Elkhorn Lodge and Guest Ranch
Peak To Peak Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$89
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$215
$190
QualityInn
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$259
$251
Orbitz.com
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$160
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
$309
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$135
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$138
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$140
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I really did like this hotel. Staying in a place built in 1874 certainly has its charm, as I prefer staying in a unique establishment over your standard chain. The lobby had its charm, and so did the staircase as well as the driveway where I saw an elk feeding.

Elkhorn certainly has a lot of potential, but the owner really needs to step it up and invest in maintenance and staff. I spent two nights there. When arriving to my room, I noted that both the cold and hot water faucets in the bathroom were leaking. Leaking bad. Meaning should have been taken care of long ago. Of course, I raised that issue.

Showering was definitely not pleasant. It took 5 minutes of running the water for any hot water to show up, and my shower went from freezing cold to scalding hot several times afterwards. They definitely need to work on the hot water regulation system.

Beyond these issues, my room was not even made up when I showed up at 6pm. No new towels, bed wasn't made, etc... That is just unacceptable.

What really boggled my mind was that my room came with a coffee machine that I couldn't even use. The coffee machine had a THREE-prong plug, but the few sockets in the room were all TWO prong. Why would they invest in coffee machines that cannot even be used? Made absolutely no sense to me.

Bottom line: the owner needs to invest some money in this establishment. It has potential, but you need to spend money in order to make money. At a minimum, the rooms need to be made on a daily basis! Would I stay here again? Not unless I learned that they took care of these basic details.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mjalti
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Three of us stayed (Cabin F 3/4) on a Denver Daily Deal Sept. 6 & 7 primarily for the Long's Peak Scottish-Irish Festival. Great location at the top end of the main business district. We could easily walk to the start of the parade on Saturday. I'm glad I read the reviews because we took extra blankets (not needed) and we were not expecting the Ritz (or even a Motel 6 for that matter). I hope the new owner puts some time and effort into fixing the place up because it is truly unique with tons of potential. In the meantime a little attention to detail would go a long way: replacing lightbulbs; dusting the cobwebs off the light fixtures; rudimentary maid service like fresh towels; repairing the toilet seat so it doesn't slide off; a tv remote that works; not having to unplug the tv to plug in the one-cup coffee maker (which was fine for a morning cup of tea); moving the little fridge (nice) in order to shut the dividing door; another trash can (there was only one); replacing furniture pulls; possibly installing a hand spray in the clawfoot tub instead of a shower with curtain because getting in and out was deadly! A little disappointing not to get our ghost tour, but we were offered a restaurant coupon instead. On the plus side the receptionist was charming and helpful, the beds were comfortable and clean and the herd of elk that paid a visit Saturday into Sunday was a real treat. I would stay again but maybe check out the rooms in the lodge.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here for one night and that was plenty! While it was nice to have 3 bedrooms to share with family, the rooms were dirty and overall felt like it was simply not kept up. Some historic resorts are old but charming. This one was old and absolutely not charming! The floors needed to be vacuumed, the shower curtain was torn, the beds were uncomfortable, the doors didn't close properly, window screens had holes in them, I could go on and on. They appear to put absolutely no effort into maintaining this property but with some effort on the part of the owner, this property could be easily transformed into a place to be proud of. As it is today, it is not.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

First, the property is very pretty. Was not exactly sure what to expect, and on several levels was surprised. First surprise was a single cup coffee maker in the cabin, second was a tv (no remote, but a tv). I think I am a "frills", as opposed to "no frills" person and a cabin with no heat and the occasional spider was not a fun filled weekend away.

On the plus side, the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. I left a sweatshirt and upon emailing them, they found it and mailed it back to me! Honestly, that is going above and beyond for most. As I read on a review prior to going, it is 139 years old, but I hear the new owner is planning on making lots of improvements and one won't recognize it in the next two years.

The restaurant owner on the property is also very friendly and informative. If you go, enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We won two nights here at a benefit silent auction, so we weren't sure what to expect. Suffice to say after night night in this hellhole, we went and paid for another night elsewhere. Where to begin - the 'carpet' was the dirtiest, most stained I've ever seen. The bedspread was so old and threadbare I would be embarrassed to sell it at a garage sale. There was one outlet in the entire unit, so they ran a loose extension cord right in front of the front door to reach the television. I don't even think that's legal! The bathroom was disgusting; no way would I even think of taking a shower in there.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple