“Spectacular views, exciting, and super staff!”
Review of Green Jeep Tours

Green Jeep Tours
Ranked #9 of 26 Tours in Estes Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jump in our custom Green Jeep, designed to be the ultimate tour vehicle. Equipped with removable canvas sides and top to provide unmatched panoramic viewing to truly take in all the beauty of the Rockies.
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took the tour up Old Fall River Road. It was more fun than we have had in a long time. Our guide/driver was Karen and she was spectacular. We saw lots of wildlife and the views were astounding. Karen made the trip interesting with facts about the territory and stopped for pictures at every request(which was allot)!! Well worth the money, best way to get to see the mountain and not have to drive. Thank You for a great trip Karen. Watch out for the marmots!

1  Thank Jennifer K
"beautiful scenery"
in 16 reviews
"bear lake"
in 5 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"awesome experience"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a great tour. We did the 5pm tour and it started raining. The tour guide knew lots about the Rocky Mountain National Park. The trail ridge road was closed due to the landslide from a few days prior. We went a different way. The views were amazing and the top of the mountain is super cold. Bring your extra layers. I would recommend this. It was great the Rocky Mountain Experience. For $65 for 3 hr tour they should offer water bottles and snacks to guests but they do not- bring your own. It was from 5-8pm. We were starving and cold after this. We went up the mountain slowly so you could acclimate to the elevation. I live in Austin, TX at 500 elevation. We went up to 12,000 elevation on the mountain. The tour guide went super fast down the mountain making me out for the rest of the night with Altitude sickness. Nausea and drinking water and going to bed early. The tour guides should ask where people are from and come down the mountain slowly or stop half way and let guests get their elevation bearing. Not everyone is used to the elevation change. The Green Jeep tours could also sell food and drinks for extra money. I would recommend but go up slowly and down slowly.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am so thankful that we did this tour. My daughter and I were here and she does not drive. I was going to drive the peak to peak highway but am so happy we chose this option instead. I would not have been able to see as much or enjoy it as much. Our guide, Karen was great fun and we enjoyed the extended family that went with us. They were great fun too. Take layers, drinks, and maybe snacks and rain gear. The jeeps are open so you have great views but you are at the mercy of the weather. Our weather was perfect!

2  Thank Karen E
Reviewed August 26, 2013

As first time visitors to Estes park and Rocky mountain national park we tried to do all we could do in 2 1/2 days. As our last full day approached we were tried but still felt like we were missing out on the whole Rocky Mountain experience. Then we found Green Jeep Tours and our experience was complete! Brent was our driver and gave us so much insight of the area and took us too many beautiful spots. We stopped and saw many Elk milling about; fantastic photo op! We highly recommend Brent from our experience as he has a great personality and is highly knowledgable of the area. We also wanted to point out the openness of the Jeep allows for peaceful sounds and the pine smells of nature that you will not get from an enclosed vehicle. Next visit we want to do the full day to Grand Lake. The drive on Trail ridge road was a bit to scary for us so next time we're going to let Brent do the driving and we will sit back and enjoy the view!

2  Thank Elainelzimmerman
See more reviews
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Bob was our guide. Let me tell you, Bob knows his stuff. He was very knowledgable and I learned quite a lot from him about Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, animals, everything. He was lucky enough to have me sit in front with him! :-) Lucky...or unlucky! :-) I have a tendency to talk a lot and ask a lot of questions. He may have wished one of the kids had set up front! :-) Bob took us to the Stanley Hotel first. The history of that hotel is outstanding. Stephen King actually stayed in one of the haunted rooms, and left after only 3 hours, as well as Jim Carrey (when they filmed Dumb and Dumber). The Stanley Hotel was not the location of the Shining, but it WAS the location of the Shining Mini-series. They wanted to film the Shining there, but they couldn't get Safeway out of the picture. Dumb and Dumber WAS filmed there though! :-)

Next we headed toward the park. Bob would take several pit stops along the way to explain things to us. Very interesting things. I won't share all the details here because you need to go yourself. Very worth it! We saw some Elk and Deer, I was hoping for a BigHorn Sheep, but I didn't get that lucky.

What I didn't realize is that we were going to the very top on Falls River Road. It is a one way road, that has no guard rail, is dirt and is VERY steep on one side. LONG WAY DOWN in other words. Very exciting! The kids weren't sure what to think! It made for a beautiful drive though! As we got closer to 13,000 it got colder and colder. We finally put the heat on in the cab....a lot of that had to do with the fact that I had given up my hoodie for the kids who were in the back of the jeep freezing though. They had jackets too...but it got chilly up there. Bob said the temperature at the top has NEVER gotten above 63 degrees....I think that was the number he gave me. We talked a little about lightning too and I was floored to find out that there are 22,000 lightning strikes up there a day! YIKES! So....if you see a storm rolling in and your up those mountains....RUN!

If you are anywhere near Estes Park, you must take this tour. Worth every penny! Be sure to like them on facebook here! Then head up the hill and check them out yourselves!

VISIT ESTES PARK! It won't let you down!
I PROMISE!