“Amazing Horseback Riding Experience”

Estes Park Outfitters - Day Tours
Ranked #11 of 26 Tours in Estes Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Summer horseback tours, fall hunting operation, winter snowcat tours, seasonal back country off-grid lodging
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My daughter and I visited Estes Park earlier this summer and wanted to experience horseback riding through the mountains. The 1/2 day trail ride with Tim absolutely made our vacation. We arrived at the ranch, enjoyed the breathtaking views, then rode an ATV out to the pasture to get our horses. Tim did a great job selecting the perfect horses for us - my daughter is an experience rider while I am not. The horses chosen were a perfect fit. From there we took off into the mountains. Much of the ride was 'off trail', crossing several streams along the way. We stopped for lunch on top of a huge rock overlooking the valley. When we got back neither of us wanted to leave. We'll definitely be back and recommend this experience to anyone visiting Estes!!

There are newer reviews for Estes Park Outfitters - Day Tours

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Unbelievable experience. .Tim is a fantastic host...teacher..and guide...making for an unforgettable 1/2 day ..In beautiful surroundings. ..and nd if you lack experience on a horse Tim is excellent with showing you how to ride..and helping make even your first ride bring big smiles!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have horses myself and love trail riding. My husband decided to surprise me with a trail ride during our vacation in Estes Park. Lucky for me husband did his homework and talked to Tim about what kind of a ride I would enjoy. So, he signed me up for the 1/2 day high Mtn. Ride. We met Tim, a couple of his buddies and my pal Hank the cow dog at Little Valley Rd. We arrives at the ranch led the horses to tie them up so they could eat, get saddled and tacked up. Right off the bat we rode upon a defensive injured coyote but no worries the horses did well and we stayed calm and rode on:)The ride was spectacular, the views breath taking and enough of a challenge to keep me excited. We stopped for lunch with the best view of the valley we had just ridden through and the twin peaks. Tim was gracious enough to take a few pic.'s of Decka my trusty steed and I with a picturesque background. Along with the beautiful scenery and the wonderful company, I was sad when my little adventure came to an end. Hats off and many thanks to Tim, His buddies and Hank the cow dog.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have know Tim for almost 20 years and have hunted with him at Ester Park Outtfitters numerous times. His hunting operation is first class. My wife shot her first elk with Tim standing at her side. A couple of weeks ago we when on a ride with Tim and I saw the area in the summertime rather than in winter. His horse operation and his knowledge of the area is great and has been in the area for many years and will give a first class day on horseback.

Les and Sherry Cavitt

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I recently did the 12 mile Friday ride and it was absolutely fantastic. The terrain was beautiful and rugged and required actually riding the horse (fun) instead of merely sitting on the horse (boring). The horses were extremely well trained, yet spirited, and were obviously well cared for both physically and mentally. Guide/owner Tim Resch was both knowledgeable and entertaining, with plenty of interesting stories to share.

So if you are a horse owner who's missing your equine friend or a former horse owner who needs a "fix", this is the ride for you!