“We love the Y Camp”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
YMCA of the Rockies
US
“We love the Y Camp”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have stayed at the Y camp with my daughter and her friends as she has grown from a school age child to our most recent visit with her and her college age friends. We generally stay in the simple, but clean and well-stocked cabins that have complete kitchen facilities, no tvs (but do have wireless internet access) :-). We love the beautiful, quiet setting, the available recreational facilities and activities, the hiking, the critters, the nearby town of Estes Park, ...

I hope to eventually bring my grandchildren!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anne J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Boulder, CO
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We recently stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin for the night at the YMCA of the Rockies. It was clean, roomy and very spacious. Since there were 5 of us, I got stuck sleeping on the twin size bed. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue but they had a plastic sheet on the mattress and then a standard cotton sheet. The cotton sheet was ill-fitted and slid off the corners all night long. Other than that, it was a good stay. We took advantage of the roller skating rink and although small and slightly outdated, it made for a fun evening. We were also disappointed to see that the miniature golf course was closed when we arrived at 7:45 p.m. even though we had been told upon check in that they would be open until 9:00 p.m.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We spent several days at the YMCA of the Rockies. An amazing place! The location and activities can't be beat (horseback riding, archery, hiking, etc) and very family-friendly. We stayed in one of the lodges and the value was great. The proximity to RMNP is stellar.

The cafeteria is OK, but there are plenty of fabulous places to eat in nearby Estes Park. If you go during elk bugling season, the resident elk heard seems to come right to your door! Warning: they do bugle all night long, but the ambiance can't be beat.

The staff if friendly and professional. We highly recommend a stay at the YMCA of the Rockies

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GreenMtnValleyGirl
Plano, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was our first visit to YMCA at Estes Park with our 6 & 2yr old, and it was amazing. We stayed in the Kiowa cabin just across from the Admin building. We enjoyed daily visits from the local Elk and Deer at our front door steps. We were lucky that our cabin was recently updated and very clean! The kids recommend the hayride and marshmallow roast. We are already planning our return visit.

Room Tip: Stay in a cabin!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The YMCA of Estes Park is a great place for familys to vacation. It has both cabins and lodge rooms, both for a very reasonable price considering all the different things that are included. Our family makes a annual fall trip and it never disappoints. The cabins are nice, not fancy, but comfortable and fit the mountain scene. The recreational facilities are awesome. There is a big indoor swimming pool, a large gym for basketball or volleyball, tennis courts, minature golf, skate park, snow shoe rental, ice skating, hiking and stables. There are activites offered for all kinds of interests: archery, hay rides, seasonal crafts, nature talks and walks, scavenger hunts, etc. There is a craft room (building) where you can purchase craft supplies and create all kinds of wonderful things: batik, tye-dye, painting, leatherworks, jewelry making, wood crafts, mosaics...There is just so much to do! But the view, the herds of wandering deer and elk, and the friendly staff are what keeps brining us back year after year.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We love going to the Y at Estes Park. The staff is so helpful and friendly! We love the beauty of the grounds and enjoyed seeing deer and elk around the property. We've stayed at the Y multiple times and love the cabins with fireplaces the best, but the lodge rooms are also a great choice at a great value. We felt safe letting our 10 and 14 year old roam on their own. We're not fans of the Aspen dining hall but really like the Rustic Cafe for good, reasonably priced food. There are no tvs (at least in most of the rooms/cabins) and although there is wifi I recommend not bringing computers or cell phones. The art/craft room is amazing - jewelry making (more than our local shop!), pottery, mosaics, tie dye and more. We did basket weaving this summer which was awesome but not available in the off season. We did crafts, toured the museum, checked out books and puzzles from the library, played bingo and went on horseback ride. If you go, check online the week before you go to get an idea of all the activities offered - they publish weekly activity guides and include many other activities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank kmead7890
tulsa
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed in a vacation cabin for five days over at the Summit. The views were amazing. I had herds of elk in my yard, coyotes howling , and just almost perfect weather. I loved the kitchen, I cooked almost all of my meals there. I spent most of my time reading and relaxing. I did go to the RMNP one day. It is very close to the YMCA. This is my second stay with the YMCA, but it won't be my last. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The cabin was too big for just me, but I knew that when I rented it. I recommend staying with the YMCA if you are looking for a place that will make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: The Summit is more remote and very quiet. I would stay over there again because I enjoy to solitude...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo