“Enriching experience expanding my view of nature and RMNP”

Yellow Wood Guiding
Ranked #6 of 26 Tours in Estes Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private customized Wildlife, Photo, and Nature Tours in Rocky Mountain National Park. Visit our website or email to book your Safari. Tours are limited to 4 guests, in a covered vehicle. Each guest is provided the best binoculars and camera gear available, coupled with the outstanding knowledge our guide offers. See more scenery, more wildlife, and take better pictures during your trip. No other guide service in Rocky can offer a better private customized experience.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Jared is very personable, knowledgeable and professional. Also, I might add flexible. Since the Trail Ridge Road was being shut down earlier than planned we modified our wildlife safari to other parts of the Rocky Mountain National Park. Since usually I am the driver it was nice to have someone else drive so I could take in the scenery and wildlife. We learned a great deal about the wildlife, particularly the Elk, Bighorn Sheep and Moose. We also had the opportunity to see and photograph a pair of White-tailed Ptarmigan, which I understand are quite rare.

We went on the tour early on our trip which was a great idea since it enhanced the rest of the trip. Jared gave us some ideas for hikes later in the week which turned out to be great suggestions. Having a personal guide is the way to go.

2  Thank Mark F

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Jared is a great instructor. Our day started with sunrise photos @Sprague Lake and continued to Aspen forest, snow capped mountains, wild turkeys, elk and coyote pups! We chose to go on a 6 hour tour combing nature and photography. The information regarding getting the photo I wanted, plus short cuts for using my equipment will serve me well as I continue with my hobby. We also learned about the animals and plants in Rocky Mountain National Park, and the history of Estes Park as Jared drove us to each photography site. Being a passenger allowed my husband and I to see the sights. BTW, Jared is a very good driver and we felt safe @ all times. Time and money well spent.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Yes ... it's definitely $$$ well spent. My husband and I went with Jared on an early morning trek through the park to look for wildlife and learn more about RMNP. The weather didn't realize it was actually the beginning of summer as it spit sleet and snow, with winds blowing non-stop around 30-40 MPH. Our first stop was Sprague Lake on a moose hunt - alas, no moose, but learned a lot about them and many other animals found in the park. We saw lots of elk, deer, and bird life ... and yes, we finally saw moose - in Sheeps Lake Valley (not the normal location). Jared was very knowledgeable and shared his insights into the ecology of the RMNP environment. He had binoculars, spotting scopes, water, snacks ... everything you could need. He also offered lots of stops for restroom facilities, if needed. We are nature nerds, but Jared taught us even more ... now we're super nature nerds! Take a trip with Jared, you'll be glad you did.

2  Thank Robin S
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Wow!!!! Is all I could say!
Jared was an awesome guide he knew exactly where to find the wildlife something that would have taken my wife and me several days to locate. In addition it was the most spectacular snow fall they had in six years a virtual winter wonderland. Not only did know about the wildlife he also knew a ton of information about the park and surrounding areas. The main reason I went was to learn more about my camera and boy did I learn technics I didn’t know my camera could do. If you want to have a wonderful experience shooting wildlife and the beautiful Rocky Mountain Jared is your man
Nelson Torres
PS I will do this again

1  Thank nelson t
Reviewed April 18, 2013

And we were not let down. Jared was the perfect guide for 4 women with no experience! Amazing trip.He picked us up and the fun began! We were able to see every type of wildlife that you can see in the park this time of year. Would highly recommend

1  Thank Jennifer N

Been to Yellow Wood Guiding? Share your experiences!