“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Westminster, Colorado, United States
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My friend was getting married at a nearby hotel that I couldn't afford. I was resorting to finding a last-minute place based on the recommendation of the internet and was NOT disappointed.

The room was in perfect condition, clean and lovely. Extremely comfortable bed and pillows. Well laid out. Fireplace! Amazingly great value for the money. My friends staying at the very fancy expensive place nearby were envious of _my_ room here and they'd paid twice as much.

The man running the hotel was wonderfully friendly and helpful.

I genuinely loved staying here and will come back again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Luxury King room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Allison A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at Haber for 5 nights during the last week of August. I thought the location (not its location directly behind the Egg and I and Peppers restaurants - who cared about that - I'm there to hike and do other outdoor activities, not sit in my hotel room all day) was near perfect in terms of proximity to RMNP and Estes Park shops and restaurants. The Safeway was within walking distance just up the hill as was the Stanley. The room itself was spacious, extremely clean and included fridge and microwave. For you ladies and finicking men, the bathroom was nearly spotless. However, the policy regarding being charged for irreversibly staining their ivory towels was a bit bizarre. Honestly, my butt doesn't take exception to being dried off with regular towels. Why even bother with the fancy stuff?
The gentleman who checked me in, whom I assume was the owner, was not overly friendly, but nice enough and was helpful with restaurant recommendations.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

So, why not 5 stars?

Ritz Carlton, Naples, FL - 5 stars
Biltmore Hotel, Santa Barbara - 5 stars
One and Only Palmilla Resort, Los Cabos, MX - 5 stars
Haber Motel - hmmm

Room Tip: I stayed in room 5, upstairs. Very quiet. Other reviewers have complained of excess noise in rooms o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Don't be alarmed when coming up to the motel you are right behind an Egg and I...The room was surprisingly nice, clean, and had a lot of space. However, try not to stay on the first floor you hear everything your neighbors are doing upstairs and I mean EVERYTHING. Oh and their cancellation fee is stupid expensive $150! Yikes...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had prior knowledge of this property based on Trip Advisor reviews. It was all that I expected! Both my wife, and I, were in the hotel business for many years and I have seen hundreds of hotel/motel rooms. The folks that own this property have really done an outstanding job.
Yes, it is in a parking lot behind several restaurants but, there was never a problem parking and the general location was so good that it made our stay even more enjoyable.

Room Tip: I'd go with the 2nd floor because of the jacuzzi tubs!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UNCLEDICK69
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Haber Motel is very small (Only 6 rooms if I'm correct) and is located on the east end of the main street in Estes Park; which is very convenient since almost all of the shops and restaurants are within walking distance. To be sure, I did not expect much as the outside of the building is neat but nothing special. All of the luxury, as it turned out, was inside the room; which was on the first floor and consisted of two queen beds, a fireplace, a jacuzzi (some reviewers were apparently disappointed by it, but I was happy!), two sinks, a microwave, a fridge, a coffee pot, a full-length mirror, a nice T.V., and lots of space and comfort! As a last-minute decision, and a lucky run-in with the manager (he is not readily available on-site), the night at the Haber Motel turned out to be a great one.W
As a side-note, I had originally thought the downside was that the view (it is behind two restaurants) was not something to be admired and was desperately lacking considering it is in the scenic town of Estes Park. That all changed when a little after midnight, my husband and I discovered a very large black bear strolling through the parking lot not twenty feet from our door! We kept opening and closing the door for a bit to make sure it really was in fact not a figment of our imaginations and wanted to make sure it did not damage anything (or anyone!); in hindsight, we probably annoyed our neighbors to no end by the ruckus we might have made in our excitement and trepidation. The bear, however, was not the least bit annoyed or frightened; he (or she) seemed rather curious instead at our antics, but eventually went on its merry way. What an unforgettable experience! Maybe next time, however, we probably should make less noise and keep the door firmly closed as it probably wasn't the wisest decision to ogle a huge bear while he ogles us!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pitman, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I liked what I saw of this motel on this site and also on its website. I certainly was not disappointed with our experience.

I reserved the room back in late January, and when I called, I didn't realize the owner was not there all of the time. When I didn't get an answer, I booked via the website. It was very easy, and I had no problem securing a AAA discount. Much to my surprise, the owner returned my call, as apparently he must have caller ID, as I didn't leave a message. I was impressed he took the time to return my call. He obviously wanted our business. He confirmed my on-line reservation and sent an email confirmation.

The motel has a no check in before 3 p.m. policy. People can check in earlier, but they must pay a fee. This was not an issue for us, as we were coming in from South Dakota. We did arrive a little before 3 p.m., but we went to Safeway next door to pick up supplies. We arrived right a 3:00, and the owner was cleaning one of the rooms. He came down promptly to check us in. It was nice not needing a key, as we just had a combination to unlock our door. Once we checked in, he told us that we could check out any time before 11 and that we did not need to see him before we left. When you check out, you simply pack up your car and head out. We were given a receipt at check in. He doesn't arrive on the property until 3 p.m. for check ins. That was a little different, but it was certainly no issue. The motel was quiet and in outstanding order.

Some comment on the dumpster that gets emptied in the morning. We didn't find this an issue, as it didn't seem to occur every morning. We were there 3 nights.

I would recommend that a 6th parking spot be secured for the motel, as there are 5 spots for 6 rooms. There is a 6th handicapped spot, but I always feel funny parking in one if I don't need to, plus I don't know if fines would be imposed. There are other spots there, but they are allocated for the Egg and I and the Mexican place nearby.

There is no continental breakfast at the motel, but this is not an issue, as you can buy things at Safeway and store them in the room. There's a fridge and microwave in every room.

As for the room itself, we could not have been more pleased. We had room 1 with 2 queen beds, fireplace, flat screen tv, and ample storage. There was an extra counter outside the bathroom which allowed another person to apply make up while someone else used the bathroom. The beds were the some of the best I have encountered at a motel. The sheets and towels were also some of the finest quality I have seen. I can understand why there are warnings about not using the towels for make up removal or car cleaning, They are simply too nice for that. I had read one person was put off by the warnings, but I appreciate the owner's efforts in providing such fine linens to his guests and wanting to keep them nice. Finally, the room was absolutely immaculate!

It was also desirable to be in walking distance to many shops and restaurants in Estes Park. The town is quite busy, so being able to walk is quite convenient.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to others coming to the Estes Park area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank slrtravelplanner
Watkinsville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Haber Motel is on the eastern end of the main street through Estes Park. You can walk to several restaurants and easily catch the free shuttles to the National Park. Check out the free concerts in the park. You might think that the Haber would be noisy when you see the daytime traffic, but things get quiet as soon as the sun goes down.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family