All reviews spa suite fall river double shower partial kitchen one bedroom suite hot tub private porch back porch our honeymoon full kitchen running water living area national park bed was very comfortable road noise off season saw elk
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We recently stayed at Boulder Brook for a weekend and were disappointed with the room furnishings, level of cleanliness and quality of the construction of the facilities. We expected a lot more given other reviews, the website, and the cost. The outdoor hot tub had lots of floating debris and was cloudy. The shower curtain was moldy, paint was chipping off in all rooms, and furnishings were outdated and unattractive. Things generally didn't seem very clean. On the flip side, the staff was very friendly and the location is beautiful, though our cabin was closer to the road than we thought it would be and there was a good deal of road noise during the day.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
kcampbellbb, Owner at Boulder Brook on Fall River, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2010

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments! We have made significant improvements to the One Bedroom Suites during the winter and we have also provided additional training to our housekeeping staff to ensure that a higher standard is maintained in the future. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Kimberly Campbell

Reviewed August 1, 2009

We just returned from two nights at Boulder Brook Room #17 (July 30 and 31, 2009) and after reading the posted reviews here, I wonder if we stayed at the same place???!!! Two positive things to say about the room: first, we checked in a bit early and that is always nice; second, the air tub is wonderful. I can say the bed is comfortable. But the sitting room -- it is so very tired and dated. I truly must say that the furnishings were probably nice in 1990 but should have been replaced about 15 years ago. The futon bed/couch is broken down and uncomfortable to sit on; the finish on the small table for dining is completely worn away; the end table finish is bubbled. Do you get the idea? It is TIRED. Managment needs to spend some money to update and remodel. The carpet was very dirty, even told the front office about the stains on the carpet -- in general, a good deep cleaning is necessary. This is not a place I would return to nor recommend to friends. So sorry to say this as I had wanted to stay at Boulder Brook for a long time. Very disappointed in the quality of the accommodations. If you don't care about these sorts of things and can overlook them, the location is wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pmow

Dear Guest,

We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay at Boulder Brook. We appreciate your comments and have taken steps to remedy many of the things you were disappointed with.

We recently completed a renovation of the One Bedroom Suites including new paint, carpet and mini-blinds. We have also replaced the sofa-beds, coffee tables, dinette sets and many of the lamps.

My husband and I purchased the property in late 2008. We apologize that we hadn't updated the One Bedroom Suites prior to your stay in the summer of 2009.

Kimberly Campbell

Reviewed July 18, 2009

My husband and I were thrilled with our Spa Room at Boulder Brook. We actually stayed in 2 different rooms, both had great views and were very private. The room was beautifully furnished and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. We left feeling very relaxed and pampered.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at Boulder Brook for our honeymoon and we absolutely loved it. The first thing we noticed when we pulled in was how beautiful the property is. We also loved our room. We stayed in one of the spa suites, and the room was very nice. The room is very quiet. We never heard a peep from any of our neighbors, or any road noise. The only sound is the very faint sound of the river out the back door. The lady at the front desk (one of the owners) is very friendly and helpful. The location is also good. It is close to both the national park, and to downtown Estes Park. We stayed for six nights, and we wish we could have stayed longer. There are also lots of things to do at the hotel itself, when you just feel like relaxing. They have books, puzzles, and cable in the room, plus they have free movie/cd/board game's for check out at the front desk. In short, we loved Boulder Brook and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I stayed at Boulder Brook for 10 days and it was one of the most restful, pleasant places I have visited in a long time. The room was perfect, clean, spacious, and had the river right there to enjoy. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants peace and quiet and fun all wrapped into a wonderful vacation on Fall River.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo