“Great food, great staff!”
Review of Stone Age BBQ - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Stone Age BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stopped by here after a day in the park, craving a BBQ sandwich. They have a great selection, including pulled pork, chicken, and turkey, with a wide variety of sauces. I was surprised to see North Carolina style BBQ sauce, but have it a try, so glad I did. The flavor was
Perfect. Fresh brioche buns and amazing fries and coleslaw compliment the meals. Our server was very friendly. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was hesitant to try this restaurant due to the cheesy name. I looked at the menu and decided to give it a try. What a jewel I found! The owner is the chef and he came out and spoke with each customer. It was early lunch time and I had the lamb burger and sweet potato fries. Not the kind of order I would expect to cause me such pleasure. Each item was superb. As I listened to others comments it sounded like every table was equally impressed. Service was excellent also. Don't miss this one.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

After tasting some of the previous meals in Estes Park we had low expectations for this one, but boy were we wrong, For appetizers, the deviled eggs and the jalapeño poppers were outstanding and started out our meal nicely. Next, we had the mammoth ribs and the brisket sandwich. Both of the dishes were sweet and smoky, and we're very filling. The sauces here are all amazing ( And I'm form the south) and the service is very friendly. Will definatly come back next time we are in town!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our family travels to Estes Park every summer to visit with Grandpa. Usually there is anywhere from 8-14 of us in our party so eating out is always a challenge. Last year we stumbled upon Stone Age BBQ and were completely surprised by the amazing homemade sauces and excellent meats. Two of my in laws actually bought the Jack Daniel's sauce to take home!

Upon our return this year this was all our group could talk about..."when are we going to Stone Age?". We went again on our last night there and it was better than remembered. Menu changed a little, but the staff was still as friendly and accommodating as ever and the owner/cook couldn't be more welcoming/ talented.

Thanks Stone Age! We'll see you next year :)

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Don't let the decor fool you (although the cute names for kids' meals made us smile), the food is great! After a long morning going through the mountains, the calm back porch under a big umbrella was a welcome break. We had excellent service and refills on our drinks were almost immediate. Try the fried okra--a little different and a little zing to it. There is even a large container of free bones for the pooches out the back door, so everyone is welcome!