“Fantastic lodging”

Boulder Brook on Fall River
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I bought a 2 night stay with a livingsocial deal. Sometimes these deals are hit and miss on quality but we felt we got more than we paid for on this lodge. We arrived late, after the office closed, but once we got to our cabin the lights were on and there was a welcome package on the table which included red wine, chocolates, a candle, and some local coupons.
The cabin is clearly built in the early 90s, however, it has been meticulously maintained. The king size bed was not comfortable but I tend to think no bed is as comfortable as mine at home. We had a bottom floor cabin which was right next to the outside jacuzzi and we had a beautiful view. A massive whirlpool tub easily fits 2 people or 4 children. The location was perfect, about 5 minutes from downtown. It is the last set of cabins going out of Estes Park so I felt the location was quiet and peaceful. Our parents came up from Denver and they loved it too. They made arrangements to stay for a weekend in April. I know originally people could pay up to $500 a weekend and I would say that it is not worth that price only because the towels are not up to par, the decor is older, and there are less amenities than 5-star locations. We paid under $200 total and it was totally worth it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at BB on FR several times! Our first time when we were dating, the second when we were engaged and the third was our wedding day! The suites are very roomy and comfortable. The views and the sounds of the river from the jet spa make all those every day stresses go away. Service is hands-on and friendly. We will be back at least twice a year!

Room Tip: Ask for BB 5 through BB 8. Backs to the river!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have stayed at the Boulder Brook five or six times and it's always a pleasure when we return. Our favorite memories are sitting on the back porch right at stream side. My wife will watch while I fly fish on Fall River. For us it's a perfect get away only an hour from our home. The rooms are well equipped and very clean. Over the years we have made friends with Linda at the front desk and we always look forward to catching up.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was our first time to visit Colorado and we absolutely loved the spa suite at Boulder Brook. The room had a gorgeous view of the trees and of the river, with the entire back of the suite being windows.There were even inner window blinds for privacy at night. There was a wonderful gas fireplace. They even provide extra soft blankets and a rug for lying in front of the fireplace. The spa is the largest one we have ever had, with plenty of room for 2 people to rest comfortably in. They provide everything you need, including iron, ironing board, portable fan, and a hair dryer. The kitchenette has everything you need to cook a meal, including utensils and silverware. The staff at Boulder Brook was exceptional, including the housekeeping staff. Linda, Debbie, and Kimberly were very professional and helpful with every need I had before and during our vacation. We honestly could not ask for a better experience.

Room Tip: The spa suites are wonderful because they are for couples only and no children are allowed in this a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We have stayed at Boulder Brook five times. Four times in the month of August for nearly two weeks at a time, and once in very early April. Each time has been a terrific experience. The owners, and Linda and Cam in the office, and the housekeeping staff are wonderful.

We always rent a suite with a full kitchen so we can cook meals and relax after a full day, and make lunches to pack with us. The fully equipped kitchens are great and we save a great deal of money. Last summer, our coffee pot cracked in the dishwasher. Literally before I hung up the phone, a new one was delivered to our room. Amazing.

Our family comes to RMNP from Maine for the hiking and climbing and photography the area offers. The location of BB is perfect. By vehicle, just minutes uphill to a Park entrance, and minutes downtown. My wife and I have taken early morning walks and jogs to downtown Estes. Bring your camera on the walks from BB , the wildlife is everywhere.

On past visits, Christopher, the owner, has given us tips on everything from the quickest way to drive to Dinosaur National Monument in Vernal Utah......it is a gorgeous drive and we were there before lunchtime.....to great local hikes. Christopher has summited the legendary Longs Peak, so if you have that epic feat in mind, be sure and ask him for ideas before you depart. This past summer, with major road construction to the more spectacular trailheads well underway, Christopher directed us to several beautiful local hikes that we had never heard of.

Until our latest trip in August 2012, I had always said that we have seen all the wildlife, except for moose and pika, outside our rooms at BB as we have seen in the Park. Despite extensive hiking, we have never seen a bear in the Park. This past August, we had a meandering and photogenic black bear visit BB. We still haven't seen a bear up in the mountains.

After camping in the Park for a few summers, and tired of getting drenched in the dinner time thunderstorms, we happened upon BB just by chance in an internet search when planning our next summer trip. Its been perfect for us.

We are planning our 2013 visits now.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fishnut5
Reviewed December 28, 2012

What a wonderful place for a getaway! My husband and I enjoyed every minute and the staff could not have been nicer! The location was very close to the entrance to RMNP and convenient to downtown Estes Park.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovesRMNP
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife, son (9 months old) and I checked in for a weekend getaway just before Christmas and I was met with a smile and exceptional hospitality by Linda. She provided me our keys and local information and when we arrived in our room we were very happy! the units all follow the river, are wonderfully laid out, have all the modern electronics (nice tv, dvd, etc.) and even though the road is nearby, with the windows closed I couldn't hear a thing.

I would not hesitate to book this again, in fact we will, and give it 6 thumbs up (me, my wife and son!).

Room Tip: we stayed in 11. great unit, would choose an inside unit vs. an end unit
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family