“Good Time”
Review of Estes Park Horseback - CLOSED

Estes Park Horseback
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you’re a regular rider or looking to enhance your Estes Park vacation with a true western horseback riding experience – you’ve come to the right place! We offer a personalized touch – customizing your Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park horseback rides and special ordering your livestock feed to meet your horse, chicken, or other livestock’s special needs.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Ride set for wife, daughter and two granddaughters. All was good. Nice ride with pleasant guide. If your looking for a mountain horse back ride for the inexperienced rider, then try Estes stables. I read some of the other reviews and must say, my experience was great.

2  Thank lonettraveler7

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had a Grouping I had purchased for 4 to ride for 3 hours in Estes. I was never able to et through on the phone to make reservations and when I went to Estes Park to speak with them directly they were so horribly rude I will never try to arrange a ride with this group no matter how awesome it might be.

6  Thank Nio457
Reviewed July 5, 2013

First of all, I'm not one to ever complain and I have very thick skin but I was incredibly taken aback by the Manager (and I use the term loosely).

When we arrived she was screaming at the employees and going off on a 5 year old temper tantrum. She was yelling that everyone was getting fired and cursing. This all took place in front of my 10 year old. NOT OK! They really do have great medication for that, FYI.

Our check-in experience was just as awkward. She wouldn't speak to us and pushed a waiver paper to us. No hello and was so snippy when I gave her our last name first rather than our first name. "I said first name!" She eventually left in a jeep, peeling out of the parking lot.

The good part was our wranglers and of course the horses, which is what we came for. The trail ride was beautiful and our wranglers were very professinal and sweet young people. I felt so sorry for them and how they were treated earlier but it was refreshing that they were able to shake it off and not let the poor attitude of the owner/manager ruin our experience.

The ride was supposed to be for an hour and we were asked to arrive 30 mins early. The actual ride is about 35 mins but it was a Groupon so I guess it's true to say you get what you pay for. It was to include hot chocolate that was never offered but a bottle of water would have been nice since it was pretty warm out.

Also, during the reservation I was told that we are only allowed to wear jeans and tennis shoes or riding boots but most of the other riders were in shorts and flip flops.

I would recommend going to a much nicer and classier ranch to ride horses and would never return to this run down establishment.

5  Thank Tdennis10
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was trying to get something for my husband n I to do so from grouping I seen it for horseback riding. We went to another horse stable down south n it was just ride in circles. I found this one so I thought we would try it. My husband looooves this place. You ride in the national park not in circles (on flat land) if u ever lived on or been to a working farm that's how elkhorn is rustic n real life. There is very very good wranglers Jessica, her husband n amber have been wonderful. The horses r great also.We have been there 4 times n will be more to come. The crazy biker n wife with pink hair. The Brooks Becky n Dennis

1  Thank Coloradosugar
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was the 2nd horseback ride we took our 7 y/o son on. After having had a bad experience in Leadville we were wary of doing this again, but were very happy we did. My son was originally given his own horse to ride, a smaller pony who was well behaved. I had requested that the guide keep our sons horse on lead the entire ride as in Leadville the guide refused. O'dells was more than accomodating with my request. About 1/2 way through the ride my son (who's on the smaller side) kept losing his footing in the stirrups. Our guide JT (and his partner Mallory) were very patient and helpful with our son. When I told JT my son was only 40 pounds he said he's light enough to ride double, and I told him my son would prefer that, which he did. So JT allowed him to ride on the lead horse with him while Mallory took the pony with her. Both guides were excellent and because of this experience my son has been begging us to go on another ride. JT helped our son get his confidence and excitement to ride back...We will ride with O'dells again. Our only dissapointment was that the ride doesn't actually go through RMNP. However the trails and views are beautiful of Estes, the lake and surrounding aread. The horses were well taken care of. The owner (I think it was the owner not sure) was a little short tempered during the intial organization of getting two different groups sorted out. But eventually it worked out and we had great horses, great wranglers and a great trip.

3  Thank Camper104