“Great family place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
YMCA of the Rockies
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The YMCA of Estes Park is a great place for familys to vacation. It has both cabins and lodge rooms, both for a very reasonable price considering all the different things that are included. Our family makes a annual fall trip and it never disappoints. The cabins are nice, not fancy, but comfortable and fit the mountain scene. The recreational facilities are awesome. There is a big indoor swimming pool, a large gym for basketball or volleyball, tennis courts, minature golf, skate park, snow shoe rental, ice skating, hiking and stables. There are activites offered for all kinds of interests: archery, hay rides, seasonal crafts, nature talks and walks, scavenger hunts, etc. There is a craft room (building) where you can purchase craft supplies and create all kinds of wonderful things: batik, tye-dye, painting, leatherworks, jewelry making, wood crafts, mosaics...There is just so much to do! But the view, the herds of wandering deer and elk, and the friendly staff are what keeps brining us back year after year.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We love going to the Y at Estes Park. The staff is so helpful and friendly! We love the beauty of the grounds and enjoyed seeing deer and elk around the property. We've stayed at the Y multiple times and love the cabins with fireplaces the best, but the lodge rooms are also a great choice at a great value. We felt safe letting our 10 and 14 year old roam on their own. We're not fans of the Aspen dining hall but really like the Rustic Cafe for good, reasonably priced food. There are no tvs (at least in most of the rooms/cabins) and although there is wifi I recommend not bringing computers or cell phones. The art/craft room is amazing - jewelry making (more than our local shop!), pottery, mosaics, tie dye and more. We did basket weaving this summer which was awesome but not available in the off season. We did crafts, toured the museum, checked out books and puzzles from the library, played bingo and went on horseback ride. If you go, check online the week before you go to get an idea of all the activities offered - they publish weekly activity guides and include many other activities.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kmead7890
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed in a vacation cabin for five days over at the Summit. The views were amazing. I had herds of elk in my yard, coyotes howling , and just almost perfect weather. I loved the kitchen, I cooked almost all of my meals there. I spent most of my time reading and relaxing. I did go to the RMNP one day. It is very close to the YMCA. This is my second stay with the YMCA, but it won't be my last. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The cabin was too big for just me, but I knew that when I rented it. I recommend staying with the YMCA if you are looking for a place that will make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: The Summit is more remote and very quiet. I would stay over there again because I enjoy to solitude...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The first REAL autumn for this Texas lowlander!! The aspen trees are the most lovely. And the sides of the hills and mountains with aspen stands look like fire from a distance with the colors of gold, yellow, and orange. I have visited Estes Park YMCA for years but always in the summer. I would highly recommend a visit in the Fall. Along with the trees there is the wildlife. We saw lots of elk and deer on the Y property, as well as many different species of birds right from our cabin deck. We stayed in a basic 2 bedroom cabin. It was perfect for our needs as we are a retired couple. Kitchen was outfitted with everything needed to provide good food for us. There is a coffee pot and filters. The bathrooms in the basics tend to be smaller and many only have a shower stall, but work well. Plenty of hot water!! The joy of the Ycamp is that there are so many things to do on site and closeby. There is putt-putt, tennis, horseshoes, basketball, all outdoors. There is also a gym thyat is nice when the weather doesn't allow outdoor activities. There is also horseback riding for those who enjoy that, and the folks running the stables are very professional. The craft building is the place to go for days when outdoor activities are not possible. There is a wide variety of crafts and always someone knowledgeable and willing to help. The YCamp is one place where each person in your group can find something to enjoy and particiate in with great ease and pleasure. Truly a great place to go for a vacation.

