“Great location and Friendly Staff”

Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Silver Saddle and were greeted by a very friendly staff. Our room faced the mountains and was large and clean. The breakfast buffet was the standard fare but offered slices of carrot bread which was excellent and I had not seen before.

If you stay in the colder months, be sure to turn the heat on early as it is baseboard heating and takes a while to get going!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our room was spotless, had a great view of the mountains, we had elk on the property when we got in one night, that was cool. The breakfast was hot and more options than a continental breakfast. All rooms also had a frig, sink and microwave. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 22love2travel
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Best Western Silver Saddle in March 2013. The staff was very friendly, the room was very nice and clean. Since we had 5 people and they gave us an unusually large room with 3 beds, 2 tvs, a desk, and 4 arm chairs, fridge, sink, and microwave. It was unique and a great set up! We enjoyed the hot tub. Again a nice and clean area. The breakfast is the only reason that I didn't give a 5 rating. The eggs tasted like day old, but there are some good choices. Definitely thankful they offer breakfast. We saw a huge herd of elk one of the mornings right by the parking lot. We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chantel H
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We always stay at the Best Western Silver Saddle when in Estes Park - most recent time December 2012 with my husband and 2 youngest sons (all on holiday from Australia).
Clean, comfortable, king size bed for my husband and myself (husband is 6ft so more "stretch room" for him). Friendly staff and something for everyone at breakfast (served between 7am and 9am). Lovely fireplace alight during the winter months. Near shopping area and atttractions but away from the more busier part of town. Can recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tinkermist
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is the second time that my wife and I have stayed at the Silver Saddle and I am still pleased with the accomodations. The rooms have been clean, the front desk friendly and the breakfast, while not the best that I have had was adequate and definitely helps with the budget. While the hotel is located on the main thoroughfare, I did not find the room to be noisy (I am a very light sleeper). This is a good base for day hiking Rocky Mountain National Park. A little too far out of town to walk, but still I would recommend for the relative value. All of the accomodations in Estes Park tend to be on the pricey side.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank denhoff45152
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at the Silver Saddle in October, 2012. Having hiked Colorado that week (all parts of the state), we arrived in Estes Park without reservations, hoping to find a reasonably priced hotel. We tried our luck at this little hotel, and were more than surprised. It appeared to be a mom/pop type hotel run by the actual owners. A definite family atmosphere was displayed by those who were part of the hotel team. I liked the quaint feeling of the lobby and front desk staff who were more than accommodating, even when I requested to see a room before we checked in. The rooms were clean, and comfortable, and as the lobby, quaint. We ended up staying three nights. The breakfast bar was run by a gal who made sure everything stayed fresh and filled. Again, the only word I can use to describe our breakfast each morning is quaint and homey.
Estes Park and the Rocky Mountain National Park is an amazing place to visit. Without a doubt when we return for another hiking adventure, we will plan to stay at the Best Western, Silver Saddle. I actually feel a part of their hotel family, and even got a Christmas card from them this year. Now how cool is that? It’s the small things, ya know?!
Thank you Silver Saddle! You guys are awesome!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SunshineSmiles276
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a delightful, reasonably priced motel. I got a king garden room which is huge and includes a couple nice chairs with ottoman for watching TV. There is also a desk, microwave, and mini fridge. Bed is very comfortable and even tho I saw their "no vacancy" sign didn't hear any noise from others. Outside my door is a gorgeous view of the Rockies. I tend to bring my own breakfast but did check it out. It's basic, no fruits and lots of signs indicating that food may not be taken from that room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends