“homestead horseback ride”

Estes Park Outfitters - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Summer horseback tours, fall hunting operation, winter snowcat tours, seasonal back country off-grid lodging
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family of 4 did the 1/2 day homestead horseback ride with Tim. It was outstanding. Tim is a gracious tour guide/host, his horses are well trained and he knows the area very well. The beauty of the area on the ride is breathtaking. Tim keeps it small and personal. He is able to match the horse to the person riding based on experience and personality. He knows his horses and their personalities to a tee. The ride itself was relaxed and enjoyable and then to add to the pleasure, Tim gives a detailed history of the area, which adds to the experience. We rode through the national forest and stopped at a homestead where we were able to walk around and see the remains. We had a snack, talked more about the history, snapped a few pictures and then headed back up the trail. In every way, this ride was fantastic and if we come back to the area on vacation again, we will definitely do another ride.

3  Thank drsheila
"rocky mountains"
in 11 reviews
"beautiful trails"

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I ride my horses in endurance competitions in the Midwest so when I look for a horseback riding experience while on vacation I want two things: beautiful scenery and a responsive horse.

I found all of that and more with Estes Park Outfitters.

The moment you meet your guide, Tim Resch, his hearty enthusiasm draws you in and his sense of humor has you laughing before you get in the saddle.
Tim's well cared for horses respond to the lightest touch and take great care of you.
His knowledge of the trails and their history will delight you.
The mountains and the meadows do the rest of the enchanting.

Estes Park Outfitters provides a select group of well trained horses for a limited number of riders so you experience a unique equestrian adventure that will be treasured long after you've returned home.

2  Thank oville30
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have been on many trail horseback rides... this is DEFINITELY not your typical horseback ride. First of all (and this is COMPLETELY my fault not the outfitters) DO NOT try and meet Tim at his address... when I was scheduling our ride my phone was going in and out and I did not hear him tell us to meet at the bottom of Little Valley Drive. He drives you up to his ranch in his range rover and unless you have a truck that can handle the roughest of roads.... you will not make it... don't try it please :). Once we realized OUR mistake we met Tim and he drives up to his ranch... that in itself is an experience. My husband loved it.. i was a little worried... but Tim definitely knows what he is doing. On the way up Tim is telling you exactly how to handle his horses... this is where I knew this was going to be a different horse back ride than what I had ever experienced. you can tell Tim LOVES his horses. He wants to make sure that you are taking care of his animals. I don't remember ever having someone give me so many instructions regarding the care of the horses. It makes me wonder how many other trail horses are being abused on a daily basis by people that are just not knowledgeable about the animal. The ride itself was so much fun. These horses are not nose to tail horses... you are actually guiding them where you want to go. We even got to trot once in a while. The homestead was also nice... I wish we had time to see another though... that will be a return trip. If you have kids younger than 12 this is not the trip for you... In fact I think this horseback ride is much more suited for adults. When we go back to Estes Park we will definitely plan another trip with Estes park Outfitters.

5  Thank Lauralie023
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I rode with Tim Last week(7/10/2012) while visiting Estes, The ride was awesome the horses were great the secenery was breath taking. Tim is very freindly and knows his way around the mountain and knows alot of the history of the area also I highly recommend the ride with Tim you will have the time of your life!

1  Thank Kelly F
See more reviews
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I rode with Tim last week while in Estes and this was by far the best ride I've ever experienced. It was just the two of us and this really allowed him to explain to us the finer points of riding and the preferences of each horse. He took us through the trails in the national forest to an old homestead where we got to learn the history of the site. In addition, Tim pointed out grouse and wild turkey and took us to a spring where elk typically hang out. All in all it was an excellent trip. I really recommend this tour for folks that want something other than the usual mosey on boring trails.