“Worth every penny!!!!!”

Yellow Wood Guiding
Ranked #6 of 26 Tours in Estes Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private customized Wildlife, Photo, and Nature Tours in Rocky Mountain National Park. Visit our website or email to book your Safari. Tours are limited to 4 guests, in a covered vehicle. Each guest is provided the best binoculars and camera gear available, coupled with the outstanding knowledge our guide offers. See more scenery, more wildlife, and take better pictures during your trip. No other guide service in Rocky can offer a better private customized experience.
West Haven, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth every penny!!!!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I took a private 4 hour tour. The guide knew all the best places to view wildlife. This is the only way to see Trail Ridge Road! We saw sheep, elk, beavers, pica and deer.Our pictures are amazing! Carolyn & Ray Barbaresi, CT

Chathill
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Tour!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I (on a touring vacation from the United Kingdom) comprised a party of two who undertook a four hour wildlife tour with Jared, commencing at 3 pm. He proved to be a knowlegable and enthusiastic guide who took time and trouble to show us a variety of animals (including elk, mountain sheep and beaver) and birds in different areas of RMNP. He provided us with an insight into the nature of the park and the ecosystems within it. We saw and learned a lot during a very enjoyable four hours with Jared. In short - a great tour and highly recommended.

Visited October 2012
Cameron, Texas
“Wildlife tour of a lifetime”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had never been to RMNP before and wanted to hear wild elk bugling and observe rutting behavior. Wow! More than could expected. Jared knew where and when to go and explained in detail what was happening and could predict what was about to happen. We saw much more than elk and were very impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of Jared. Flora and fauna alike, any question was answered fully. We were picked up and dropped off at our hotel. Well worth the money for anyone interested in wildlife, fauna, history of RMNP and photography.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The Only Way to See Rocky Mountain National Park!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Wow! What a GREAT tour! A great investment of both time and money. I asked for a combo "wildlife, photography and scenic" tour. Jared more than surpassed all of our expectations.

We had three in our party. Jared picked us up at 3pm in Estes Park and took us all over the park and Estes Park and did not drop us off again until well after dark (~8pm). We saw a hundred or more huge elk, several Rocky Mountain Big Horn sheep, a large number of marmots, a bunch of beavers, pikas and other animals. One of the pikas was so bold as to nibble on my sneaker (picture enclosed.) We got great pictures of all of them.

Amazingly, Jared was able to predict exactly what the bull elks were going to do in their mating ritual before they did it. He really understood their behavior in excruciating detail. When we saw one bull engaged in the mating ritual, he told us, "watch that bull lower his head." He did. Then, "watch him make mud with his front legs." He did. Then he said, "If he lays down in the mud, the show is over for today and we are gonna get in the car and find some other elk." He promptly laid in the mud and we left and found another large herd of elk.

Jared bought $70k of camera equipment along for our use. He did not hesitate to bring it out and lend it to us. He also brought two top-of-the-line spotting scopes.

My family, including my two grown kids and their families, spent a week in Estes Park and the highlight of that week was our trip with Jared.

Kansas City, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic Landscape Photography Guide!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was very eager to learn the ins and outs of landscape photography. When we decided to book our trip to RMNP I stumbled across this private photography tour for Yellow Wood Guiding. After reading all of the reviews and looking at his work I knew Jared was legit so I booked a photography tour with him. Jared took a thorough intake to decide my needs and was easy to work with. The day of the tour he was on time, articulate, educated, patient and most importantly a great teacher. I would highly recommend this tour because he completely tailors it to you and based on your wants he gives great recommendations. I got some amazing shots thanks to Jared!

1 Thank Kaye N

Been to Yellow Wood Guiding? Share your experiences!