I would give the cabin itself 3 stars but give the Workshire 4 stars for the whole experience. We stay here when we visit RMNP because it's run by a friendly family, it's reasonably priced and it's literally down the road from the park entrance.
- Sits close to Fall River where you can sit and relax, fish for trout
- Park visitor's center/gift shop and park entrance is down the road
- It's quiet
- Has kitchenette and grill if you want to prepare your own meals
- Economical rates
- Cabins need to be modernized, still has decades' old look and features inside
- Limited utensils/pans and dishes in the kitchenette
- Small TV with very few channels in our cabin (not that it's what we came for!)
- Mattress in our cabin was too soft
Workshire is nothing fancy but is fair for the price. The owners are accommodating and unassuming. We plan to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Workshire Lodge is a small family style resort on the beautiful Fall River 3 1/2 miles west of Estes Park and 1/2 mile east of the Fall River entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. Family-owned & operated since 1946, we offer a quiet setting with cozy, clean cabins from which you may explore the "Park" or just sit on the deck enjoying a good book or watching wildlife. All of our cabins have at least a microwave and mini-fridge, with most having kitchenettes or complete kitchens. Though you're welcome to watch a little bit of TV inside, most guests like to spend as much time as possible on their deck or porch, perhaps grilling something on the gas BBQ grill (every cabin has one). Fall River is known for its trout fishing, so grab your license and bring your gear. Whether your cottage has views of the Rocky Mountain flora, or overlooks Fall River itself, you will be immersed in the beauty that draws thousands of visitors to our town each year (but you'll think you're the only ones here). We do not offer daily maid service, but clean towels and linens are available whenever you like. Pop into the office to borrow a book or game, listen to the chipmunks chattering, the hummingbirds flitting about, watch the deer or elk graze, let the roar of the river lull you to sleep.....and fill your heart with memories to sustain your soul until your next visit. ... more less