“Estes Angler - Good Folks & Good Fishing ...”
Review of Estes Angler

Estes Angler
More attraction details
Owner description: Estes Angler, Estes Park's only dedicated fly fishing Pro Shop and Guide Service, operating since 1993. We offer Guided Fly Fishing trips into Rocky Mountain National Park and the surrounding area. We offer a Full line Pro Shop with a courteous, knowledgable and helpful staff to assist you with your fly fishing in the area.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Before I headed out to Estes Park, CO I scoured the internet for some local fly fishing shops in the area where I could go out and experience Colorado fly fishing. Well, I'm glad I found Estes Angler. You can call or email owner Grant prior to your visit, and you will receive excellent customer service.

What about my experience?
I decided to book a 4 hour guided tour through Estes Angler. I didn't have a car on my trip, so they arranged for me to be picked up at my hotel. At 7:45 I got picked up by guide Jason, then we headed over to the shop to get our gear and finish paperwork. It was a seamless process, and I got suited up to head out to the river in no time. There are a great deal of fly fishing items you may buy at the shop, too. So, we headed to the Thompson River in Rocky Mountain National Park. I was taught the basics of fly fishing prior to walking through the woods to the river, and my guide was very helpful to this novice. The guide stayed with me the entire time, showing me where to fish, where to walk, which fly to use, etc. He was great! I actually caught 5 fish on our trip, and the first one was a 12 inch Brown Trout. I enjoyed every minute of it!

If you want a fly fishing experience with great customer service, CALL or EMAIL Grant at Estes Angler today. I promise you won't be disappointed with the end product!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Could not have asked for a better fly fishing experience than the one we had today. From the lesson received from Mike a couple of days ago to the booking and information received from Grant, to the day spent fly fishing on the river with our guide Chris, it was a completely perfect experience! Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the large Brown Trout my son caught with Chris later on Chris's blog. These folks clearly know what they are doing and explain things in a way that is easy to understand. Exceptional experience all the way around. Will definitely do business again-would never go anywhere else!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Everything about the Estes Angler is great. We knew we had gone to the right place when we walked in the door and met the owner. Not only is he professional and customer oriented, but he made us feel like we had known him for years. My husband and I had never been fly fishing, and the owner set us up with the best guide anyone could ask for. Andrew, our guide, took us to the national park and taught us so quickly. We were catching fish and learning all kinds of casts and so forth. He was excellent with a relaxed atmosphere and we recommend them for anyone wanting to learn to fly fish. We had a blast and We will be back.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a great fly shop and guide service that caters to all experience levels. My guide Andrew was outstanding and had me on the trout as soon as we reached the river. The staff at the shop was very helpful and they stocked everything you need to fly fish in the waters around Estes. I can not say enough nice things about these folks!!!

Highly recommended A+

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had been trying to learn to fly-fish for years on my own, with very little success. Once in a while, I'd get lucky. I finally decided I needed help. Grant was great help in deciding what I needed and setting everything up. I went out with Greg Harrington and knew right away that he was going to help me be successful. Within an hour, I realized most of the things I'd been doing wrong over the years. He stood next to me the entire day, showing me where to cast, how to cast, and when to just move on. He was completely professional and never stopped teaching me about the fish, the river, and my surroundings. I caught quite a few fish and had a great time, but more importantly, the next time I went up by myself, I knew I was going to catch fish and have a great time. I can't recommend Grant's shop, Estes Anglers, enough. I've even given my brother a gift certificate for his own guided trip with Greg so that we'll be able to go up together.