“Exellent Family Adventure!”
Review of Estes Angler

Estes Angler
More attraction details
Owner description: Estes Angler, Estes Park's only dedicated fly fishing Pro Shop and Guide Service, operating since 1993. We offer Guided Fly Fishing trips into Rocky Mountain National Park and the surrounding area. We offer a Full line Pro Shop with a courteous, knowledgable and helpful staff to assist you with your fly fishing in the area.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and my sister's family were in Estes Park mid-July 2013 and signed up with Estes Angler for a day of flyfishing in the RMNP. There were 7 of us and we had 3 guides (Trigg, Zach and Cody) - we split up once we got to the park and had a great day of fishing! The guides were patient with the new and novice flyfishers - and we thoroughly recommend Estes Angler for any family outing. We were on safe water and well attended to for the experience.

Thanks Estes Anglers!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I came to the shop to learn more about fly fishing in the area. The staff was extremely helpful in giving guidance about options and very detailed in information, which showed a real commitment to their patrons and good experiences for those who come to the shop for help. We were experienced fly fishers and did not utilize the guide service, and they were equally energized to serve us as those who were using guide services. This level of service and sharing of information is often missing at other fly shops where detailed information is hard to come by. My wife needed a new pair of waders and the skill and effort they made to find the waders that fit her well really impressed me. They reviewed the options and did not just try to sell what was already in the shop. They ordered the best pair and had it delivered the very next day so we could go fishing and did not charge any extra for that service. We found all we needed at this shop and very experienced, kind staff who go way beyond the norm. This will be our go to fly shop every time we are in the area.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family was visiting the Estes Park area and I knew I wanted to do something special on the day I turned 50, so I decided I would book a fishing guide to take me into the park to do some fly fishing. I have been a fly fisher for 20+ years and when I booked the trip I told them of my experience and that I was in good shape and wouldn't mind a hike. I was paired with Andrew, and as many of the reviews here commented, he was a great guide. He took me up to the Lake Mills area and we had 8 fantastic hours of fishing. Caught somewhere around 20+ fish including Brook, Rainbow and Cutbow. It was a beautiful day and I would do it all again. Ask for Andrew. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Grant and the guides at estes angler are good teachers and listen well. I always come away with a number of pearls from them. They are more than willing to share their knowledge with you. It's always a good experience with them. I highly recommend them whatever level of fisherperson you are

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our first fly fishing experience and Mike our guide made it a great one. Gorgeous day (can't give him credit) but the area we went was beautiful. He was an excellent and patient teacher. We each caught a couple trout but we have also fished enough to know you can't judge the experience on the number of fish caught. We learned enough that we would be comfortable going out ourselves on another trip (But would be happy to go guided by Mike again).

Been to Estes Angler? Share your experiences!