dryer in the service building came in handy. There's a pool and hot tub, closed when I stayed at the end of September. The breakfast is a bit Spartan, but your room is clean and comfortable.

1  Thank AngusMacTavish0
Hochstetler, Owner at Hotel Estes, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We love the mountain, pine furniture in the hotel rooms. It goes very well with the surrounding mountains. Our pool, as well as one of our hot tubs, is seasonal. However, we do have one hot tub that is open year round. We truly appreciate your input on the breakfast. Due to guest reviews like yours, we have expanded our breakfast offerings. Please feel free to email us if you have any suggestions for improvements at the property. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Typical gateway town motel room, decor is "rustic" but clean. Shower is adequately hot and pressurized. Could stand a bit more lighting in the bathroom and sink area. WiFi free and strong in my room and sufficiently fast for light browsing and video. Bed comfy. Breakfast is very bare bones, only toast/bagels/oatmeal/hardboiled eggs/fruit. Safeway aupermarket right down the street, as well as chains like McD and KFC. Pool outside, looked small and geared for the kids.

However, what really shines is the staff. I was present during the recent flooding and the staff not only kept us informed about the road conditions but moved quickly to attend to our comfort. We lost WiFi and telephone but the staff was able to arrange for alternative internet and voice connection at another property down the road. At checkout, they even knocked off 10% without any prompting. Would definitely stay again for the great service.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank huangj02

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We purchased Hotel Estes less than 2 years ago and have been making improvements as quickly as we are able to! If you have any specific suggestions, please feel free to email us. We truly appreciate guest input and choose our yearly improvements according to it. In addition, we recently added cereal and a few other items to the breakfast! Thank you for the kind compliments on the staff. The flood was a difficult time for everyone and we are glad that we were able to keep you informed through it! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We found out about the annual Scottish/Irish Festival about a month before the event and while trying to find accommodations we found most of the hotels in the area already booked solid. This hotel still had rooms available. I was quoted a price of $152 per night and told that if I cancelled there would be a $20 cancellation fee. If I cancelled within 3 days of the reservation, I would lose one nights stay that they immediately put on my charge account. To verify the dollar amount, I asked if I would cancel, would I receive a credit on my charge account of $132. I was told yes. When the e-mail confirmation came through, the price was $162 per night. I called back and was told the man that made the reservation wasn't there so my story couldn't be verified and that the price was $162 per night. This was the only place left so we kept the reservation even though I felt this was no way to do business. Had I not verified the $132 refund, I would have thought I had misunderstood.
The actual stay was disappointing as well. The place has been entirely redone with knotty pine over floors that squeak. The bed and pillows were too firm for me and actually gave me a head ache. The "maid service" didn't speak English. The drive way is asphalt running downhill over tree roots with few parking spaces. The "free breakfast" consisted of bread, pastries, cereal, hard boiled eggs (the first day) apples, and oranges. The second day, no cold hard boiled eggs. With these prices, I felt they should have had everything imaginable. I could not recommend this place and I certainly would never stay there again. A most disgusting experience.

2  Thank SelectiveSenior

We are sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our hotel is extremely reasonably priced, especially compared to other Estes Park hotels during the Scottish Festival. We have been working on improving Hotel Estes. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the bed. Our entire property has new beds and we do get numerous compliments about them. In addition, we do have ample parking. Even when our property is full, we always have additional parking spots available. Since your stay, we have added cereal and yogurt to the breakfast. We hope to improve it even more before next summer! We also added new carpet to additional rooms this Winter. When doing so, we tightened the floor boards and added extra padding, which should help with the sound. As for the staff, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. We went back through our records and we did not find a single reservation for that weekend that was at the rate of $162. Our rooms were at the rate of $150-$155, and we did not charge anyone a rate higher than that. The reason that your rate was higher when you received the conformation email, is that the total included the tax on the room. In the industry, room prices are typically quoted before the tax is added. If you do have the email, we would be more than happy to review it and to refund you if you were wrongly charged. However, we do appreciate your input and apologize about the confusion.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Estes in Estes Park, CO for two nights in September. We stayed in a king room for $91 (AARP rate). The bed was comfortable and the furniture was nice. We stayed in room 211 and had a great view of the mountains. They have a nice hot tub and pool but we did not get in either. The plumbing and floor was a bit noisy so get a room on the second floor. The breakfast did not start until 7:30 so we missed that on one morning. We were eager to get hiking early in the day. The breakfast has lots of pasties, donuts and boiled eggs. The staff very friendly.
After the first night, we put our belongings (a small overnight bag) in my SUV and went hiking. When we returned after a day of hiking, our key did not work. We went to the office, and they said they thought we left town so they checked us out. What? I wonder what would have happened if they had booked up before we returned.

4  Thank M J

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the property and the room! The rooms do have a very nice mountain feel, and 211 does have an amazing view of the continental divide. We have added additional items to our breakfast since your stay, including yogurt and cereal. We sincerely apologize about the confusion with the check-out date. We are not sure what happened, but are looking into the issue. If you have any additional input, please feel free to email us. We acquired Hotel Estes less than 2 years ago and have been making numerous improvements to the property. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel (motel exactly) has pro's and con's.

The pro's:
-very friendly staff
-good beds
-close to Rocky Mountain NP
-clean and spacious rooms

The con's:
-very dated rooms (carpet, bathroom, thin walls)
-breakfast is not much, very small breakfast area and not much to choose from

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linny-NL-09

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff, beds, location and room overall. We purchased Hotel Estes less than 2 years ago and have been working to improve the hotel. We replaced carpet in 15 additional rooms this winter and are working on other improvements as well! We have also improved the breakfast since your stay and now offer a larger variety of items such as yogurt and cereal. If you have any specific improvements that you would like to see at the hotel, please let us know! We truly value guest feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again at the hotel!