“Guided hike on Longs Peak via North Face”

Colorado Mountain School
Ranked #43 of 74 things to do in Estes Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Colorado Mountain School (CMS) offers courses and privately guided group and individual outings in rock climbing, mountaineering, skiing, snowshoeing, ski mountaineering, avalanche training and ice climbing throughout Colorado. CMS is the exclusive climbing concessionaire for Rocky Mountain National Park and based locally in Boulder and Estes Park. CMS is the largest guide service in Colorado and has more American Mountain Guides Association certified Guides than any other guide service in the state. Our lodge located in Estes Park, Colorado, is for CMS clients only.
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband & I chose CMS due to their reputation. We got more than just a guided hike... We had an excellent guide - Russell. Coming from sea level Georgia, Longs peak via North Face was surely a test of our abilities. Russell set a comfortable pace for us and kept encouraging us from start to finish. His being an accomplished mountaineer, made for a very interesting journey. We got to hear great stories and learn more about mountaineering. We got to see phenomenal views as we hiked. Russell made sure we didn't miss anything and we got to soak it all. We got to see elk, a black bear as we set off, a curious pika and spectacular views (have to mention that again!). All in all, we received great value. Thanks Jane for being prompt with responses & for organizing a great trip! Thanks Russell for being a great lead and we wish you all the best at upcoming ascents.

1  Thank Sona S
There are newer reviews for Colorado Mountain School

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I have done several ski tours, my avvy 1 cert, and several other hikes/climbs and classes. My guides and intructors have always been professional and have led me to some phenomenal days in the backcountry. Discuss your expectations, goals, fitness level etc with Katy and EJ and I am sure they can make it happen.

1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Colorado Mountain School offers hikes and climbs and keeps you safe.

1  Thank Judy T
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Excellent guide service, and Joey "Magic Man" Thompson is a wonderful, solid and fun guide. He showed us a great couple of days at Lumpy Ridge and adapted the days to our considerably different skill levels. booking & follow up was prompt, professional and thorough and the guiding was smooth start to finish. Total pros.

2  Thank 5719ariel
Reviewed August 7, 2010

My husband and I decided to go with Colorado Mountain School instead of the other local competitor, largely because of their availability on the desired date, but they were more expensive. It was well worth the extra cost, because our guide not only helped us have a great time, but taught us exactly what to do so that we could actually come back and do it by ourselves if we wanted to!!! Incredible! I learned so much, and in 4 hours we were able to go on 5 climbs each. It was the best thing we did while traveling in Estes Park!!! We now can't wait to go climbing again. Oh, and we never felt unsafe....this guys knew what he was doing and we had on really good equipment.

3  Thank Stefanie718