“Wonderful place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Taharaa Mountain Lodge
Ranked #10 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed August 4, 2008

My daughter was married at Taharaa last week and all went just wonderfully! The lodge is beautiful and of course has awesome views! I was a little concerned reading the negative reviews on this site about the weddings gone bad after we had already booked Taharaa (was in tears in fact)-thinking we had made a mistake but...... All went just great- yes, they run a tight ship but not unfriendly- many of our guests commented on how great Diane was and everyone thought the service was superb. The guests that stayed in the lodge said the breakfast was fantastic and the rooms were too.

Any place you have a wedding is going to have rules and this is a really nice place and they just want to keep it that way-we were able to enjoy every minute.

They were good to us and I appreciate that!

• Liked — VIews and service
  • Disliked — Having to stop the party at 10:00p.m.!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
San Antonio
Reviewed April 21, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Taharaa for a couple nights in Mid April. Everyone was so wonderful to us. Pam was the first one to greet us and she made us feel so welcomed. The rooms were beautifully furnished and well maintained and the view was gorgeous. Dianne prepared an outstanding gourmet breakfast each morning, yummy! When it came time to check out, we hated to leave. We will certainly be back and hope that you will give Taharaa a try as well; you won't be sorry.

Reyes & Yolonda
San Antonio, TX

Stayed April 2008
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed February 29, 2008

One of my favorite places of all time. My husband and I spent several nights there on an anniversary trip to Colorado. The rooms are gorgeous, the views are amazing and the staff was so friendly. We were a little nervous staying there based on other reviews, but we didn't experience any problems. The owners made us feel like family. They were very helpful with directions, dinner suggestions/reservations, etc. I would recommend this lodge to all of my friends and family... absolutely no complaints. Loved it!!!

• Liked — Excellent views, incredible breakfast!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed February 2, 2008

I just returned from a 2 night stay at Taharaa Mountain Lodge in Estes Park. I am a wedding coordinator and was there working a wedding. I do weddings all over the state of Colorado so I have an opportunity to stay at many places. This was the second time I had stayed at Taharaa while working a wedding there. Both experiences have been nothing but positive. The Lodge itself is first class. A lot of thought went into building it. It is situated far enough from Estes that you feel like you are in the mountains and yet close enough for an easy trip into town. The views from the Lodge are magnificent! The guest rooms are well maintained. The room I stayed in had a gas fireplace on a timer so I could go to sleep with it on and a balcony that I could sit on to enjoy my morning coffee. Coffee and tea are left in each hallway every morning for early risers to enjoy. The owners are the innkeepers. They take immense pride in their place. The complimentary breakfasts are a real treat. Every morning they prepare something that delights all of the guests. Because I was there working I did not get an opportunity to enjoy the other amenities the Lodge has to offer but the wedding guests who were staying there took advantage of everything that was available.
The area where wedding receptions are held is wonderful. The owners of Taharaa thought of everything when they were building it. It has magnificent views from all sides. There is a large covered deck attached to the main room where you can have a ceremony if the weather is inclement or have your cocktail hour. Taharaa has an outdoor ceremony site that is beautiful. They even have a built in sound system for this outdoor area. I recommend Taharaa often when couples come to me looking for a place in the mountains to have their wedding. It truly is a hidden gem in the Colorado Rockies.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Pepper080
Denver
Reviewed December 13, 2007

Colorado has wonderful mountain cabins, resorts, and lodges, but the best by far is The Taharaa Mountain Lodge. This Bed & Breakfast will take all your blues away. This lodge is very cozy, very comfortable and very clean. Breakfast is to die for and you can't beat the hospitality. Beautiful decor and awesome view. Perfect for a quiet adult getaway. This place will take your breath away and make you stop, smell the roses, and appreciate peace and tranquility. As a native of Colorado, this place is now my new hide away.

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank JJandPC
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2007

Although some of the reviews made me a bit sceptical, I am so glad that I didn't go on the advise of those and chose to stay at Taharaa Mountain Lodge. The lodge is beautiful and our junior suite was perfect. We were on the 1st floor with a huge balcony and a lovely fireplace. The lodge is far enough out of town you feel as though you are secluded, yet only a 5 minute drive to the heart of downtown. The hosts, Ken and Diane are lovely and Rocky (the dog) is a real cutie pie. Eric and Pam, the proprietors are fabulous and gave us some great advise as to where to eat and shop. The breakfasts were very nice and quite relaxing, too. In the evening they served wine/beer and the only complaint I would have with that is they should have offered something a little more substantial than mixed nuts to go along with the cocktails. Maybe a nice fruit and cheese tray. Especially since dinner is not served at the lodge and you are sometimes just too tired to venture out. Other than that, Taharaa was perfect and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone wanting a bit of luxury in the mountains. I will be back there, for sure!

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank wildindigo
Chicago, IL
Reviewed October 30, 2007

I had read the other reviews and thank god I did not pay attention to them! It would have been a mistake to miss this treasure.

When we arrived, the kindness showed by Eric and Diane was almost too much. You see, I was sick upon arrival from the altitude and needed the bathroom fast, but I hung on long enough for them to give a full tour of the establishment. We stayed in the Longs Peak Room and it had beautiful views from the balcony. It had snowed as we came in the night before and the sunlight somehow made my sickness wane over the first few hours of the next day of arrival. Breakfast was great each day too. We didn't partake in the Happy Hour the first night because I was sick and the second night we were still in the mountains so i cannot elaborate on that.

Overall, I believe paying an average of $180 a night was well worth the stay. (We also got a massage that was great ($85) and went in the spa and looked at the stars the last night.

Top Notch!!!