“Don't stay Here !!!!”

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Illinois
“Don't stay Here !!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

Very very poor staff and management, I tryed to change rooms in the hotel because I paid extra for a view and the staff was no help at all, they tryed to get more money for a different room and even wanted to charge me more money for a standerd room. I tryed to get a refund to go to another hotel and the management said the charge is already on my credit card and they couldn't help me. No help at all !! The continental breakfast was very minimal and cheap stuff. The pool was closed. the hot tub was no good, have to go to office across parking lot every 15 min to have it turned back on, and closes at 9:pm. The bed was old and sagging they tryed to cover it with a thick mattress pad, which made it worse. Probably better off sleeping on the floor. When I got home after my vacation I called the hotel to speak with the manager about some of the problems with the staff and the hotel, He was not rude, but non responsive and could care less. DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL, THERE ARE PLENTY OF HOTEIS IN ESTES PARK!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
9 Thank mybike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Orlando
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2009

This was by far the most unaccommodating and unfriendly place my son and I have ever stayed. The rules were totally ridiculous and made us feel very unwelcome. I booked 4 months in advance and they took all my money the day I made the reservation, To top it off they charged me 25.00 because they said they could not find the ice bucket liner which we did not remove!!!! I recently talked two people at my school out of a stay there and luckily AAA got them out before they suffered. I will never stay at a Best Western though it was my first choice for many years. Best Western would do absolutley nothing for me when I complained about the unfair charge.

• Stayed June 2008
10 Thank PJoyD
Mammoth Lakes, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2008

We arrived late and without a reservation, but the lady at the front desk was SO friendly that we immediately felt right at home. She gave us several options for room size and amenities. The rest of our 3-week vacation was spent in B&B's so we were anticipating a much less pleasant night here, but to our surprise we were very, very comfortable.

The room was very large and very clean. We loved having a fireplace! We could not hear any road noise, and the staff continued to be accommodating to our schedule (we even got a late check out which was appreciated). We missed breakfast and did not use the pool, but if we ever need a low-cost night's sleep in Estes again, we will definitely be back!

• Liked — Entire experience was above our expectations
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather E
Westlake
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

WE had to cancel our stay due to hurricane gustav in Louisiana sept.11-13, manager was real rude & arrogant. we only gave 24 hour notice to cancel but hoped they would be understanding, I dont understand how this hotel could be the best of the best, with so much negativity against mangement. They only care about money no more Best Western for US

Stayed September 2008
11 Thank meldelwil
Brighton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

Our two night stay was wonderful! Our guest room was immaculate and has with either been recently rennovated or has been very well taken care of. The carpet was like new and the bathroom fixtures and granite counter sparkled. There were plenty of mirrors and outlets near the mirrors for use while the bathroom was occupied. The room, closet and bathroom were clean and spacious and the complimentary breakfast was well appointed and tasty. This hotel is well managed and cared for.

• Liked — cleanliness, spaciousness, complimentary breakfast, 100% smoke free
  • Disliked — no in-room safe
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2008

We were very pleasantly surprised by the Best Western Silver Saddle. From the outside it didn't look like anything special but on the inside the room was large and spotless. The tile in the bathroom absolutely sparkled. The room must have just been remodeled as everything looked brand new. I suspect we were given one of the nicest rooms as it was tucked in the corner with a private entrance. We planned to make reservations on AAA.com but when I tried to book it the next day the price was higher. We called the Best Western directly and were given an even lower rate than we saw on AAA. A nice breakfast was included with the room that consisted of waffles, eggs, bagels, pastry, cereal, fruit, juices, coffee, etc. We definitely would stay there again.

• Liked — extremely clean
  • Disliked — no complaints about anything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank CAL104
germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2008

When I returned back yesterday I found the diamond elite best western card for more then 30 stays at a best western motel during the recent month, so I know what I am writing about.
Yes, the silver saddle is above average in furniture and room installation, but it has a really poor service. Charging the entire rate several months in advance there was nothing prepared at the reception on our arrival, instead we were asked to present a photo ID, a credit card imprint and a driver licence, when I insisted, I was told that it would be necessary for identification, security etc. I refused and was urged to an ultimatum otherwise they would cancel the reservation.
Then the rules - read the other reviews, you feel like a prisoner.
Next morning at 8:30 ! there was no more bread at the breakfast area, more then ten people were standing and waiting for availabe
places, but it was strictly forbidden to take any item from this area and "service" ends promply at 9:30, from 8:00 on your room has to be available for housekeeping etc. etc. You feel fine staying in a accomodation like this??? Then the silver saddle may be your first choice.

• Liked — room installation
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank diamonseliteuser