“Jordan Condo”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Windcliff Properties
Geneseo, Illinois
“Jordan Condo”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My son and I recently stayed at Jordan for 3 nights and 4 days. The condo was clean and well maintained with everything we needed. We especially enjoyed the hot tub on the lower level. We had several activities planned and did not spend much time at the condo. If we return to the area will most likely not stay here, we found ourselves doing alot of driving up and down the mountain. If I were going to stay in the area and not go much of anywhere Jordan would be fine. Jordan is attached with another unit next door. The master suite is directly below another room of the attached unit. Every time someone walked across the floor or opened a closet door it could be heard in the master bedroom. I did not sleep well in that bedroom. No issues at check in or check out.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We just spent 4 nights at the Kinney condo in Windcliff. The location of this property is great (across the road from the YMCA of the Rockies), very accessible to the National Park. The 80s era condo was clean and very livable, and the members of the Windcliff staff were helpful. We plan to return soon.

• Stayed May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My and my husband's immediate family all shared this house for our wedding on 4/18/14. This house was, to put it simply, AMAZING. Beautifully decorated, spacious, quiet, the works! The drive up the house can be pretty harrowing your first attempt, but you quickly acclimate :) Getting into both RMNP and Estes Park are very easy, and you can't beat the views you get of the mountains from this place. Beautiful, beautiful place to stay for a great family vacation!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had reservations for October 12, but decided to cancel, due to all of the closed roads and damage around Estes Park. Windcliff had canceled all of the September reservations, already. When I canceled our reservation, they said they would not return our deposit of over $500. My wife and I both contacted the rental manager, all she could say was, "Go read your contract", despite the fact that all of the flooding occurred within the thirty days required for cancellations. We have been there three times before and have spent thousands of dollars, but will not go there again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Clarranw
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a wonderful time at this unit. The community is far enough away from Estes Park so that you can avoid the noise and hustle (especially during busy summer weekends), but close enough for you to enjoy the activity if you want to. You can also access RMNP without having to go through town. A big plus during the busy season!

The viewer from the unit is amazing, and can be seen from nearly every room in the house! The house was quite comfortable for our small family (myself, my husband, and our daughter). I wouldn't stay here with more than four in my group, though.

The house was in great shape and was quite comfortable. Some of the appliances were older (like the stove), but everything worked perfectly. The wi-fi to the house was great! But cell service up there is sporadic at best. Plan to use the land line!

Our family was sad to leave it and we're looking forward to staying there again some day!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AbqChica
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The views from the Jordan house were spectacular! The house was stocked with everything including enough firewood for the entire stay. The staff was friendly and helpful from reservation to check out.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank KAJ-WYO
OH
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Words will not do justice to the property we stayed at. We stayed at Alpine Jewel with Windcliff Properties. This may be a little lengthy, but if you are looking for a place to stay and something about Estes Park, it is worth it. I’m not one of those people who just pump things up because I’m a happy sappy person. If it sucks, I let someone know. Check out my pictures if you want. The sunset pics are taken off the deck of the house.

Weather: We stayed there in June of 2012. Weather was perfect (mid to high 70's every day and sunny).

Cleanliness: We have stayed a lot of places all over the country and nearly every time, the first hour or so is listening to my wife complain about how dirty the place is. (of course I really don't care because I'm a guy I guess) Then we buy cleaning products and clean it ourselves. Anyway, not this place. It was spotless! Whoever they use to clean I hope they keep them. Best I've seen.

The view: Wow, the view is one of the best you will see. Rocky Mountains all the way. Sunset behind the mountains was unreal. It is very quiet except for the variety of birds, which was nice. Lots of humming birds that just buzz right up beside you and check you out. I stood on the deck enjoying a Coors Light in the place it was born. Loved it!

The house: It must only be a few years old, because everything was in great shape. It is a log home, which is a nice touch for staying in the mountains. (BTW, if you can’t get this one, check out Awestruck. That was another choice and I hear it is great too). You can tell whoever owns this home is proud of it. Everything is first class from the appliances to the cool mountain furniture. Kitchen well stocked with cooking utensils, plates, etc… If you can get in the room before you go to the store, do so. People leave things like paper towels, salt, pepper, seasonings, etc… Great kitchen. Very nice grill on the deck, which we used a couple of times. It was as clean as the house. Three full floors. My wife and I stayed on the top floor. My son and his fiancé stayed on the middle floor and my daughter stayed on the ground floor. Middle floor is very cool with a pool table and the best bath room, but the top floor has the view and kitchen. Bottom floor is nice too with two bedrooms and lots of space.

Food: Poppy’s Pizza is great! It’s in town, so parking is bit of a pain, but not bad. You will want to walk around downtown anyway. They have individual pizzas, which is more than enough for one person and that way everyone gets what they want. Big selection of toppings and sauces. Must go. Waterfront Grille has one of the best grilled chicken sandwiches you will eat, plus a great view. Rock Inn Mountain Tavern great grilled food. Bread app. Is a rip-off. Smokin’ Dave’s: great BBQ! The Wild Rose sucks! Laura’s (#1 for some reason. Good ice-cream, but come on) Dun Raven Inn was fantastic. Some of the best lasagna I’ve ever had. Got to try it. Make a reservation. BTW, side-note, grocery stores only sell 3.2 beer. Get the real stuff at one of the many liquor stores. There is one right beside Safeway in the pharmacy.

Things to do: You HAVE to drive the trail ridge road. It’s a five or six hour adventure, but worth it. Real close to where we stayed. Enter Rocky Mountain National Park on the east side and drive to the west. Unbelievable views all along the way. Saw huge elk on the east side and moose on the west. There is a place to eat at the top. Good sandwiches. Peak to peak road was cool, but nothing like trail ridge. You end up in the Twilight Zone though if you’re into that. Black Hawk is an old mining town turned casino mecca. They are everywhere. Very strange. Cool ghost town just past there too called Nevadaville I think. If you drive peak to peak, check it out. Went rock climbing with Estes Park Mountain Shop. You have to do this, but you need to be in at least half way decent shape. Rick was our guide. Great guy and very patient. My kids (22, and 25) did better than I (51), but it was fun for all. A great experience! White water rafting: was supposed to go with A1 on the Poudre, but go axed by forest fires. Ended up in Idaho Springs. A lot of fun and good for beginners, but did have some great rapids too. There are spots you can fly out, but not likely. The river was down though. If you decide to do it, there is a place in Estes Park that takes you to the river vs you driving an hour or so to get there. Idaho Springs is two hours. Didn’t get to go hiking, but would have loved to. Walking around the Estes Park lake is so so. Something to do I guess, but not that cool.

Summary: Windcliff Properties folks, the place we stayed, the food, and things to do were all GREAT! Would love to do it again.

Room Tip: Check out the Windcliff website. Alpine Jewel and Awestruck looked best.