“Long wait!”
Review of Jackson Stables

Jackson Stables
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were told to be at the stables 20 mins before the scheduled ride. We were, and it was more than an hour before we left. It was a large group, one child screamed through most of the trip and his father yelled at him to quit GD crying. Not so much fun, but the view was beautiful. The hayride was fun too. The entertainment talked more than sang, but it was still fun cooking hot dogs over the fire. Wish you could schedule a private family ride.

2  Thank S M
"hayrides"
"scenery"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Did not stay at the Y, but rode horses at their stables, which are open to the public. The staff of young adults was excellent in every way. The wranglers were experienced riders and very skilled guides. They were very careful to explain HOW to ride and WHAT to expect in a helpful, pleasant manner. They were particularly patient and kind with an 8-year-old girl who was apprehensive. They were all very experienced with horses, friendly, were knowledgeable about wildlife and the mountains and even gave a good restaurant review! Could not have been a better experience!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We did a Family hayride and a 1 hour horseback ride on our family vacation on Colorado. The wagon hayride was so much fun for kids, they really enjoyed the ride, a little cowboy show and roasted marshmallows.
The one hour ride was amazing too. My 6 year olds have never been horseback riding and have always wanted to. So, I was a little worried, but our wrangler (Ray) was so nice and patient with my girls, and they made it just fine.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We did the 3 hour horseback ride on our family vacation on Colorado. I have never been horseback riding and have always wanted to. This was exactly what I was looking for! The 3 hour ride was beautiful, with varying terrain and scenic views. Our guide, Britney, was great with the horses and really helpful, as we were all first time riders. Thanks for a true horsebacking riding experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I did the 3h East Portal Ride. It was my 2nd time horse back riding and I had a wonderful experience! The group was quite big 12-15 people, however we had 3 guides at our convenience and they made sure we had fun while we stayed safe. It is the only stable in Estes Park with access to teh Roosevelt National Forest and the only one where you can do throtting!! Outstanding - it was so much fun and our closest guide Tylor did an amazing job keeping things upbeat, informational and fun! Their horses were perfectly trained and upkept in a great condition - impressive. You could tell the staff truly enjoyed what they were doing and this made it an enjoyable experience for us too. Thank you! We will certainly be back!!