“super fun”

Cowpoke Corner Corral
More attraction details
Owner description: Cowpoke Corner Corral allows guests to enjoy a horseback riding adventure through the gorgeous scenic and secluded mountain trails nestled within Roosevelt National Park in the Rocky Mountains. We offer a range of tours from short 60 minutes tours to full-day, nine-hour adventures through points of interest like Cub Lake, Fern Lake and Fern Falls. As part of a family business with over 40 years of experience, we pride ourselves on the care and love we have for our horses, these mountains and your safety and experience. Join us soon for a unique western adventure soon!
Reviewed June 14, 2014

All of us had never been on a horse. No problem! All of us from age 4 tp 62 enjoyed our ride! We liked the price and loved our guide! Everyone was so nice and helpful.

1  Thank jroz72

Reviewed June 13, 2014

While visiting Estes Park, CO for the first time last week, my sister and I wanted to see the mountains at a slower pace, so decided to go horseback riding. The clerk at our motel recommended Cowpoke Corner. After doing some online research, we made reservations for the next day for the hour and a half ride. The people at Cowpoke are all so friendly and the horses appear very healthy and wear shoes all around to protect their feet on the rocky trails.

After arrival, we signed the necessary waivers and were matched to horses meeting our ability levels. I have my own horse and ride frequently; my sister used to ride, but it had been a long time. I was assigned Scout, and my sister was on Big Ben. Since the trail was strictly walking, there was little chance of being overmounted on these guys.

We had a wonderful ride up the mountainside with Sarah as our guide. She was careful to warn us of every step up and step down as well as turns - some of which could be sharp. Safety was always on her mind.

Sarah told us about the sights we saw from the trail as well as interesting facts about the local trees along with the difficulties pine beetles are causing the pines. We stopped several times to rest the horses as the trail was steep and could be taxing - especially during warmer weather.
The 90 minutes went by very quickly. I'd definitely take the 2 hour ride (which goes higher on the mountain) on my next trip to Estes Park.

Our ride was one of the highlights of our trip. The prices at Cowpoke Corral are very reasonable and the trail guides and workers all seemed very personable.

I read in an earlier TripAdvisor review that a GPS will not get you to this barn, so ask for directions when you call. It's easy to miss the turn at Glacier Lodge where the stable is located.
Have a great ride-we did!

3  Thank mountainlvr52
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Had great trail guides and lovely views! Look forward to doing it again! I would highly recommend this for family fun. The horses are gentle and the trip is really interesting!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Took our 5 and 9 year old children on the 1 hour ride. Every single person there was beyond nice and patient. Our guide, Amanda, was beyond informative and essentially helped us plan the rest of our trip there with all of her helpful suggestions. One hour was just enough for our kids. The trail up and down the mountain was rugged and beautiful. Amanda made our kid's day by even giving them a horseshoe for each to take home. Money well spent!!! Hope to come back someday.

1  Thank SandJNieman
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I don't write many reviews but these people do this RIGHT. From the phone(reservation) to the help off Golden Granit everyone was prompt and helpful. The last time I rode with this outfit was at their other stable, so I was a little apprehensive at the thought of my 4 year old on a horse for a mountain ride. Another group joined us for the hour and half ride. We had a great time on the ride, our guide was informative and pearsonable and took great care with our daughter. Either stable is awesome, if you are in the Estes Park area this is a "must do" activity.

1  Thank corasdad