“Great place to drop your stuff”

Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed August 3, 2010

If you are looking for a place to leave your stuff and sleep while you are visiting Rocky Mountain National Park, this is it! It is not a hotel that you will want to hang around all day, but if you plan to spend your day at the park, this is a terrific hotel. It was one of the best maintained hotel of this class that I have ever stayed in. It was quiet, clean and provided a good breakfast. If I am ever in the area again, I would be happy to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn

Reviewed June 30, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights part way through a 3 week road trip. The staff on the front desk were welcoming. Our room was pleasant but a little dark. We certainly had enough space. The free breakfast was good and plentiful. Only a couple of minutes in the car to the middle of downtown, so very convenient location. Our room hadn't been serviced properly one day but the hotel dealt with it swiftly. Plenty of good restaurants in town

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I too like others almost passed on this hotel due to the price, but being right next to Rocky Mountain National Park probably had more to do with the price than anything. All I can suggest is to book a room ahead of time at the internet rate if you're able to plan far enough ahead (I got my room for around 125).

When I finally did arrive, I thought the exterior of the hotel, while clean, appeared to be less than my expatations. However, I was pleasently suprised by the room itself: nice fixtures, very clean and comfortable.

There were several nice restaurants close by; I chose Hunter's which I enjoyed and recommend if you're in the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank 37Geese
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I chose this hotel by driving by. Being inexperienced in the area, I was driving looking for a place to stay. After choosing one hotel, and finding out it was nearly $200 per night, I kept looking. Nothing impressed me. This place had a sign that explained that it had won the "Best of the Best" award several years, so I gave it a chance. It was kinda pricey, I thought, for a Best Western, but decided to look at the room before I complained. It was beautifully appointed, granite countertops, little mini kitchen area. flat screen TV, etc. I paid right at $150 for the night, but because of the location, all hotel rooms are expensive. We spent the next day at the Rocky Mountain National Park and ate at Dave's BBQ near the entrance, so we all had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank landlady67
Reviewed June 3, 2010

The staff at Silver Saddle were all very welcoming and helpful. Our room was spacious, clean and beautiful... steps above the 3-star hotel we had just left. The view was spectacular, easy access to everything in town and in the park. .. we were very happy, and the price was terrific, especially with the free hot breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JAP20_10
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I had not seen many reviews on this Best Western Silver Saddle, but since I have BW rewards I chose this place for a brief vacation. In all fairness a great deal and worth staying there again in the future. Good value for the money, clean and great staff. I had a 'suite' that had a rear patio and two separate rooms: one for the living space with couch, chair, TV, fridge, micro, and desk; the other was a large bedroom with sitting area and a door to the deck overlooking into the distance Rocky Mnt. NP. Only downside is the BW gratis breakfast, I recommended a more healthy and non pre-packaged foods. Other than that. Worth the stay. Give it a try.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fd450
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Cheerful staff made us feel welcome immediately as we were checking-in. Hotel has NEW furnishings, comfortable bed, warm ambiance, FREE Internet and FREE breakfast. We've stayed at several places in Estes Park - this is THE PLACE TO STAY.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple