“Exciting getaway with a welcoming spirit”

Estes Park Outfitters - Day Tours
Ranked #11 of 26 Tours in Estes Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Summer horseback tours, fall hunting operation, winter snowcat tours, seasonal back country off-grid lodging
Leesburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exciting getaway with a welcoming spirit”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

While vacationing in Estes Park I was fortunate enough to get the chance to experience a night at Estes Park Outfitters. The views were breathtaking, the accommodations were welcoming and beautiful, and the guides were knowledgeable and fun to be around. The meal prepared was better than I would find at many restaurants, even those in the DC area that I am accustomed to. During this trip I had the opportunity to look at the snow covered landscape of the forest, and later in the night was taken on a night tour through some of the forest area on the snow cat. If you have never been on one, this is a great first. On the expedition we spotted mountain lion tracks, fresh enough that snow had not yet time to even begin to cover the holes. After that fun ride we came back to the cabin to enjoy the fire, while enjoying cocktails and telling stories. A truly amazing experience, and one I hope to have again in the future. A big thank you to Tim and his crew.

Visited March 2014

“Real life wilderness and wonderment.”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We took the family snowcat your and it was awesome. The photos and scenery were spectacular. The log cabin made us all want to come back and stay. It's so worth it.

Currituck, North Carolina
“What to do in Estes Park”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I recently had my first visit to Estes Park & I am not a "snow girl" but wow, what a great time we had with Tim Resch on the Snowcat Tour! Perfect for people who want to see the beauty of the area without being totally exposed to the elements. Tim was the ultimate host & I can't wait to go back & enjoy his hospitality during summer months!

Westminster, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an experience!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Tim Resch is one of the most personable and fun loving chaperons in the west! He shares his knowledge and love of the Rocky Mountains with you! His stories are heartfelt, touching and funny. The snow cat tour was amazing! Definitely an experience for a bucket list.
See you this summer, Tim.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Stephanie C
Rochelle, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fantastic horseback riding”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I can not say enough on what a great time we had. If you are visiting in the Estes Park area of CO. and want to go horseback riding this is the place to go. The owner and our guide was, Tim Resch. He picked us up at an appointed area where we left our car and drove us up to the ranch. The horses were tied up and waiting for us. Tim saddle them up and the whole time he was doing this he talked to the horses and praised them and rubbed and petted them. I knew right then that this man loves his horses and that raised him to the top of my "great human being" list. All saddled up and away we went. My husband rode Dekka (not sure if I spelled that right) and I rode Phantom. Tim asked our riding experience which was limited for me and nill for my husband. We had the perfect horses.The rides are kept to a 4 person minimum, so this is a not your nose to tail trail riding. These are beautiful horses and they are very well behaved and cared for. We left early morning for our ride and the views of the mountains were stunning. We went up one side of the mountain and around it and then down. We stopped for a light snack at Homestead Meadows and got to explore the old homestead and area surrounding it. We went the second week of August and we were one of the last rides of the season with winter coming on. I can not say enough about Tim and his horses. Tim has a great web site, so check that out. estesparkoutfitters.com
I will definitely go back there again.

Visited August 2013