“Pleasant dinner”

Cafe de Pho-Thai
Ranked #25 of 129 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: New restaurant which has only been open for about two months
McLean, Virginia
“Pleasant dinner”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I had a pleasant dinner after my afternoon fly fishing in RMNP. We were greeted promptly and pleasantly. The server explained in detail after we asked about degree of spiciness of items we were selecting and how they could further adjust the degree of "heat" if necessary.

I had a green curry with chicken and rice and my wife had BBQ shrimp with crispy spring rolls and vermicelli with vegetables. The portions were generous-sized.

Pricing was reasonable. Service was very good.

We would return again if we come back to Estes Park.

1 Thank 227Michael

Newport, United Kingdom
“Great service but food is not the Thai I know of”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We are very familiar with Thai food and recently spent a month travelling in Thailand but the red curry we had in this restaurant was not the red curry we are familiar with. It's a variation of the red curry that's for sure. It had some extra ingredients in it that gave it a bizarre or unusual taste. It wasn't awfully by any means but just very different.
Tom Yum Koon was nice but a bit too warty for my liking.
Satay sauce had no peanuts in and was cold. It just seemed as if they mixed coconut milk with red curry sauce at the last minute it was more like soup than sauce.
The garlic chicken (as it reads on the menu) but I had it with beef was not garlicky at all and neither of us was sure if the meat was beef.
Overall we left the place a bit disappointed. Though, the service was great and the prices are very reasonable.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Musti S
Cleveland, OH
“Great Thai!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Probably our favorite restaurant in our week long vacation. Great service. Very hard to find.atmosphere average but delicious food.

1 Thank sjpCleveland_OH
Cincinnati, Ohio
“good thai but not so great Vietnamese”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The pad se ew was great! The pad thai was also good. The vietnamese noodle dish was not so good. The fried egg roll was terrible and all vegetables.

Visited July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“So-so”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife is an excellent Thai cook, and I have been to Thailand enough to think I have a fair idea of what the cuisine is like, and I was not terribly impressed with the meal here. We ordered 2 versions of Pad Thai...vegetarian and with chicken...and neither were really exceptional. There were no green onions, could not taste any sweet radish, no bean sprouts, minimal sauce/ground peanuts, and the tofu, chicken and egg were almost nowhere to be seen. It was 96% noodles. Perhaps we caught them on an off night, or perhaps Pad Thai is not their thing.