“If you are going to Rocky Mountain National Park, this is the place to stay.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
YMCA of the Rockies
Albany, NY
“If you are going to Rocky Mountain National Park, this is the place to stay.”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

My family loved this Y camp. We started out from Denver and this was the first place we stayed. We had booked two nights but extended our stay for a third night (we had to change cabins). We booked a basic cabin which has a full kitchen, two bedrooms and a living room area. Our front porch looked right out on the mountains. The great thing about this was that we were able to prepare our own meals and save money. We did have a problem with the kitchen sink leaking, but it was fixed as soon as we called. We actually tried to book another night at the end of our vacation since we loved it so much, but it was Labor Day weekend and they were booked. Estes Park is a cute little town too. We enjoyed walking around. One suggestion, if you are going to shop at the Safeway, get yourself a Safeway card or you will end up spending a lot more money on food!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Cheyenne
Reviewed August 31, 2009

My family and I stayed at the YMCA of the Rockies for a family weekend upon my husband's return from Iraq. This was an amazing trip! Very relaxing with a lot of bonding time. We were able to go hiking, swimming, make arts & crafts, play putt putt and spend time together. We never felt the need to leave the YMCA grounds. I would recommend this to anyone.

1 Thank niks2boys
Philadelphia
Reviewed August 31, 2009

This is a great place to relax after a day of hiking in the Rockies. Good restaurants in the Estes Park area are not too far. The cabins at the YMCA are clean and cozy. I would return without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
Reviewed August 28, 2009

This was our second stay at YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park, and our first in a lodge room. We stayed in the new Longs Peak Lodge, which is very nice and very much like staying in a hotel. Two breakfasts are free each day with the room at the buffet. The breakfasts are not particulary great but is an excellent start before a day of hiking. We used the indoor pool, our two kids loved the craft center, and we played multiple rounds of free mini golf. It is only a short shuttle or car ride into the park for great hiking. Free wireless throughout the very large grounds is a great feature. This is an ideal base for a family at Rocky.

Minnetonka, MN
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Upon entering our room in the WInd River Lodge at Estes Park my family asked me what was missing. I noted that we were without the standard television...I opened the curtains and showed them Rocky Mountain National Park. Just 2 days later my 9 year old noted on the way back from the pool that without a television we had more time to do things together as a family.

This was the icing on the proverbial cake! My family never vacations longer than 5 days in one spot but were reluctant to leave not only the YMCA but the area. Volunteers and paid staff alike all had a positive attitude and a willingness to please the guests.

We will be returning!!!

1 Thank MarshallJ
big city
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I was given a list of places to stay in Estes Park, so I contact the YMCA and space was available. The place is very family oriented with lots of activities/events for the whole family. My lodge did not have a tv, microwave or refridgerator, but that was fine. Without TV, gave me an opportunity to rest and read. Since I was traveling along, I stayed in the lodge, The room had a double bed and a set of bunk beds, lots of space for famiy of 4. The cost also included 2 free tickets for breakfast buffet. The room was clean, neat and orderly and room was made up every day.

Since the facility has various types of facilities, other rooms may include other type of ammenities. I would return to the YMCA of Rockies any time I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Saint Louis MO
Reviewed August 18, 2009

There were so many activities, we never even found time to swim in the large pool. It's at the doorstep to Rocky Mountain National Park, a short ride from whitewater rafting, great golf, and there's always something to do when you get back like free miniature golf, disc golf, horseshoes, tennis, game room, etc. It's nonstop activity if you want it. I suppose there were places to relax, but we didn't look for them.

I wish we had another week there!