“Morning tour”

Stanley Steam Car Museum
Ranked #49 of 75 things to do in Estes Park
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We took the 90 minute tour of the Stanley at 10 am. It included a lot of history and some ghost stories. We enjoyed this tour very much. The cost of the tour was $20/person.

4  Thank Pam T

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Over 15 years ago my husband and I visited the Stanley Hotel (Stephen King's inspiration for "The Shining") and I was so impressed that it was the first thing on my agenda for our return visit this past Thanksgiving weekend. This year's visit coincided with the Christmas season, so the lobby and public areas were decorated, and everything was more beautiful than usual. The ambiance is what brought me back. The old hotel is classy and even though I did not take an official tour this time, I enjoyed sitting by the fire in the lobby, and walking through the downstairs exhibit area. Although I have no ghost sightings to report, it is easy to feel an other-worldly atmosphere (especially at night). If you enjoy classic old hotels, and have an open mind, take a tour, and beware of the spirits,,,,

Reviewed June 26, 2013

And some supernatural sightings were seen by some of our family and friends while we toured the historic Stanley Hotel and Grounds. Some of us missed seeing the Ghosts, but we ALL saw the historic and grand steamers and history and 'The Shining' gifts.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The focus of your visit to this area should be Rocky Mountain National Park and then a visit to the Stanley Hotel which of course was the hotel filmed in "The Shining" in the 70's with Jack Nicholson. The Museum is on the bottom floor of the hotel and really is just a hallway of pictures and memorabilia. I would not really consider it a museum.

4  Thank Jennifer V
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Can't explain the feeling inside that museum. You have to experience it yourself. If you loved the movie the shining you'll love this museum.

1  Thank E F B