Room Tip: If staying in a basic cabin and looking for full bath, ask. They have a few with full baths.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank carrie5555
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The YMCA of the Rockies is an absolutely fantastic place. Access to the National Park is outstanding as is access to all the attractions in the Town of Estes Park. I last stayed in June 2012 in one of the newer lodges. I have also stayed in the older lodges as well as a rustic cabin and a more modern cabin over the past 33 years. You can't go wrong by staying here. On the grounds there are all kind of things to do from horseback riding to arts and crafts. There is also a library. The food in the dining room is served cafeteria style and might not suit everybody because it can be crowded with conferences. If the dining facilities there do not suit you, just go downtown where there are numerous restaurants. I shall certainly be back

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I arrived four days before I met with my family for a reunion and a wedding so I rented a somewhat expensive room for a week. The room was spacious clean and comfortable with breakfast that was Included with the price.
Breakfast at the Aspen Lodge was very nice. The fare was good breakfast food and also had selections for the Health-conscious. There was a lot to choose from. Always very crowded but the line moved fast and the breakfast buffet was well maintained. I suggest you skip the Aspen Lodge for any other meal than breakfast. Instead go next-door to the more intimate Pine Lodge. Where the selections are much more gourmet and with less of a crowd. The service in both places is extremely amateur if at all. At breakfast in the Aspen Lodge I asked to have a sticky table wiped and a dining room attendant pointed to a napkin holder across the room. The second time I asked to have the sticky table cleaned another dining room attendant asked where the table was and then pointed to another employee for me to ask. He happened to be holding a towel at the time. I took the towel from his hands and wiped the table myself. He followed me to the table where I wiped the table and was able to hand him back his towel so that I could dine at a clean table. A table which should have already been cleaned before I arrived to sit there. The food at the Pine Lodge was much better for dinner however when I called on the hotel phone to make my reservation for dinner no one ever answered. I tried several times on the phone so I went in person to find a dining room fully staffed. And before I could dine I had to sign the meal to my room. After signing I was asked to write in a tip before I ever even sat at my table. I explained to them I would leave my tip at the end of the meal pending on the quality of the service received. From that standpoint the service was good and very attentive.
The next day for breakfast At Aspen Lodge I arrived shortly before closing time. There were no muffins. I asked if there were any muffins and the dining room attendant told me they were closing and there weren't any more. I asked another dining room attendant if he would go into the kitchen and get me some muffins and he returned with some muffins. The first dining room attendant who thwarted my request for muffins saw me receive the muffins from the other dining room attendant. The next day for breakfast my family was beginning to arrive. When I approached the host with my ticket to redeem breakfast, he referred to me as a "golden member". When I asked him If that meant I would get better service. He replied that it means I should have better manners.
I totally let that one go as well as all the other dining service mishaps. After all I was there for a family reunion and a big wedding and all the piddly stuff that didn't go right Honestly really didn't matter to me at the time + I cut a lot of slack to those in the food service industry. But these young people despite where they are from, what they're paid, or even if they're volunteers should at least be initially trained to be more customer oriented. And aiming to please would be most appreciated.

All in all, It was peak season and I think that the YMCA of the Rockies did do a very good job accommodating the hundreds of guests every day. The registration desk did a very diligent job of keeping all of the rooms for my family within close proximity of each other upon the different times of our arrival. Thank you very much. We were glad our rooms were near each other's.

The swimming pool is very nice and with very polite service .
The daily shuttles into town also very good And with plenty of time slots throughout the day.
You would think that the YMCA would have a weightlifting and physical fitness gym but it does not.

The wedding was very up beat and a lot of fun at the Mountain View Lodge about a mile away from the main facilities. It was wonderful to be with my family and to be together with many I hadn't seen in years and to meet new friends. The YMCA of the Rockies is a very appropriate place for this.

If other family members ever chose the YMCA of the Rockies again for any function or reunion I would definitely recommend it and be more than happy to go there again. Despite the crowds of families, Large church groups, And throngs of people everywhere. And I mean everywhere. It was a great place to be and for a wonderful "Get-Away".

Room Tip: Longs Peak Lodge is clean spacious quiet and with a beautiful view and wonderful veranda to lounge...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Anthony C
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I spent five nights at the YMCA of the Rockies in Sept. for a conference. The staff there was great. The food service excellent give the number of people on the property. It was a quick drive into town where there are many great places to eat.

Great spot for a family vacation. Beds were confortable and of course we didn't spend much time in the room.

Room Tip: Look for the best housing to meet your families needs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business