“Beautiful, small RV Park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Paradise on the River
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Beautiful, small RV Park”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My wife and I are new to the RV world. Paradise on the River was the perfect spot for a two night getaway! Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful, and made us feel very welcome. When I pulled in and saw how tight the grounds were, I was a little freaked out about backing my trailer in to the parking spot. Rod came out and helped me get it backed in with very little effort. We enjoyed sitting by the river, watching the elk, and I even managed to catch a couple of trout on dry flies. We had a great time!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bill S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We are frequent Estes visitors but always considered the area Paradise was in as "not as nice" as the cabin properties on Fall River. How wrong we were. You can't really see Paradise from the road, it is well below grade on the bank of the river. Likewise you can't see or hear traffic on the road from the cabins. It is a much more secluded feeling than one would expect. The "RV" in the name can be a red flag, but not here. The rv side is separate from the cabin side and the entire property is very quiet. We were in the largest cabin, Hallet, directly on the river. I mean 10 feet from the water. Nothing like drifting off to sleep in a very comfy king bed with top quality linens and actually good pillows. The owners simply couldn't be nicer. The location is much better than above town, almost in the Park, closer to town, a small but full service grocery. The Rock Inn Tavern, by far the coolest place to eat with great, upscale food at reasonable prices, is an easy walk. From now on this is the only place we will stay in Estes. Can't say enough about the folks who run this place, they are just so helpful and friendly. Stay here, you will like it.

Room Tip: They will let you rent the large cabin at a reduced rate for 2 if it is unbooked. Awesome kitchen
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank WarHokie
pine hill, nj
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Paradise for 2 nights the first week of Oct. I wish it would have been another 2 nights. Because I booked this get away so late, we had to switch cabins for the second night, but we were just happy that they could accommodate us. They were very helpful when trying to book our stay and were happy to answer my many questions. One of my concerns was how close together the cabins and the campers were to one another, however I was assured that I would still feel secluded. When we arrived, check in was quick and smooth, with someone showing us our cabin and how to use the heater, and the under the bed storage. I appreciated the designated parking spots too. However I was still concerned about the closeness of the cabins/campers. Once we got settled, that all went away. Even while sitting on the deck listening to the river you really did have a feeling of being secluded. We really enjoyed sitting on the deck with a glass of wine listening to the river. This place really relaxes you.
Both the riverbend and creekside cabins were extremely clean and cutely decorated. Beds were comfy and I appreciated the coffee maker for my am pick me up.
This place really is a paradise and I would not hesitate to suggest this lodging to anyone. I hope we can visit again soon and hopefully stay a bit longer.

5 Thank tripgirl74
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My mom and I stayed in the Creek View cabin and it was a real winner - Beautiful view, very clean, cute decor and close to town and the park. It is not only near the river but practically on it. You could hear the water from the cabin which was so soothing. It was pretty tight when the bed in the front room was pulled out but it worked. I had my dog with me and the spacious deck gave her a little area she could move around without being on leash. Even though the cabins are close together, they seem private with the way the decks are screened. Overall a great experience and we would definitely go back there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank exne
Salida, Colorado
Reviewed October 19, 2011

This is our 2nd trip back to Paradise on the River. I found this beautiful get away 2 years ago when we had my husband's suprise 55th Birthday and we stayed at Hallet's Peak. It was fantastic. I tried to go back last year but they were booked solid.
Paradise on the River is a gem that's been found.
We had the opportunity for a one night get away last week and they had The River's End cabin open so we came up. We had dinner at Dunraven's then back to our cabin, listing to the river watching the full moon come over the trees shinning down on the river with the fire ring on the deck that kept us toasty warm. There was no wind! a perfect night.
Thank you for great memories and we will be back! Dan & Kay

1 Thank Kay S
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Just completed a 2-night stay at Paradise. Rented the Elk Crossing cabin and absolutely LOVED it. Such a nicely-appointed cabin to begin with, and the location right on the river was perfect. I don't think we closed the doors the entire time we were there because it was so nice listening to the river just outside. The kitchen had all the appliances (coffee provided) and dishes/cookware you would need and the gas grill and gas fire pit were a nice touch. Inside, the pair of recliners split by an electric fireplace added a touch of warmth and comfort. The staff were friendly and helpful. Saw at least a dozen elk during our stay there, some standing in the river just feet away from our cabin's deck. We absolutely loved our stay and are already planning a trip back next year, for far more than just 2 nights.

Room Tip: The Elk Crossing cabin sat right on the river (all their cabins do) and had a queen bed in the bedro...
3 Thank gardnerma
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed in the RV rental that allows pets & was surprised at how clean it was! It had 2 slideouts- one was a closet the other the dining/ sitting area. Plenty of room (31 footer) inside & liked that the dining table was a table with chairs. Plenty of lighting & storage! Already booked the rv for next fall. Staff was nice too! :-)
Might be a tight squeeze bringing in your own rv but overall it was a nice place.

• Stayed October 2011