WINNER WONDERLAND

Jackson Stables
Denver, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful views, knowlegeable wranglers and fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I did the 3h East Portal Ride. It was my 2nd time horse back riding and I had a wonderful experience! The group was quite big 12-15 people, however we had 3 guides at our convenience and they made sure we had fun while we stayed safe. It is the only stable in Estes Park with access to teh Roosevelt National Forest and the only one where you can do throtting!! Outstanding - it was so much fun and our closest guide Tylor did an amazing job keeping things upbeat, informational and fun! Their horses were perfectly trained and upkept in a great condition - impressive. You could tell the staff truly enjoyed what they were doing and this made it an enjoyable experience for us too. Thank you! We will certainly be back!!

Visited June 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great ride, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I took the 1 hr ride with my 10yo who has had riding lessons in the past. The guide, Erik, was friendly and safety conscious. The staff members who choose your horse and get you set up were helpful and efficient, and ready to answer questions and assist novice riders. Helmets are available, but not required. Then there's the scenery... what a great way to take a hike through the mountains!

Visited May 2013
Columbia, MO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great time, beautiful views, excellent guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We went on a 2 hour ride around Moraine Park. The weather for our stay was unfortunately windy (40 MPH gusts!!) so it was a bit cold, but it was worth it nonetheless, and the horse's body kept my legs surprisingly warm!

The above factors, and the fact that it was a 2 hour ride seemed to deter more people, so there was just one other couple on this ride with us. This made it more personal as we had 2 guides.

The guides were very professional and made sure everyone stayed safe. The horses were all very calm and well-behaved. My husband, who had never ridden a horse before, felt very safe and found it easy to direct his horse when it wandered to eat some grass.

We went down a steep trail along a very steep ridge, but the horses must do it all the time and were perfectly fine. Nonetheless, this ride is not for the faint of heart!! They have other trails that are easier/flatter, but we were up for the challenge. They've also go 3, 4 and 8 hour trips. Next time we'll probably go for a much longer one because it was so much fun.

It's also important for you to know that unless you are a regular rider, you are going to be SORE after anything more than an hour ride. I take weekly lessons at home and my legs were still jelly when we got done. I think it's a perfectly fine trade-off ;)

It was a blast!

Visited May 2013
Rawlins, Wyoming
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“fun ride with family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Did the hour ride as we have smaller kids. The wranglers were helpful and pleasant. Scenery was nice. Ran about $38 per person. Kids really had a good time

Visited April 2013
Boulder, Colorado
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Closed Nov through March. heads Up!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Thought we would add horseback riding to our list while staying at the YMCA. Not with Jackson, they were closed. This was not clear in the cabin handbook, took a call to the winter number for the stables to figure it out. Maybe next time.

Visited February 2013