“A Wonderful Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rockmount Cottages & Cabins
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stumbled upon this property quite by accident, looking for fairly long term accomdations for a work assignment. I stayed in the Hummingbird cabin, which was exactly the right size for one person but can comfortably accomodate more people for a shorter stay. I was there for over a month and enjoyed the comfortable cabin, with two bedrooms (plenty of room for 'stuff'), huge bathroom, full kitchen and, most appreciated in the winter months, a wood-burning fire place. I had everything I needed for work and relaxation and the owners and manager could not have possibly been more pleasant and accomodating. I have never enjoyed my accomodations more for a long-term business assignment and was sorry to leave.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Lisa P

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My family has been staying at Rockmount for many many years and would not stay anywhere else. The cabins are very clean and well maintained and so comfortable and cozy. The river is so close my son loves to fish (hard to get him to come in to eat). I would recommend Rockmount to anyone looking for the best every place to stay in Estes.

Room Tip: Happy Trails is "my" cabin, even has a washer/dryer.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jeanette925
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Husband and I came to Estes Park the first week of September. It was our first time coming and we had not made any lodging reservations (which actually worked to our advantage as we would have stayed at a motel/hotel). We found no vacancies anywhere in Estes Park. We later found out that there was a Scottish/Irish Festival happening therefore the reason the hotels were all booked. We were just driving around checking out the town when we happened to drive by Rockmount Cottages. The sign out front said "No Vacancy" but we drove in anyway just to see the cottages because the place looked so inviting and like somewhere we would love to stay. We drove back out and then my husband suggested we just talk to someone at the office to see if we could get a cottage for another night because we really wanted to try stay there after checking the place out some more. We drove back in and went to the office where we spoke with Carol. She did not have any vacancies for that night but said that the next 2 nights were available. She took the time to actually find us another place to stay for that night. She called around town for us and ended up finding us a cabin across the street at Valhalla. She went over and beyond to help us out. We feel we even got a great price at Valhalla and Rockmount. We stayed 2 nights in Tumbleweed #14 and we loved it! The cottage was very clean and nicely decorated. The kitchen had everything we needed. We had to wash laundry while there and the laundry room was impeccably clean. I think we were about 1 mile from the entrance to RMNP which we spent as much time as possible in. We were wishing we could stay longer but had to catch a flight back to Florida. We highly recommend this place to anyone that wants the cottage/cabin experience.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FCGonzalez
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Rockmount Cottages is a collection of various sized log cabins that lie just off CO Rt 66 in Estes Park, Co. The cabins are clean and comfortable with fully furnished kitchens, sitting rooms, bathrooms and bedrooms. Many lie immediately near or along side the Thompson River and visitors could be found with their fly rods catching trout from the running water. They are a great location for those visiting Rocky Mountain National Park. The owners are also the operators and actually live, at least part of the year, at the site so they are available if needed. This is a great place for families as there is ample space for children and the local Safeway Supermarket contains well stocked shelves of groceries and a very reasonable, collection of ready-made entrees. That, together with the fully furnished kitchen, makes eating at home easy and affordable. Downtown Estes Park is charming with lots of small specialty shops that can charm nearly any visitor. if you want a morning cup of coffee, just down the road on Rt. 36 is a drive-through coffee shop with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, muffins etc. at a reasonable price and the coffee is quite good.
It appears as though there are many repeat visitors. We stayed 2 nights but a return to Estes Park would find us staying at Rockmount once again. It's a delightful place.

Room Tip: Pick a cabin back by the river so you can leave your bedroom window open and be lullabied by the run...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PAAbee
Reviewed July 27, 2013

my family is not usually "outside people" but we thought we'd try a couple of nights in a cabin during our Colorado vacation. were definitely not disappointed in this place! we stayed in the powderhorn cabin with 5 people--rooms are small but the living area more than made up for that. the cabin was spotlessly clean. owners were wonderful in all stages of the reservation process and stay, and also helped us out with a special request at the end of our stay.
we saw deer on the property several times, and the river running through is beautiful to relax next to!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I have stayed at Rockmount Cottages in Estes Park for many years. The beautiful and modern cottages, the tranquil setting along the river and the children friendly environment makes this the perfect getaway in the mountains. Located minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park, and the quaint and vibrant community of Estes Park you are ensured access to multiple activities and places to go for all ages. Now that my children have become parents they too are taking a new generation of our family to the cottages along the river. All the conveniences you need from Wi-Fi, nice laundry facilities, and new playground equipment, will make your visit even easier. I recommend that you contact Rockmount Cottages early to secure your booking since the cottages are in high demand and are often booked early by previous guest. So grab a book, bring along your walking or hiking shoes, a camera to capture all the beautiful animals you will discover, and perhaps your favorite fishing pole. Rockmount Cottages is a great place to stay and experience a little piece of heaven in the mountains.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Peter T
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have been coming here consistently for 12 years with the extended family and can't wait to come back each year. The Big Thompson river runs through the property with easy access for fishing. The sound of the river provides a tranquil background. It is an easy drive to either downtown Estes Park or the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. The grounds are well kept and attractive. This is the best place to stay. I use to keep the location a secret so that it wasn't over run with people but I guess the word has gotten out anyway. I love this place!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family